+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Am reappearing for my IELTS to get back the 0.5 band in writing (stay at CLB 8). Please let me know, if my situation remains same like I could not improve the score again. What will be Ontario's decision? I had valid IELTS while I submitted application but my CRS has become low after that. Will they consider OINP nomination or ask new results to match old score of CLB 9 ?

Thanks
Hi Sussie,

I finally found an article matching your situation.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-nomination-and-ielt-about-to-expire.642444/

So, post NOI it only matters to get IELTS score to keep your profile active. I believe you have already scored above it. I am almost sure, however as this is related to your application, i would recommend emailing Ontario immigration

Good luck with application.

PoPY

Mar 21, 2021
Please clarify what is your total experience, and NOC for each job in the past 5 years. You have to match the duties in your reference letter of jobs for at least 1 year in the past 5 years.
Thank you for your response.

My primary NOC is 3012 which was 8 years back (worked for 24 months) then after that i worked in medical field till now. I have mentioned the NOC 1252 from 2016 onwards. When i check with consultancy, they said it is 3012. Can I change my NOC1252 to 3012 from 2016 onwards?

Note: I received NOI for 3012 which is my primary NOC.

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Thank you for your response.

My primary NOC is 3012 which was 8 years back (worked for 24 months) then after that, I worked in the medical field till now. I have mentioned the NOC 1252 from 2016 onwards. When I check with the consultancy, they said it is 3012. Can I change my NOC1252 to 3012 from 2016 onwards?

Note: I received NOI for 3012 which is my primary NOC.
It seems that as per your work, you have worked since 2016 in NOC 1252. I am wondering how the express entry profile will allow 3012 as primary NOC as it is not the major portion of your total work experience. Next, if you have your job roles that match both NOC 1252 and 3012, get a reference letter with appropriate duties explained from your company for the NOC which OINP invited now (in your case 3012).

Thanks,

PoPY

Mar 21, 2021
It seems that as per your work, you have worked since 2016 in NOC 1252. I am wondering how the express entry profile will allow 3012 as primary NOC as it is not the major portion of your total work experience. Next, if you have your job roles that match both NOC 1252 and 3012, get a reference letter with appropriate duties explained from your company for the NOC which OINP invited now (in your case 3012).

Thanks,

Ok. This is what I wanted to know. Thank you.

Will changing the secondary NOC to 3012 create any issues to the NOI?

I have heard that after changing the NOC, the NOI becomes void.

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Ok. This is what I wanted to know. Thank you.

Will changing the secondary NOC to 3012 create any issues to the NOI?

I have heard that after changing the NOC, the NOI becomes void.
Sorry, I still don't get it.

You said 8 years of experience. 2 years of 3012 NOC, from 2016 NOC 1252 (you have updated so in EE profile). In that case how your primary NOC will be 3012? and how OINP NOI given for 3012?

You cannot change NOC in your profile, but if you can change roles/responsibilities if it partially suits NOC 3012, you can get it.
If you need to change NOC in your profile then at least 1 year of experience should be in NOC 3012 in the past 5 years.

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hi Sussie,

I finally found an article matching your situation.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-nomination-and-ielt-about-to-expire.642444/

So, post NOI it only matters to get IELTS score to keep your profile active. I believe you have already scored above it. I am almost sure, however as this is related to your application, i would recommend emailing Ontario immigration

Good luck with application.
Thanks for the confirmation. I have already mentioned in LoE, stating I will keep my EE profile active with a new IELTS result, in case if OINP asks new IELTS TRF, Is it okay to submit the current IELTS score (which is reduced by 0.5 from the one I submitted at the time of application)? (its CLB 10, 9 in other sections, CLB8 in writing) which is above OINP requirement of CLB7 right?

PoPY

Mar 21, 2021
Sorry, I still don't get it.

You said 8 years of experience. 2 years of 3012 NOC, from 2016 NOC 1252 (you have updated so in EE profile). In that case how your primary NOC will be 3012? and how OINP NOI given for 3012?

You cannot change NOC in your profile, but if you can change roles/responsibilities if it partially suits NOC 3012, you can get it.
If you need to change NOC in your profile then at least 1 year of experience should be in NOC 3012 in the past 5 years.
OK. Thank you

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Thanks for the confirmation. I have already mentioned in LoE, stating I will keep my EE profile active with a new IELTS result, in case if OINP asks new IELTS TRF, Is it okay to submit the current IELTS score (which is reduced by 0.5 from the one I submitted at the time of application)? (its CLB 10, 9 in other sections, CLB8 in writing) which is above OINP requirement of CLB7 right?
Yes, CLB 7 is OINP requirement. And you have submitted application before the expiry date. And now you may have scored less, however you have CLB 7 as per OINP requirment and a valid express entry profile as per OINP requirement.

Based on other threads, OINP will ask for new TRF. So, I would recommend sending it to them right away so that you won't have any ADR. And explain your situation in that email.

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Yes, CLB 7 is OINP requirement. And you have submitted application before the expiry date. And now you may have scored less, however you have CLB 7 as per OINP requirment and a valid express entry profile as per OINP requirement.

Based on other threads, OINP will ask for new TRF. So, I would recommend sending it to them right away so that you won't have any ADR. And explain your situation in that email.
Thank you

Jun 16, 2019
Hi, submitted my application in the Ontario portal last Mar 3. Until now status is still on Submitted. How long before they change this to the next status? Has anyone have updates on their submitted application?

dsid

Feb 19, 2021
Dubai
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi, submitted my application in the Ontario portal last Mar 3. Until now status is still on Submitted. How long before they change this to the next status? Has anyone have updates on their submitted application?
I submitted my application on the 2nd of March and it still says “Submitted”. It will take some time for it to change cause those people who received NOIs on Dec-15th 2020 are just now seeing their applications move to different stages....I guess we just have to wait a while unfortunately