+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opportunity to immigrate to a small city in Manitoba

eunbella

Jan 29, 2014
SVoth said:
An IELTS score is only required of the principal applicant, not the spouse.
If the applicant finished a bachelor degree at university of Manitoba, does he still need IELTS score?

Thanks

eunbella

Jan 29, 2014
eunbella said:
If the applicant finished a bachelor degree at university of Manitoba, does he still need IELTS score?

Thanks
I got the answer! He doesn't need if his job requires university degree.

eunbella

Jan 29, 2014
La_LuNa said:
people, please, don't send me private messages with questions that could be very useful here on thread, for everyone to see.
i'm here everyday so I'll see your question on this thread for sure, and answer it.
the more information we share, the more we help each other, so, please, everything you wanna ask about my path so far, ask here.

and also, people, read older post, at least couple of pages back!!
I don't know how many times I already said where I live and when I've sent my application.

but here we go again :)

I'm from Croatia, Europe, I'm an Early Childhood Educator with 5+ years of experience.
I sent my application for Morden Driven Initiative on December 26th, got automated response to wait till January 6th because of holidays.
January 6th I got mail from Shelly asking for Skype interview. on January 9th I had interview. questions were about my work experience, why we decided on Morden, do we think we would adapt to rural life in small town, where do I see myself in 5 years etc. also questions and information about MPNP requests (IELTS, proof of funds etc.)
yesterday, on February 14th I got my invitation for EV. I had to wait for their committee to meet and decide on applications, and got my answer right away.

so, now you see, this program is real, it's still active and you all have your chance if you apply!!

everything you need to know is on their web site, everything is explained in details and you really have nothing to lose if you apply!
don't expect miracles, they have limits because it's a small town. but, if you don't try, you'll never know. maybe your occupation and your skills are what they really need in that moment!
when I applied, my occupation WAS NOT on their list!! and you see, I still got my chance, because they do need skilled daycare workers!!
and please, stop with insinuations that they look for people only from Europe! that's not true, for sure, because we had people from Philippines on this thread who also got Skype interview request. On another forum there are also people from all around the world who also got their invitations, some of them are already in process for PR! the key is your occupation, and then your sincere intention to live and work in Morden!!! where you come from is irrelevant, but you have to be aware that you'll land in one of the coldest parts of Canada.

there, I relly don't know what else to say.. I only "schratched the surface" and still have a loooong, loong journey toward my PR. but I'll share my experience with you, so feel free to ask. once again, ask here!!
good luck!! don't hesitate, try, apply!
you have nothing to lose, but you could get a lot!!
Hello, La_LuNa
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I have one quick question. How did you show your sincere intention to live and work in Morden?
All I can think of is saying that I like the small city, I prefer cold places, I like the way people in Manitoba live. etc... :'(
Is it good if I relate my intention with the city itself? (Probably :))
Can you share your tips on this?

Thank you.

Eunbella

La_LuNa

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014 CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
23-9-2014
AOR Received.
27-4-2015
IELTS Request
already tested
Med's Request
20-7-2015
Med's Done....
RPRF 10-9-2015
Interview........
2-5-2014 in Winnipeg
Passport Req..
COPR 23-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
I've shown my intention with doin' my homework as best as I could :D
I've researched online and gathered all kind of infos I could. From schools, clinics, parks etc. I've explained why I don't like big cities and why I prefer smaller and rural towns. I guess the fact we do have some experience with rural life was a plus. I've explained what I (we) expect from life in Morden, what do we think is waiting us there.
But people, be honest with your intention to settle there. Don't think you'll use this program just to get that precious PR status and soon relocate, 'cause if your intention is not genuine, there are ways immigration officers (with whom you'll have your interview at the end of your EV) will see through your "lies". Things you need to do on EV are very specific and strictly Morden tied. So, please, take this seriously and really think it over, can you see yourself living there, really?

On the plus side, although Morden maybe is small, it has everything you need for normal and cozy life. Other cities (Winkler, Altona etc) are near, there are all kinds of stores, clinics, schools, recreation facilities..
And, if you really need that "big city experience" from time to time, hour and a half drive to Winnipeg is not that far :)
There are people (funny thing, people who never lived in big cities, never went to museums, galleries etc) who are telling me we'll end up in a pit, we'll die from boredom 'n stuff, and how they would never eeeeeveeer live in city as small as Morden (although they live in even smaller towns), but I don't take their comments seriously.
We know what we prefer, what we expect and we stick to that.
Morden has it all :)

eunbella

Jan 29, 2014
La_LuNa said:
I've shown my intention with doin' my homework as best as I could :D
I've researched online and gathered all kind of infos I could. From schools, clinics, parks etc. I've explained why I don't like big cities and why I prefer smaller and rural towns. I guess the fact we do have some experience with rural life was a plus. I've explained what I (we) expect from life in Morden, what do we think is waiting us there.
But people, be honest with your intention to settle there. Don't think you'll use this program just to get that precious PR status and soon relocate, 'cause if your intention is not genuine, there are ways immigration officers (with whom you'll have your interview at the end of your EV) will see through your "lies". Things you need to do on EV are very specific and strictly Morden tied. So, please, take this seriously and really think it over, can you see yourself living there, really?

