+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA Case Pilot Office - for 2007 London Applicants only

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi M+JM,

Thanks to you and obviously ahmed for this Minister Tip.Would you like to disclose how long did the Minister take to reply you and how long did CPPO/London take to act?

I am not a CPPO applicant but a CHC London one,done with my meds in Oct 2010 still waiting for PPR.I have put many major decisions on hold from the past 48 months due to this Immigration process.I am getting the same response from my VO from many months that file is waiting for a review.

What do you think sending an email to the Minister can expedite the things ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI people

The first time we contacted the Minister was in April. CPPO had told us that we had been transferred back to London for QA and that they couldn't do anything more for us, and obviously contacting London through the regular channels (email or contact form on their site) was useless. We were just desperate for a way to contact London and Ahmad suggested we tried this. Bless you Ahmad!

The first time the Ministry replied in just 6 days! They had contacted London, and London had told them they would contact us "in the next month" about the next step of QA. At last, we had a way of communication with London!!

However, the "next month" soon became 2, and as our own projects loomed ever closer we had to try again. I emailed the Ministry on May 24 and was expecting the same speediness... I resent my request on June 6...and got these calls yesterday. So if the ministry takes longer to act, it's worth it!

In fact after the phone calls, I actually got an email last night from the ministry:

I am replying to your emails of May 24 and June 6, 2011, addressed to the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada.
I have contacted the visa office in London on your behalf. The designated immigration officer has informed me that they will be sending out convocation letters this week, to invite you and Mr. XXXX to your interview, taking into account the travel dates when you will be in London (end of June/beginning of July).

So they DO get your emails and try to be accommodating! I guess the phone calls were instead of the letters the email mentionned. The guy in London said he would send an email today with the exact arrangements... and asked to call back if we had any problem!
So they're actually NICE!!!! They want to help! It's just that they're buried under so many files that an email is easily lost. The only way to make sure they get your info quick if your case is time-sensitive is through the ministry itself.

MY ADVICE for all applicants who have done their meds in August-September etc would be to start planning as if you will get your visa just before your meds expire (like prepare for moving, but don't sell your house yet!) so that you'll be ready at short notice. This is especially valid for anyone going through QA who does not live near London. Email them, give them your dates (wedding, trips, work...) and they should be able to fit something in for you. You could even try saying that you are wondering if the interview could be conducted in your nearest office/embassy instead of London, you never know it might work? Or maybe since the interview is only to check your documents, you could politely suggest sending your original documents to London instead as travelling would not be practical? I'm pretty sure they would try to accommodate, remember London didn't ask for these QA, they want to get it over and done with soon...

And don't worry if you don't get a reply immediately people, as you're "only" October. Give them your info now, then resend in a month.

Hope this helps

SinceOct07

Sep 27, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-9-2007
Doc's Request.
12-3-2010
File Transfer...
12-3-2010
Med's Request
8-2-2011
Med's Done....
16-2-2011
Interview........
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-11
LANDED..........
22-01-12
M+JM CONGRATULATIONS and thank you for clarifying on the QA, this is great news.

ericnzet, I'm also in Dubai and I think our interviews will be in Abu Dhabi, that's the closest Canadian Embassy.

Good luck all

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks very much M+JM for the detailed info,that was really helpful.

I will wait for a few days and then will try sending an enquiry through the Minister.

Wish you a smooth interview and landing.

God Bless!

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Thanks M+JM for your kind words, much appreciated. I'm happy that will be seeing you guys here in Canada soon. Wish you best of luck.

I went to one of the events here, it was interfaith symposium. The photographer who was taking the photos was official photographer of Immig Minister Jason Kenny. When I came to know that, I was tempted to go to him to say : Tell your minister to sort our friends out but couldn't do that. ???

It's good that everything is almost sorted without photographer's intervention :p

See you guys in Canada soon.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update about QA:

Just got confirmation email from London, interview on July 5, 11 a.m.
They ask us (applicant + spouse) to bring original of all diplomas and mark sheets, birth certificates, letter from current employer, contract and payslips from last 3 months, evidence of settlement funds, and all bank statements for past 6 months!!

Plus of course the 2 photos and info chart. Passport should have at least 2 empty pages. Surprisingly no mention of the landing fee in the mail, but I know I can order cheque now.

This is all very exciting.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ahmad, a question for you:
Do you remember when you got your PPR and we thought we were next, you sent us a copy of the mail you had received, giving the lists of things you needed to bring with your passport (photos, updated chart and RPRF.) Well the doc I just received is exactly the same, except that bullet point # 4 in the list (RPRF) has disappeared. I just cannot understand why???

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
M+JM, what I can think of is mismanagement and miscommunication between the 2 offices. CPPO issued us the letter that's why RPRF was requested whereas yours has been issued by CHC London where applicants have to pay RPRF with their meds and not when they submit there passports. That's the only thing I can think of. Make sure you get the draft sorted before you go and if they ask for it, hand it to them, if not, you would save £500 i guess ::)

Camerwell

Oct 30, 2010
Hi

If it helps anyone else's timeline today I received an email stating that I had been selected for an interview on the 20th July as my case is under quality assurance.

Thanks

ramuk

Star Member
Jul 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everbody
M+JM , Really at last you made it, all the best . I had send the passports to chc london through DHL , which were received by guy named alphonso................. so now the waiting game starts