Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
10-11-2014
Thanks Leon. mine is not a skilled job. its front desk sales position. But I found that baker is a skilled job from the link which I could not post here. (NOC 6252)
so, the worst at this moment for me is (if baker is a skilled job) I can try to switch my position from front store sales position to baker in Tims. Am I right?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you fill other requirements to be considered a baker, I suppose it could work.

ppon

Aug 30, 2011
Dear All,

Please read following links below.

cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/index.asp
cic.gc.ca/english/work/arriving.asp
cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp

Your spouse working in Canada
However, your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible to apply for an “open” work permit that will allow her or him to accept any job with any employer if:
You are authorized to work in Canada for six months or longer and the work you are doing while you live in Canada meets a minimum skill level (usually work that would require at least a college diploma). Specifically, your job must be listed in Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.

Note: If you are the holder of a Post-Graduation Work Permit, which is a type of open work permit, your spouse will need to attach a copy of your work permit to his or her application for an open work permit. Your spouse will also need to provide information about your employment by attaching supporting documents, including:

A letter from your current employer confirming employment or a copy of your employment offer or contract; AND
A copy of one of your pay slips.
Or

Lindarenifer

Jan 16, 2012
Lindarenifer said:
Thank you Leon for you reply. Could you please say when we can apply for that and the docs needed?

To be eligible for an Open Work Permit, the spouse or common-law partner of a foreign student cannot themselves be full-time students and must demonstrate that:

* the foreign student is studying full-time at a diploma/degree-granting, publicly-funded post-secondary educational facility; or

* the foreign student has graduated and is the holder of a valid work permit for a job related to his/her studies.

This was given in the Canadian Immigration Essays by Canadian Immigration Lawyer David Cohen. So should i wait until my program gets over to apply?

Hi can anyone reply to this..I am waiting for such a long time.... :(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lindarenifer said:
Hi can anyone reply to this..I am waiting for such a long time.... :(
Isn't it obvious? There is an OR between the two criteria so if you fulfil one of them you can apply. That is if:

* the foreign student is studying full-time at a diploma/degree-granting, publicly-funded post-secondary educational facility

is TRUE, then you can apply now

For other info, refer to my reply on January 16th.

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
i am a spouse of a canadian PGworkpermit holder. i applied 2 times before when my wife wAS ON study permit and got rejected. now i want to reapply. my wife is now working in a subway store on full time with 10.25 dollar per hour. but the job will not com under OAB category. can i apply for open work permit in this condition. please advise me

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobbyputhenveettil said:
i am a spouse of a canadian PGworkpermit holder. i applied 2 times before when my wife wAS ON study permit and got rejected. now i want to reapply. my wife is now working in a subway store on full time with 10.25 dollar per hour. but the job will not com under OAB category. can i apply for open work permit in this condition. please advise me
If you were rejected while your wife was on study permit, you were probably rejected due to risk of overstay and those issues will likely not have resolved themselves since you applied the last time. If your wife is working a low skilled job, you do not qualify for a spousal work permit anyway.

If your wife wants to immigrate, she should be careful about making sure she has a way to do that. Some provinces allow semi-skilled workers in certain fields to apply under PNP. She needs to find out if that is the case in her province and that her employer will support her application. Otherwise, it is possible that the province allows a graduate to apply under PNP with a low skilled job and a certain number of hours. If she can not apply to immigrate under the PNP in her province with her current job, then she is wasting her time at Subway and should look for a better job asap.

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello! I have a quick question.. I am asking for a friend..

He was a full time student and is graduating soon so will apply for the post graduate work permit. His wife has been working here while he has been studying. She wants to continue working while they wait for his post graduate work permit and her work permit that (will hopefully) come with that as she will be listed as a dependant. Is she able to continue working at her job while they wait for the decision about his post graduate work permit? I would assume that she could continue to work under implied status.

I read your post and it seemed quite similar to this situation. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

lalitsharma

Dec 21, 2017
I am on Post Grad work permit and getting married soon.
Is it possible to apply for open work permit for my spouse after marriage? If not, what is the easiest way to do that?

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
I am on Post Grad work permit and getting married soon.
Is it possible to apply for open work permit for my spouse after marriage? If not, what is the easiest way to do that?
Hi,
If you have a Full-time job (noc 0,A,B) with pay slips then you can apply for her OWP showing your recent job status. If you don't have yet you can apply TRV for her. If she is in your home country show country tie and enough money to visit canada then hopefully she will get the TRV approval

Sonia D

Feb 17, 2018
Hi,
I am postgraduate student and an international student from India. I arrived to canada by getting student visa. It has been one year. My study is still continuing. And I am going to apply for open spouse work permit. As i went to India in this January I got married. So, I want some advice that is there any chance of rejection of open spouse work permit of my husband.
I will await for your reply

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am postgraduate student and an international student from India. I arrived to canada by getting student visa. It has been one year. My study is still continuing. And I am going to apply for open spouse work permit. As i went to India in this January I got married. So, I want some advice that is there any chance of rejection of open spouse work permit of my husband.
I will await for your reply

Thanks
Yes - there's certainly a chance of rejection. You spouse will need to demonstrate strong ties to their home country to be approved.

Sonia D

Feb 17, 2018
Yes - there's certainly a chance of rejection. You spouse will need to demonstrate strong ties to their home country to be approved.
He did all the documents ready for the file processing.
Also shown his property documents and bank balance related statements.

lalitsharma

Dec 21, 2017
I applied for her TRV but it got rejected. What is the best way for her to get visa/open work permit??
In my view, we have 2 options as follows:
  • I would apply for PR(I am eligible for Canadian experience class right now) and then get married and apply Open work permit for her after that.
  • Don’t apply for PR yet, get married and apply for her work permit based on PGWP.
Please help me with this. I want to take the best feasible road now.

Hi,
If you have a Full-time job (noc 0,A,B) with pay slips then you can apply for her OWP showing your recent job status. If you don't have yet you can apply TRV for her. If she is in your home country show country tie and enough money to visit canada then hopefully she will get the TRV approval
applied for

Sonia D

Feb 17, 2018
Hi,
I have applied for SOWP on may 8th,2018. My husband is in India.
Its been 2 months of applyong