+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit for Spouse Under Post Grad Work Permit

Naushad

Sep 23, 2011
tindiazqureshi said:
Hello! I'm new to this forum and hopefully, someone could help me regarding my situation. I applied my post grad work permit on June 1, 2011 and I include my husband as my dependent so he could get again an open work permit. To my surprise, his work permit got refused. My friend applied on January, 2011 and all his dependents got an open work permit. Is there any changes in immigration rule? Don't they give an open work permit for spouse under post grad work permit anymore? Any reply is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Hi Tindiaz,
I am new to this forum and I have read all your post n found that my case is same as yours. Kindly provide me some assistance regarding what to do next. waiting for your reply. thanks

T

tindiazqureshi

Naushad said:
Hi Tindiaz,
I am new to this forum and I have read all your post n found that my case is same as yours. Kindly provide me some assistance regarding what to do next. waiting for your reply. thanks
Hi naushad,

Were you the student? May I know in which province you are now? And when did you got the refusal letter? Just tell me a bit of your story. Thanks.

Naushad

Sep 23, 2011
Hi Tiandiaz,
Thanks for your reply.
I came to Canada in Sept 2010 on a visitor visa & at that time my wife was a student in Toronto . I got an open WP. On June 26, 2011 me n my wife applied for the WP and she got open PGWP last week but my application was rejected. CIC gave me a reason that spouse of a PGWP holder is not eligible to get WP unless and until I provide LMO. My temporary resident status expired on 31 july and CIC asked me to apply for the restoration of visitor status and there is no guarantee for the acceptance of the application. My wife job comes under NOC Code "B" but CIC want an LMO for me or my wife. I am currently in Regina and my wife completed 4 months in her job an after 2 months she will apply for our SINP.
I think u wil get a clear picture from my above information.
Kindly share your opinion.
Thank u in advance.

T

tindiazqureshi

Naushad said:
Hi Tiandiaz,
Thanks for your reply.
I came to Canada in Sept 2010 on a visitor visa & at that time my wife was a student in Toronto . I got an open WP. On June 26, 2011 me n my wife applied for the WP and she got open PGWP last week but my application was rejected. CIC gave me a reason that spouse of a PGWP holder is not eligible to get WP unless and until I provide LMO. My temporary resident status expired on 31 july and CIC asked me to apply for the restoration of visitor status and there is no guarantee for the acceptance of the application. My wife job comes under NOC Code "B" but CIC want an LMO for me or my wife. I am currently in Regina and my wife completed 4 months in her job an after 2 months she will apply for our SINP.
I think u wil get a clear picture from my above information.
Kindly share your opinion.
Thank u in advance.
We are exactly in the same position. My husband work permit got refused and now he is out of status. His visa got expired last july 31. We are also in Saskatchewan but in saskatoon. I'm applying my SINP on November (Insha-Allah). His company is now processing his LMO but i doubt that it will be positive since it is in retail industry (regular staff). If LMO becomes positive and result will come before the 90days period, it will be a good relief because he can apply for restoration of status work permit. Otherwise, we are now preparing for his application for restoration of status visitor because I believe there is no way. If you don't mind, can you send me your email address? We can communicate through email. Thanks.

Naushad

Sep 23, 2011
Thank you for sharing your views.

you can mail me on mail2asu@gmail.com, plz send me a confirmation email first.

Regards,
Naushad

T

tindiazqureshi

Naushad said:
Thank you for sharing your views.

you can mail me on mail2asu @ gmail.com, plz send me a confirmation email first.

Regards,
Naushad
hi, did you receive my email?

ppon

Aug 30, 2011
I finally received open work permit for my partner as a spouse of PGWP holder today!
Guys, you are eligible!! Do not give up!!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ppon said:
I finally received open work permit for my partner as a spouse of PGWP holder today!
Hi,

May I know if it's a first OWP under PGWP or a second one after first OWP under a spouse study permit?

And, is there anything like 'Restoration of Status' in your case?

amarecharla

Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
ppon said:
Hi Brother,
Congrats on getting the OWP.
My wife and myself are coming to Regina on 28th December. She is doing her Masters at UoR.
I am coming there on a TRV.
Can you tell me the process to convert the TRV to OWP??

Thanks a lot!!
Regards,
Abhi.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amarecharla said:
My wife and myself are coming to Regina on 28th December. She is doing her Masters at UoR.
I am coming there on a TRV.
Can you tell me the process to convert the TRV to OWP??
You can try applying as you enter Canada. They are only supposed to do it if you are visa exempt but sometimes they do it for other people too. Just make sure you bring your $150 for your work permit, that is if they are willing to do it. If not, you can apply online, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

kokice

Dec 15, 2011
Hi Leon
I'm going to apply for a study permit in the next few months and my partner is coming with me. My question is: does he need to apply only for Visitor visa from his homeland? When is he eligible to apply for an open work permit-after we enter Canada and they give me the study permit?

Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kokice said:
Hi Leon
I'm going to apply for a study permit in the next few months and my partner is coming with me. My question is: does he need to apply only for Visitor visa from his homeland? When is he eligible to apply for an open work permit-after we enter Canada and they give me the study permit?

Thank you
He can apply for the open work permit at the same time you apply for your study permit if he wants to.

kokice

Dec 15, 2011
Leon said:
He can apply for the open work permit at the same time you apply for your study permit if he wants to.
Basically he only need to apply for temporary visitor visa before we go to Canada and for open work permit he can apply before or after we enter Canada, right? I'm curious are the chances of getting OWP for my partner bigger if he applies after entering Canada or is it better to apply from his homeland before entering Canada?

Thank you