Appan

Jun 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grace of God
ramuk said:
hai everybody
Really i could not beleive it , i yesterday received a email from ottawa to submit my passports to london chc for visa stamping, really it happened after a long wait,,,,,,hoping this to happen for others also. wishing all , all the best.

bye
Congrats RamUk..... .Wish u good luck

appan

Appan

Jun 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grace of God
edupolo said:
Hey (congrats Ramuk),
I also finally got the request for passports after a very painful wait. We are over the moon although now we need to act fast and get the Bank Cheque in Canadian Dollars for the RPRF fee ($490 each). They did send my email with a code that I should show the receptionist so that she know that it is a urgent case.
Thank you all for the support. At least my case proves to the rest of you that all our cases will be finalised before medicals expire (even if it is very close to it... 47 days in my case). I will let you know what happens once I go to the High Commission, which will have to wait until I am back in the UK.
And in case Ahmadtajwer reads this, I will hopefully not come across the rude receptionist you got as I am planning to bring my bank cheque with me along with passports and pictures. Nowehere in my email it says that the RPRF Fee has to be sent before submitting passports.... we will see.
Congrats Edupolo !!!!!!!
Best Wishes......
appan.

Shiraz1971

May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/04/2007
Doc's Request.
15/03/2010
AOR Received.
01/10/2007
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
19/02/2011
Med's Done....
11/03/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/06/2011
LANDED..........
24/09/2011
Congrats guys, very happy to hear that others have started receive their PPR's ;D

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Congrats Ramuk and Edupolo, what a great news. M+JM and others, you'll follow the suite too i guess. Ya Edupolo I hope that you won't get the same rude receptionist. Good luck to all.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So happy for you guys, and especially relieved for Edupolo!! Although 45 days to organise a move is ridiculous, I'm sure you don't feel like complaining right now!!
Could this really mean they will try to stamp visa before medicals expire? Even if ours and others' cases are now different because of QA, this sure brings hope to us!

You started this thread Ed, I'm glad you won't be the one finishing it!

PLEASE keep us posted on the stamping process for an "urgent" case like yours, as we are very likely to get the same thing!

Ramuk, PARTY TIME!!

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Thank you everyone!
Yes I really think that everyone should be done by the time their medicals are about to expire. I was losing hope, but if they cut it so short for me, it means that they intend to complete the rest of applications before medicals expire. As you said M+JM, i do not have much time.

First lesson: as soon as you get it, go to your bank to order the Bank Cheque in CAD for the RPRF fee. My bank says it could take a week, so I did it this afternoon for the amount of $980 (since it is two of us). I am not too sure if all bank in England are this slow, but there was no way to expedite it.

They only asked for the following:

2 pictures each
Our passports
The Right of Permanent Resident Fee (in CAD bank cheque)
and a simple form where we just need to put our passport and personal details (1 sheet only of simple questions such as name and date of birth)

In my case, they told me I can go to embassy as soon as I want and show my email with the code to the receptionist. I will probably due that later in the month cos I am away, but I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully no more problems. It still hasnt sunk in, we are just like zombies right now as we cannot believe it.

Good luck to all.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does the "magic code" mean you can go give your passports anytime (not just a Thursday), or that they'll stamp it straightaway when you're there?
That would mean a lot to us as we would be travelling from the north coast ;D
Do let us know, and don't go breaking your leg slipping on a champagne cork :p You don't want to re-redo your meds!
Ramuk, same advice to you man!

ramuk

Star Member
Jul 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everybody
really want to thank each and everyone for their wishes , since banks are closed today here ( oman ) . I would take the demand draft for CAD 980 by tommorow and send to chc ,london ASAP because it would take nearly 6 - 8 weeks to receive the passports back. wishing every one all the best for early PPRs .
bye

ss2can_Oman

Dec 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Ramuk, Edupolo, Shiraz and those who have received Med Request !
We are in India visiting relatives and have been really busy (while trying to forget all this !). Just checked this forum after a long time and saw all the happy happenings !! Looks like good things happen when I dont check :eek: :'( ;D

Hope the good times keep rolling !!

SinceOct07

Sep 27, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-9-2007
Doc's Request.
12-3-2010
File Transfer...
12-3-2010
Med's Request
8-2-2011
Med's Done....
16-2-2011
Interview........
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-11
LANDED..........
22-01-12
Congratulations Edupolo and Ramuk, my God there is still so much hope :)

I'm really happy for you guys.

ahaboubi

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2007
Doc's Request.
Mar-2010
Med's Done....
Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2011
LANDED..........
Jun-2011
Congratulations to edupolo and ramuk! I'm really happy for you guys. We landed in Toronto yesterday. Loving it so far!

Good luck to all.

unfairsystem

May 11, 2011
hi

Original bank statement has been asked.

Does it consider as ORIGINAL bank statement?? 1. A bank statement print out on A4 paper (not on bank letterhead) and stamped by bank and 2. got balance certificate on bank letterhead.

Above these 2 documents are good enough to provide as original bank statement?

Please advise.

thx