+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opportunity to immigrate to a small city in Manitoba

ahmed munir

Nov 22, 2013
Dear Mr Svoth

I have read the web site its new changes in your policy, these policy only new comers? And what about old policy. What is status of old application status?

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi every one interested in MORDEN CITY.

Any body have offered and complete exploratory Visit to Morden City? Please share your experience for help.

La_LuNa

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014 CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
23-9-2014
AOR Received.
27-4-2015
IELTS Request
already tested
Med's Request
20-7-2015
Med's Done....
RPRF 10-9-2015
Interview........
2-5-2014 in Winnipeg
Passport Req..
COPR 23-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
fazeel said:
Hi every one interested in MORDEN CITY.

Any body have offered and complete exploratory Visit to Morden City? Please share your experience for help.
Hi :D

just got my invitation today, weeeeeeeeee :)
but, although we come from TRV free country, we can't fly for EV before summer, 'cause we have no free days at work before that :(
I'll make sure to share my experience with you after EV, but you'll have to wait..
if you think that's long, try to imagine how long that looks to us :(
soooooooo, sooooooo long :(

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks la_luna for your reply, it is good you receive invitatiom, which are you from and how much time it took to invitation?

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SVoth said:
Hi all,
Thank you for your interest in Morden. I am sorry that I do not have the time to respond to individual inquiries, but I will give some information that will be helpful.

First, please visit www.mordenmb.com under the "immigrate to Morden" tab.

All applicants must meet minimum criteria. These criteria can be found on our website, on page 7 of the application form.
Due to the small size of our program, we are only able to choose a small percentage of qualified applicants for participation in our program. You have a higher chance to be chosen if:
- You have experience in our targeted occupations (see website for this list). Our highest needs are for those able to work in "hands-on", physical work.
- You have genuine interest in living in a small community. Experience in living in a small community or rural area is an advantage. Experience with a colder climate is also an advantage.
- You have no other connections to anywhere else in Canada. All connections to Canada must be declared on the application, as not declaring a connection to Canada would have consequences on this and any future application.
- The higher your English ability, the higher your chance of selection.

Hopefully this information is useful to you as you consider whether Morden is the right destination for you and your family.
Dear SVoth,

If somebody have connection to other province of Canada and interested to choose Morden City then what should he do?

Please reply.

La_LuNa

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014 CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
23-9-2014
AOR Received.
27-4-2015
IELTS Request
already tested
Med's Request
20-7-2015
Med's Done....
RPRF 10-9-2015
Interview........
2-5-2014 in Winnipeg
Passport Req..
COPR 23-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
people, please, don't send me private messages with questions that could be very useful here on thread, for everyone to see.
i'm here everyday so I'll see your question on this thread for sure, and answer it.
the more information we share, the more we help each other, so, please, everything you wanna ask about my path so far, ask here.

and also, people, read older post, at least couple of pages back!!
I don't know how many times I already said where I live and when I've sent my application.

but here we go again :)

I'm from Croatia, Europe, I'm an Early Childhood Educator with 5+ years of experience.
I sent my application for Morden Driven Initiative on December 26th, got automated response to wait till January 6th because of holidays.
January 6th I got mail from Shelly asking for Skype interview. on January 9th I had interview. questions were about my work experience, why we decided on Morden, do we think we would adapt to rural life in small town, where do I see myself in 5 years etc. also questions and information about MPNP requests (IELTS, proof of funds etc.)
yesterday, on February 14th I got my invitation for EV. I had to wait for their committee to meet and decide on applications, and got my answer right away.

so, now you see, this program is real, it's still active and you all have your chance if you apply!!

everything you need to know is on their web site, everything is explained in details and you really have nothing to lose if you apply!
don't expect miracles, they have limits because it's a small town. but, if you don't try, you'll never know. maybe your occupation and your skills are what they really need in that moment!
when I applied, my occupation WAS NOT on their list!! and you see, I still got my chance, because they do need skilled daycare workers!!
and please, stop with insinuations that they look for people only from Europe! that's not true, for sure, because we had people from Philippines on this thread who also got Skype interview request. On another forum there are also people from all around the world who also got their invitations, some of them are already in process for PR! the key is your occupation, and then your sincere intention to live and work in Morden!!! where you come from is irrelevant, but you have to be aware that you'll land in one of the coldest parts of Canada.

there, I relly don't know what else to say.. I only "schratched the surface" and still have a loooong, loong journey toward my PR. but I'll share my experience with you, so feel free to ask. once again, ask here!!
good luck!! don't hesitate, try, apply!
you have nothing to lose, but you could get a lot!!

