Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Yup. Along with numerous weird answers from call centre agents like "your application was lost" "Your agent was on holiday" "They are prioritizing your PR instead so it can be approved sooner" "It's not in the system" to now "It's because of Covid"
Thought: Do you think if we were using Representatives/immigration lawyers they would get us answers any faster? I'm not about to hire one, but I wonder if this kind of runaround is something they're familiar with, and know how to overcome it.

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
No explanation from IRCC, but I figured out/assumed it was because I had submitted an outdated version of the Schedule A (which my PR checklist PDF had linked me directly to). It *is* the form where you have to list all of your employment history for the last 10 years, so I suppose it has a loose connection to the OWP application, but it is technically part of the PR packet.
What was the dated version of your first Schedule A? The packet says mine is IMM 5669 (11-2018) E at the bottom, I want to see if mine is bad as well.

Reactions: CanUK333

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
For the PR is the percentage completed still going up for you guys? Dirty has yours remain the same % since it hasn't changed about your background yet? Just wondering if there is an actual correlation between the bar going up with each step or if its just an automatic thing going up based on the time til your supposed completion date.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
For the PR is the percentage completed still going up for you guys? Dirty has yours remain the same % since it hasn't changed about your background yet? Just wondering if there is an actual correlation between the bar going up with each step or if its just an automatic thing going up based on the time til your supposed completion date.
I've been told it's just based on your 12 month completion date. So in other words, it's just a superficial countdown not based on reality just there to make us feel like there's some sort of progress haha It hasn't changed because I'm sure they don't update the online accounts in real time...and with the covid situation...I imagine they don't update it regularly.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Thought: Do you think if we were using Representatives/immigration lawyers they would get us answers any faster? I'm not about to hire one, but I wonder if this kind of runaround is something they're familiar with, and know how to overcome it.
Interesting thought. I'm not sure if they have a different level of access to the information or not. I can imagine that in our current situation that an immigration lawyer would see the injustice in it and send some stern letters to someone in charge saying that we have the right to know the status of our application and know the reasons behind not meeting criteria. It isn't ethical or legal for them to be withholding this information from us with no explanation.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know about my latest communication with IRCC regarding my OWP.
So far this is my timeline:

09-12-2019:Application for PR and OWP received by CIC.
06-02-2020: AOR

07-04-2020:My husband submitted a webform requesting information on the status of my OWP application.
08-04-2020: agent responded that after reviewing my application it was determined I don’t meet certain criteria to get my OWP before we are approved in principle, list of criteria was provided.

08-04-2020: After reviewing the list of criteria provided, my husband submitted a 2nd form providing proof that I met all the requirements at the moment we submitted our application and asking feedback on which specific criteria IRCC considered I didn’t meet.
14-04-2020: agent responded they couldn’t provide that information to my husband, because it was my file.

14-04-2020: I re-submitted the same enquiry on my own behalf.
17-04-2020: agent responded the information I provided was forwarded to the agent reviewing my case. Still didn’t explain what criteria I didn’t meet.

So, on 22-04-2020, I called IRCC by phone asked to the agent what criteria I didn’t meet. Agent said, quote: “I’m looking at your application in the system right now, and I can’t see any notes on it, or any information stating you don’t meet the eligibility criteria. Who told you that?”. I was completely lost. I can tell the agent at the phone wanted to help me, she even asked me to read aloud the exact content of the email I received from IRCC in response to the first web form we submitted, the one stating I don't meet the eligibility criteria. She said several time she didn't know what to tell me, and that she couldn't see anything about it in my file. She asked me if I could log in in my online account and check if I could see anything! I told her I was looking into my OWP application in my account and asked her if I should see something different. Truth is I could notice she wasn't sure, and I don't know if people responding web forms have access to some system agents at the phone doesn't.

