+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw - October 27, 2021

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi!
In EE, i have updated Hyderabad as my current working location ( same as in offer letter), however due to mistake from HR side, Delhi is updated as my place of work in office records( same is mentioned in reference letter, payslips) .

But im neither working from Hyderabad or delhi due to wfh!!!

Anyway, Now my ques is, what should i select my base location in OINP application form so that it wouldn't cause any problem due to data not being in sync?
No worries. Keep it in sync with the official docs.

Reactions: diyaaa

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi Senior members, Please help with below concern.
I have bachelors and masters
First, I evaluated both from WES
Wes evaluation : - Bachelors and 2 year Post graduate Diploma
Then I evaluated only my masters from IQAS
IQAS evaluation : - 1 year Masters Degree equivalency

I am claiming points for masters
I have shown both bachelor and masters education in EE profile.
Now for bachelors evaluation I have entered WES reference number and will be uploading WES evaluation
For Masters evaluation, i have entered IQAS reference number and will be uploading IQAS evaluation

While checking WES he will see that for same program i have 2 year Post graduate diploma and in IQAS same program is masters? Please suggest is this is an issue ?
You can proceed with the highest degree and respective ECA only.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi!
While waiting for final nomination, can I now book for medical exams to save time?

Below is quoted from the website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

"If you and your dependants are outside of Canada
Don’t get your medical exam as soon as you get your invitation to apply.

We will send you a form telling you when and how to get a medical exam.

When you apply online, you must submit a letter of explanation in your document checklist instead of your immigration medical exam (IME). In the letter, you must indicate that the primary applicant or the accompanying dependants of the primary applicant are outside Canada.

If you have undergone a medical exam as part of an application in another category and/or if you have completed an IME in the 12 months before you apply, you can submit a copy of the information printout sheet or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form in your application.

An IRCC officer may still require a new IME."

From my understanding, if I have completed an IME in the 12 months before I apply, I can submit the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report. Even though, an IRCC officer may still require a new IME. So can I go ahead and book an appointment now?

Anyone has done this before?
Not advisable at this moment. After nomination or ITA is recommended.

Also, after the ITA you will have 60 days to submit the docs. You can get it done that moment as it hardly takes 2-4 hours for a medical.

sur

Oct 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
October 27, 2021
Tech draw: Issuance of notifications of interest by targeted occupations under Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream
On October 27, 2021, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.

You may apply to the HCP stream if you:

• received a notification of interest on October 27, 2021
  • can demonstrate that your work experience was in one of the eligible National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes listed below
If you received a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.

You may be required to submit an Educational Credential Assessment to demonstrate that you have the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor's degree or higher. Make sure that you provide a copy of your Educational Credential Assessment report and that you authorize the assessment organization to share the results of your Educational Credential Assessment with the OINP. The OINP targeted candidates with a comprehensive ranking system score between 455 and 467 and work experience in the following NOC codes:

• 0213 Computer and information systems managers
  • 2147 Computer engineers
  • 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
  • 2173 Software engineers and designers
  • 2174 Computer programmer and interactive media developers
  • 2175 Web designers and developers
Your application may be refused if you don’t demonstrate work experience in one of the eligible NOC codes.
So those with score higher than 467 don't qualify? What stream they should choose then?

Just wondering why is there this upper limit.

Last edited:

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
So those with score higher than 467 don't qualify? What stream they should choose then?

Just wondering why is there this upper limit.
Ontario has been using the latest (almost 1-yr old lol) FSW cutoff as the upper limit of HCP NOIs, so that nominated candidates are highly likely to accept instead of choosing FSW. This helps Ontario control their yield rate. A sensible strategy in normal times.
I guess nobody, other than the (former) federal immigration officials under Mendicino, was anticipating FSW draws to pause for this long.

Reactions: sur

Zenten

May 18, 2020
Hello everyone, I have a question on the first and last payment that I need clarification on. If I am still on the same role at the time I intend to submit, do I submit 1st payment and the current month payment? Or do I submit the first payment only?
Thanks.

diyaaa

Apr 18, 2019
Hello everyone, I have a question on the first and last payment that I need clarification on. If I am still on the same role at the time I intend to submit, do I submit 1st payment and the current month payment? Or do I submit the first payment only?
Thanks.
I would suggest you to provide the latest payslip as well

maychicago

Dec 4, 2021
Hi I received NOI on tech draw of 27th Oct 2021.

I was living in the US but I moved to India in 2021. My bank account is still active in the US. Although I can access my bank statements through online banking, the bank is denying to provide a bank latter stating Name, Account Number, Date when the account was opened and funds available.

They want to verify my identity through physical visit and mentioned that they will not send the bank letter on email, they would only give the bank letter to the account holder (me) in person.

What should I do? My bank is Wells Fargo.
Send Wells Fargo a fax requesting what you want. Number is 8448790544. I did the same and got a response within 2 days.

gg271990

Dec 6, 2021
Has anyone on this forum received any update on the OINP site. I submitted my application on 19th November and still it shows the status as submitted. I heard that OINP now takes 90+ days to provide the approval, is it true ?