gaurav2571

Nov 23, 2013
Thank you luna for your detailed reply. I submitted my application last week and hope to hear from svoth end of the month :)
fingers cross.

thank you

Svetlana235

Jan 18, 2014
La LuNa,
have you done your IELTS?
We are from Serbia, also applied, waiting till the and of February for response. My husband is an electrician and I am an architect, planning to finish our IELTS ASAP.
Pozdrav :D

La_LuNa

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014 CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
23-9-2014
AOR Received.
27-4-2015
IELTS Request
already tested
Med's Request
20-7-2015
Med's Done....
RPRF 10-9-2015
Interview........
2-5-2014 in Winnipeg
Passport Req..
COPR 23-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Hi :)

no, I haven't passed IELTS yet. but I will soon.

the thing with IELTS is, you NEED to pass it before landing on EV, because you'll have interview with immigration officers from MPNP and IELTS is mandatory for MPNP application.
IELTS score 5 overall is something that Manitoba asks from every applicant. You also need proof of funds, 10000 CAD for main applicant and 2000 for every other family member that would land with you at the end of process. everything about MPNP you need to know is here:
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/

Sretno, susjedi!!

rauldoppler

Oct 28, 2013
Hi la_luna,
how is your process going?
when are you traveling for the EV?
my wife and I are working on finishing studies/degrees etc, so its going to be 1-2 years before we apply.
But we are going to be watching this closely, we hope this stream is still open by then.

cheers and good luck.

bbbdanmar2003

Feb 27, 2014
bok,daj mi reci dali ima šanse za nekoga tko dođe tamo na crnjaka??? Ja radim na željeznici i mislim možda dat otkaz i viva la Canada.Sve mi te molbe pre dugo traju.

saifiub

Feb 24, 2014
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
NA
The Morden initiative has received 88 applicants since being approved in March of this year. Of those 88 applicants, 37 have been invited to apply for immigration through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program. Twenty nine of these were invited as a result of Provincial interviews held in Kiev in June and eight of the exploratory visitors have been invited. Nine are awaiting an exploratory visit; six are awaiting review and four are waiting to take their English language tests, and have therefore not been reviewed at this time. The remainder of the applicants have been denied because; they do not meet MPNP requirements, the Morden Review Committee felt that their skill set did not match employer needs, or the family would have difficulty integrating into the community.

The initiative was started in Morden because of a lack of labourers in the area notes Digby, adding Morden's initiative was designed to match the skill set of applicants with employer needs. As of this date, Digby says 37 families have been approved and represent 102 people, 19 families from Ukraine, 10 families from Russia, 6 families from Kazakhstan, 1 family from Portugal, and 1 family from Hong Kong. These families are expected to be arriving from June to November 2013

La_LuNa

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014 CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
23-9-2014
AOR Received.
27-4-2015
IELTS Request
already tested
Med's Request
20-7-2015
Med's Done....
RPRF 10-9-2015
Interview........
2-5-2014 in Winnipeg
Passport Req..
COPR 23-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
rauldoppler said:
Hi la_luna,
how is your process going?
when are you traveling for the EV?
my wife and I are working on finishing studies/degrees etc, so its going to be 1-2 years before we apply.
But we are going to be watching this closely, we hope this stream is still open by then.

cheers and good luck.
Hi :)
right now, I'm preparing for my IELTS exam in March. If everything goes well, we'll land for visit at the end of April (we managed to get some free days at work).
Also, I'm gathering documents from my university and researching where I'll assess my diploma. My occupation is regulated in Manitoba so in order to work as an ECE, I have to get my credentials assessed. So, I'm taking head start on that, and making sure to speed up that process by doing everything I can while I'm still in my homeland.

That's also good information for everybody here. Check if your occupation is regulated in Manitoba here
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/working-in-manitoba/profession/
and contact regulatory body for that occupation.

I was told it's not necessary for my credentials to be assessed, but then I'll only be able to work as an assistant. So I've decided to get my diploma recognized, 'cause I really love my job and I'd like to give my best working it in Manitoba with my full potential.

and bbbdanmar2003, seriously?!
first of all, this is foreing forum and people here share information from all over the world. It's really rude to write whole posts in language majority won't understand.
and second, it's illegal to do what you've asked me!! you think I'm happy with waiting and Vienna timeline for processing papers? I'm not, I'd like to move to Morden, like, yesterday ::) but I know our best chance is to wait and do everything "by the book".
At the end of that waiting is Permanent Residence. Which is HUGE nowadays!!

thomasuk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have a quick question; if anyone get's refuse for the first time, are they eligible to apply for the 2nd time? If it is eligible then is there any time limitation or any gap?

Many thanks,

thomasuk