So yesterday, I submitted anooooother web form, I attached prove of my previous communication. All the emails I got from IRCC about my application, and I explained what the agent at the phone told me. Again, I requested more information on what specific criteria I did not meet in the first place. I got a response 4 minutes after!! Literally 4 minutes after submitting the web form. I can tell the agent didn't read the information I provided, it is just impossible, it was like receiving an automated email! But yet, it was still signed by a different agent, din't answer to any of my questions and it was just a generic email:

Good day ___________________,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Courtney, agent 4201
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

I don't know what to do! Should I resend the same web form and wait to see if it's processed by a different agent?
Exact same situation as us. The question of why we don’t meet the eligibility requirements isn’t being answered. I’d suggest writing to your MP like some of us have done.

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Interesting thought. I'm not sure if they have a different level of access to the information or not. I can imagine that in our current situation that an immigration lawyer would see the injustice in it and send some stern letters to someone in charge saying that we have the right to know the status of our application and know the reasons behind not meeting criteria. It isn't ethical or legal for them to be withholding this information from us with no explanation.
I used a lawyer initially and they won’t help either. They just submit a web form like we can do

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No. Lawyers have no special access or influence.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
What was the dated version of your first Schedule A? The packet says mine is IMM 5669 (11-2018) E at the bottom, I want to see if mine is bad as well.
The first one I submitted said IMM 5669 (11-2018) E at the bottom, same as yours. This is the one my PR checklist linked to directly, so I assumed it was correct. The letter I received (via email) said that I was "Missing information for the following time period 2009/10 to the present." And made it seem like I had not filled out any educational, address, or employment history for the past 10 years (October 2009 - October 2019. I know I didn't skip entire sections or leave gaps in any timelines, but I double-checked, and then went searching online for what they actually needed. It was then that I could only assume they wanted the updated form. I have not heard anything back since resubmitting that on March 5th.

I resubmitted IMM 5669 (06-2019) E. It is a slightly different format, but requires all the same info.

You may have to resubmit, but I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. It took IRCC 2.5 months after AOR to ask me for a new one. And that was before COVID-19. Don't do anything unless they request it.

Last edited:
Reactions: b4evergrace

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I've been told it's just based on your 12 month completion date. So in other words, it's just a superficial countdown not based on reality just there to make us feel like there's some sort of progress haha It hasn't changed because I'm sure they don't update the online accounts in real time...and with the covid situation...I imagine they don't update it regularly.
Yes, it's just a generic countdown based on your application received date. I also read in another thread that after you've reached the 12-month mark and your applications are still pending, it no longer changes and no updates or revised completion dates are provided.

• Wow

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
The first one I submitted said IMM (11-2018) E at the bottom, same as yours. This is the one my PR checklist linked to directly, so I assumed it was correct. The letter I received (via email) said that I was "Missing information for the following time period 2009/10 to the present." And made it seem like I had not filled out any educational, address, or employment history for the past 10 years (October 2009 - October 2019. I know I didn't skip entire sections or leave gaps in any timelines, but I double-checked, and then went searching online for what they actually needed. It was then that I could only assume they wanted the updated form. I have not heard anything back since resubmitting that on March 5th.

I resubmitted IMM 5669 (06-2019) E. It is a slightly different format, but requires all the same info.

You may have to resubmit, but I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. It took IRCC 2.5 months after AOR to ask me for a new one. And that was before COVID-19. Don't do anything unless they request it.
What the heck, weird, we too submitted the (11-2018) one when we originally filed in November so fingers crossed they don't ask for a different one. Another strange occurrence where you correctly filled out the form and they send a request back to you saying you missed sections?! What the heck is going on with these people?!

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
What the heck, weird, we too submitted the (11-2018) one when we originally filed in November so fingers crossed they don't ask for a different one. Another strange occurrence where you correctly filled out the form and they send a request back to you saying you missed sections?! What the heck is going on with these people?!
EXACTLY. No explicit explanation as to what was missing or wrong with my original paperwork; just the vague sentence that I was missing information from the last 10 years. I wasn't just going to resubmit the (11-2018) version, even though it was complete and what they wanted, that's why I went hunting and found the (06-2019) version.

In my profession we're constantly updating and revising materials such as this, and if something that is the same piece has a more recent date, it trumps any previous versions. Thus my reasoning for going with the (06-2019) version.

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
The percentage is still going up, I think it’s around 74% now? But I’m pretty sure it’s just a countdown to your deadline, not related to the amount of work IRCC has put into your file.