+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I
No guarantee but there are tendencies. Eg CEC usually get sent to Ottawa, PNP are at Sydney, FSW inland can be all over the place - there are many exceptions, of course, but this is the tendency. You can't choose which office to submit to so no point worrying before you even submit.
I am FSW -O , and my application was sent to Ottawa.

canadashine

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Guys we should send email to Immigration minister, I sent last friday. Maybe if he opens his laptop on monday and receives 20-30 emails saying the same thing. He might be forced to ask what is happening.
Email of Immigration Minister : minister@cic.gc.ca

If we don't put pressure on CIC we could be waiting another 6-8 months, looking at the way they are picking files.

I wrote the letter as well. Sharing my template here:

---

Dear Minister Mendicino,

My name is [NAME]. I’m writing to you as an Express Entry (Federal Skilled Worker) applicant for Permanent Residence here in Canada. My family and I have been residing in [CITY] on a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). I was invited to work for [ACTIVITY]. During that initial period, we decided to stay in Canada for the long term and applied for a Permanent Residence to secure our status in the country.

However, our experience with CIC has let us down, and I want to shed some light on the current situation with the applicants like me who’ve submitted their applications from Jan-Mar 2020. We’ve been patiently waiting for the immigration officers to go through our applications, but it’s been silent for more than nine months now. We haven’t received an update of any sort either. However, we’ve got to see applicants from July to September get their files processed while we continue to stay in the immigration limbo. With everything that has been going on worldwide, we’re stressed due to our temporary status. [SITUATION] and our TRV will expire this Summer. We, of course, would like to get a response before the due date. That way, we could prepare ourselves for a possible departure if our application would be refused or not processed at that time.

Thank you for your understanding and the work you do.

Sincerely,
[NAME]

---

Change things here and there of course. Cheers, I hope this helps.

Thermie

Oct 28, 2020
Good morning all.

Has anyone received any update from Ottawa VO? Like application moved to the next stage, PPR, ADR or something? Anything at all?

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Good morning all.

Has anyone received any update from Ottawa VO? Like application moved to the next stage, PPR, ADR or something? Anything at all?
AoR Jan 23 (2020) FSW-O. My file had been sitting untouched at OVO for 8 months from March to end of October when it finally started moving. had a steady stream of things happen since:
ADR Oct 28
Submitted documents status changed to reviewing on Nov 20
Several GUs afterwards
Webform confirmed eligibility and criminality finally passed
Medical expired Dec 20 but within about a week I got another GU and medicals appeared to be sent to reassessment
Jan 25: Medicals extended.

I'm not sure what happens next since I'm FSW, even though I'm a US resident.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Guys we should send email to Immigration minister, I sent last friday. Maybe if he opens his laptop on monday and receives 20-30 emails saying the same thing. He might be forced to ask what is happening.
Email of Immigration Minister : minister@cic.gc.ca

If we don't put pressure on CIC we could be waiting another 6-8 months, looking at the way they are picking files.

I wrote the letter as well. Sharing my template here:

---

Dear Minister Mendicino,

My name is [NAME]. I’m writing to you as an Express Entry (Federal Skilled Worker) applicant for Permanent Residence here in Canada. My family and I have been residing in [CITY] on a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). I was invited to work for [ACTIVITY]. During that initial period, we decided to stay in Canada for the long term and applied for a Permanent Residence to secure our status in the country.

However, our experience with CIC has let us down, and I want to shed some light on the current situation with the applicants like me who’ve submitted their applications from Jan-Mar 2020. We’ve been patiently waiting for the immigration officers to go through our applications, but it’s been silent for more than nine months now. We haven’t received an update of any sort either. However, we’ve got to see applicants from July to September get their files processed while we continue to stay in the immigration limbo. With everything that has been going on worldwide, we’re stressed due to our temporary status. [SITUATION] and our TRV will expire this Summer. We, of course, would like to get a response before the due date. That way, we could prepare ourselves for a possible departure if our application would be refused or not processed at that time.

Thank you for your understanding and the work you do.

Sincerely,
[NAME]

---

Change things here and there of course. Cheers, I hope this helps.
Did you went ahead with the email ? If yes then did you get any response ?

Thermie

Oct 28, 2020
AoR Jan 23 (2020) FSW-O. My file had been sitting untouched at OVO for 8 months from March to end of October when it finally started moving. had a steady stream of things happen since:
ADR Oct 28
Submitted documents status changed to reviewing on Nov 20
Several GUs afterwards
Webform confirmed eligibility and criminality finally passed
Medical expired Dec 20 but within about a week I got another GU and medicals appeared to be sent to reassessment
Jan 25: Medicals extended.

I'm not sure what happens next since I'm FSW, even though I'm a US resident.
Thanks for responding. At least they are revisiting applications again. My file hasn't been touched since October also.
Let's hope for the best.

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Good morning all.

The last update on our profile was on December 8,2020 which was medical extension. After that no movement at all.
Aor October 5,2019
FSW-O
India

sufman

Nov 4, 2020
Good morning all.

Nothing on my file. Meds expired last week with no update yet. I also sent them my new passport details a couple of months ago via web form but no response.

Does anyone know how you can check if they’ve updated passport on file?

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nothing on my file. Meds expired last week with no update yet. I also sent them my new passport details a couple of months ago via web form but no response.

Does anyone know how you can check if they’ve updated passport on file?
They should update your profile.
I have submitted documents for my newborn, it took more than a month to have the profile updated.

Reactions: sufman

Thermie

Oct 28, 2020
They should update your profile.
I have submitted documents for my newborn, it took more than a month to have the profile updated.
Please what is the procedure for doing this? I mean what are the documents to be uploaded? Does the new born also need to have medicals done? Did you have to pay extra for the child to be added?

Thanks

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......