On the plus side, although Morden maybe is small, it has everything you need for normal and cozy life. Other cities (Winkler, Altona etc) are near, there are all kinds of stores, clinics, schools, recreation facilities..
And, if you really need that "big city experience" from time to time, hour and a half drive to Winnipeg is not that far :)
There are people (funny thing, people who never lived in big cities, never went to museums, galleries etc) who are telling me we'll end up in a pit, we'll die from boredom 'n stuff, and how they would never eeeeeveeer live in city as small as Morden (although they live in even smaller towns), but I don't take their comments seriously.
We know what we prefer, what we expect and we stick to that.
Morden has it all :)
THank you, La LuNa.
helped a lot!!

ahmed munir

Nov 22, 2013
Dear can you have visit of morden city? that means you not prefer this small city and they have no jobs and all facilities is there?what so thnik about morden we don't apply morden?please reply me.

Mission-MB

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
4030-31
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-13
Nomination.....
waiting
SVoth said:
Do you enjoy the life of a small city? Morden, Manitoba, Canada is accepting applications for its Community Driven Immigration Initiative. To see if you qualify for this unique opportunity, go to Morden Manitoba's website and look for the "Immigrate to Morden - How to Get here" link.
Dear sir/mam
I am mpnp genral stream applicant,my. destination will be winnipeg.after reaching can I move to morden to live,work and sattel there?Thanks.

Hutada2002

Mar 31, 2014
hi Luna,
Firstly, congratulation on your invitation to Morden and good luck to your EV trip.
I am a new comer here and will be interviewed next Tuesday, hopefully I will be chosen and start going to Morden ASAP. Please share you EV experience after that.
could you please tell me that if I am invited can I take my wife and my little kid to go together or only the principal applicant can go?
Thanks

ahmed munir

Nov 22, 2013
Hutada2002 said:
hi Luna,
Firstly, congratulation on your invitation to Morden and good luck to your EV trip.
I am a new comer here and will be interviewed next Tuesday, hopefully I will be chosen and start going to Morden ASAP. Please share you EV experience after that.
could you please tell me that if I am invited can I take my wife and my little kid to go together or only the principal applicant can go?
Thanks
Congress dear you get interviewed, what is your occupation and which occupation match in morden list ? and how can you apply you, how much time your processing application..please reply me

richard m.

Mar 20, 2014
Hi! I'm new here. I would to ask help for those who has idea and knowledge in this kind of problems. What happened is the CIO returned our application last Oct. 16, 2013. But due to poor postal service, we only received it on April 8, 2014 last Tuesday only. It took almost 6 months before we received our application. The problem is our Nomination from MPNP is expired already on January 29, 2014. And we have to apply for extension of nomination before we pass again our application to CIO or else our application will be return again and hopefully it will not happen.
I'm asking help for those who knew this kind of procedure in securing extension of nomination because I don't have any idea how to request an extension for nomination in MPNP.
Hope there's someone who knew how to request for extension of nomination in MPNP.
Thanks in advance...God bless.

ahmed munir

Nov 22, 2013
richard m. said:
Hi! I'm new here. I would to ask help for those who has idea and knowledge in this kind of problems. What happened is the CIO returned our application last Oct. 16, 2013. But due to poor postal service, we only received it on April 8, 2014 last Tuesday only. It took almost 6 months before we received our application. The problem is our Nomination from MPNP is expired already on January 29, 2014. And we have to apply for extension of nomination before we pass again our application to CIO or else our application will be return again and hopefully it will not happen.
I'm asking help for those who knew this kind of procedure in securing extension of nomination because I don't have any idea how to request an extension for nomination in MPNP.
Hope there's someone who knew how to request for extension of nomination in MPNP.
Thanks in advance...God bless.

Hi can you send your email address or skype id i will explain you

Perica

Mar 10, 2014
Hi can you please explain to me as well how to ask for the extension from the MPNP?

Your response would be appreciated

ahmed munir said:
Hi can you send your email address or skype id i will explain you

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
Seniors,

Has anyone got nomination without an EV. Why I am asking is that a column in the question is asking why one may not be able to come for EV.

La_LuNa

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014 CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
23-9-2014
AOR Received.
27-4-2015
IELTS Request
already tested
Med's Request
20-7-2015
Med's Done....
RPRF 10-9-2015
Interview........
2-5-2014 in Winnipeg
Passport Req..
COPR 23-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
I'm sorry, I was away...
Of course I'll share my EV experience :)

Hutada2002 you can bring your spouse with you, my husband's coming with me.
when it comes to the children, if we're talking about small children, you better leave them with grandparents, 'cause, first of all, it's going to be too much for them, all those airports and jet lag...

second, when you'll go on interviews, with employers, schools, day cares, banks, etc - where will you leave your children?
believe me, I know Its hard to make that decision, to leave kids behind (I have NEVER separated from my precious since I gave birth), but, hey, you're doin' it for their future!!!!! couple of days id separation i s irrelevant when compared, so.... :)

good luck :)