+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

Mkhusro89

Feb 17, 2021
Hey guys, had a question regarding uploading documents for Employment Reference Letters. I have job history with 3 employers. Do we need to upload Employment Letters from all employers as separate documents? Or all letters should be combined in a single document and then uploaded?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hey guys, had a question regarding uploading documents for Employment Reference Letters. I have job history with 3 employers. Do we need to upload Employment Letters from all employers as separate documents? Or all letters should be combined in a single document and then uploaded?
Reference letters and payslips should be uploaded as seperate documents for each job. When you upload a file, the portal will ask you for the type of document. You can upload any number of documents.

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey All... Hope everyone is almost done with documentation! I wanted to know that do we need to upload separate transcripts if we already have WES ?

For now I have only uploaded the ECA provided by WES in education document section. Is it enough or do I need to order a personal copy of transcripts from university and scan ad upload as transcripts?

Just have 15 days left and suddenly this striked me.. Please let me know what you guyz have done..

Reactions: parminder2021

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hey All... Hope everyone is almost done with documentation! I wanted to know that do we need to upload separate transcripts if we already have WES ?

For now I have only uploaded the ECA provided by WES in education document section. Is it enough or do I need to order a personal copy of transcripts from university and scan ad upload as transcripts?

Just have 15 days left and suddenly this striked me.. Please let me know what you guyz have done..
Below is from the document checklist link. They mention only about ECA. It is important that you pay $40 and share duplicate copy with oinp. This thread already has a link on how to do that.

Foreign degree
If you have a degree from another country, you need to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from an organization approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

The Educational Credential Assessment report must:

• state your foreign credential is the equivalent of a Canadian bachelor’s degree or higher
  • be no more than five years old on the date you submit your application
You must also authorize the organization to share the results of your ECA with the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (not IRCC).

zoeyy

Mar 16, 2021
Hi guys,
I got EOI under Tech draw but will need some help in filling my form with important information;

1) I worked as a Software Engineer from January 10th 2016 - December 30th 2019, which I assume is 3years(2173). Was unemployed due to Covid-19 within January - June 2020, but I was working for my previous company on contract basis and got a new Job January 2021 as a Data Analyst (2172). Please do I need to get references for both my current job and the contract job I did 2020.

2) Also Concerning passport; I have 2 passports, Do I scan all the pages of both new and old passports?

3) Other Activities: What am I suppose to have here

4)Intention to reside in Ontario: I do not have ties in Ontario, where do I upload my intention to reside letter

Thank you for your help, I just found about this forum.

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
2) Also Concerning passport; I have 2 passports, Do I scan all the pages of both new and old passports?
I have 2 passports. 1 expired and 1 new.
What I did is I scanned all stamped pages and pages with visas from both old and new passport. Combines them into 1 PDF with new passport on top.
[I have applied for other Canadian documents in past like work permit and TRV with this approach and saw no issues.]

and why all pages? the OINP says "Provide a copy of the personal details page of your passport and all pages that contain Canadian visas and entry stamps. " ... so I am a bit confused and in doubt myself now..

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsamcan

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
3) Other Activities: What am I suppose to have here
Basically, the thumb rule I followed was any gap in employment or between education and employment in last 10 years, I mentioned here.
This included personal trips/travel and unemployment periods (I waited 4 months for my joining letter after college.)

Last edited:

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
4)Intention to reside in Ontario: I do not have ties in Ontario, where do I upload my intention to reside letter
In "your required documents" section.. scroll down and u will find "Intention to Reside in Ontario (optional) " here when u click on upload u have an option to choose "statement of Intent to reside in Ontario".

This thread has previous discussions on letter of intent.. so you could just go through it and see..

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsamcan and zoeyy

zoeyy

Mar 16, 2021
I have 2 passports. 1 expired and 1 new.
What I did is I scanned all stamped pages and pages with visas from both old and new passport. Combines them into 1 PDF with new passport on top.
[I have applied for other Canadian documents in past like work permit and TRV with this approach and saw no issues.]

and why all pages? the OINP says "Provide a copy of the personal details page of your passport and all pages that contain Canadian visas and entry stamps. " ... so I am a bit confused and in doubt myself now..
Hi! Thank you for your response. I wasn't sure which to do but did that to be on the safe route.

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey All...

could any of you confirm if you have uploaded ALL pages of passport or pages only with stamps or visas...?
My all pages are exceeding size limit...

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hey All...

could any of you confirm if you have uploaded ALL pages of passport or pages only with stamps or visas...?
My all pages are exceeding size limit...
One of the applicants reached out to OINP and got written email communication that they need personal page and all pages that contain Canadian visas and entry stamps only.

Also, Adobe offers online compression tool for free to compress pdf files. The size gets reduced and quality remains same for naked eye.

cyborg009

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi guys!!! new member here... I am in the process of collecting the docs.. I am a bit confused while preparing my resume. My NOC is 2173 I have some queries
1. How to establish the connection between the NOC roles and responsibilities and that of the work done by us

for example :- Developed the app for XYZ (Sentence on my Indian Resume)
we used to follow the SDLC so Do i explicitly need to mention that I used to get the requirements from the system's team and then rest of the stuffs?

2. If the answer is affirmative in previous case then do i need to mention it for every code that I have developed?

TIA.

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
Hi guys!!! new member here... I am in the process of collecting the docs.. I am a bit confused while preparing my resume. My NOC is 2173 I have some queries
1. How to establish the connection between the NOC roles and responsibilities and that of the work done by us

for example :- Developed the app for XYZ (Sentence on my Indian Resume)
we used to follow the SDLC so Do i explicitly need to mention that I used to get the requirements from the system's team and then rest of the stuffs?

2. If the answer is affirmative in previous case then do i need to mention it for every code that I have developed?

TIA.

I made a new resume for OINP and copied all the responsibilities mentioned in the experience letter, and obviously all responsibilities in my experience letter match my NOC 2175. So you can also do the same.