+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi, can you guys please take some time to go over my concern mentioned in this thread related to Tech Draw of Feb 16th, 2021.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-ielts-expired-before-submitting-application.725487

Hi guys, I wrote this email to "Ontario Nominee (MLTSD)" <ontarionominee@ontario.ca>;

Hi team,

I am writing to inform you about the situation regarding my language proficiency test.

To elaborate more, I received NOI on 16th Feb 2021 when my Express Entry profile's (E00XXXXXX) score was 458. However, due to a number of reasons I was unable to submit the application until 30th March, and IELTS getting expired was one of them. Nevertheless, I took the IELTS on Mar 20th, and with its result, I submitted the application. Since the CRS score was 411 at the time of submitting the application, I retook the IELTS on 27th Mar and received its online result yesterday i.e. 31st Mar. Even though my CRS score would become 452 using this result, and each module is CLB 9 and above, which is more than the required CLB 7 by the OINP, still I was not satisfied with it and applied for the EOR right away. Consequently, I will have to wait for up to 3 weeks in order to get the results. I will update you accordingly.

Please find the attached emails. One I sent to initiate the EOR and the second is its confirmation with the payment receipt from the British Council (UAE).

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

The application file number is: XXXX-2XXXXX
Full Name: XX XX XX
Email: email@gmail.com
Contact #: +RRR SS EEE XXXX

Please tell me, now I have my CRS score raised to 452 which is still less than the 453-467 cut-off range. I have applied for EOR, but do I need to keep it between 453 to 467 for OINP?

My IELTS(8.5 8.0 7.5 7.5) expired on 3rd March, I took the new test on 20th March (8.5 9.0 6.5 7.5), my CRS became 411.
I submitted the application to OINP using this result.

I resat in the IELTS on 27th March, got results(online) on 31st March(9.0 8.5 7.0 7.0). I applied for EOR on the same day.
Today, 1st April, I wrote the aforementioned email to them. Please guide! do I need to keep my profile's score between 453-467?
If not then, once OINP processes the application and, hopefully, I will receive the nomination, and before submitting the ITA application, will I need to maintain my old score of 458(on which I receive the NOI)? or 452 + 600 will be fine?

Please guide.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hi, can you guys please take some time to go over my concern mentioned in this thread related to Tech Draw of Feb 16th, 2021.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-ielts-expired-before-submitting-application.725487

Hi guys, I wrote this email to "Ontario Nominee (MLTSD)" <ontarionominee@ontario.ca>;

Hi team,

I am writing to inform you about the situation regarding my language proficiency test.

To elaborate more, I received NOI on 16th Feb 2021 when my Express Entry profile's (E00XXXXXX) score was 458. However, due to a number of reasons I was unable to submit the application until 30th March, and IELTS getting expired was one of them. Nevertheless, I took the IELTS on Mar 20th, and with its result, I submitted the application. Since the CRS score was 411 at the time of submitting the application, I retook the IELTS on 27th Mar and received its online result yesterday i.e. 31st Mar. Even though my CRS score would become 452 using this result, and each module is CLB 9 and above, which is more than the required CLB 7 by the OINP, still I was not satisfied with it and applied for the EOR right away. Consequently, I will have to wait for up to 3 weeks in order to get the results. I will update you accordingly.

Please find the attached emails. One I sent to initiate the EOR and the second is its confirmation with the payment receipt from the British Council (UAE).

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

The application file number is: XXXX-2XXXXX
Full Name: XX XX XX
Email: email@gmail.com
Contact #: +RRR SS EEE XXXX

Please tell me, now I have my CRS score raised to 452 which is still less than the 453-467 cut-off range. I have applied for EOR, but do I need to keep it between 453 to 467 for OINP?

My IELTS(8.5 8.0 7.5 7.5) expired on 3rd March, I took the new test on 20th March (8.5 9.0 6.5 7.5), my CRS became 411.
I submitted the application to OINP using this result.

I resat in the IELTS on 27th March, got results(online) on 31st March(9.0 8.5 7.0 7.0). I applied for EOR on the same day.
Today, 1st April, I wrote the aforementioned email to them. Please guide! do I need to keep my profile's score between 453-467?
If not then, once OINP processes the application and, hopefully, I will receive the nomination, and before submitting the ITA application, will I need to maintain my old score of 458(on which I receive the NOI)? or 452 + 600 will be fine?

Please guide.
You should be fine since your IELTS score was valid when you received NOI and you submitted the application with valid a valid test result. I have seen applicants who lost points due to age right after receiving NOI and fell out of the CRS score range for that particular draw but were nominated anyway.

Reactions: m_faisal

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
You should be fine since your IELTS score was valid when you received NOI and you submitted the application with valid a valid test result. I have seen applicants who lost points due to age right after receiving NOI and fell out of the CRS score range for that particular draw but were nominated anyway.
Thank you so much for getting back to me. So, finally, I can take a sigh of relief. And also, their response will tell me more.

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
You are right, As per IRCC if internship is part of your education and you are full time student at that time it would not qualify for any points.

As removing it is NOT affecting your CRS score, remove it. Why complicate things?

Also, as per oinp you need experience in NOC for a year in last 5 years, you already have that. So, leave mentioning about internship anywhere.

You can mention about it when you actually search job in your resume.

So to answer your question, take reference letter only for full time period of the work as you also have to submit pay stubs for that duration (first and last)

My two cents

Thank you so much @mrsamcan. Just submitted my OINP profile yesterday.

Another question : In work history sections, either in OINP or EE profiles, when they ask for Location as in Country, Sate, City, what are we supposed to fill ? Is this the place where work happened, if so, what if it happened in multiple locations for certain periods of time ?

To avoid confusion, I just mentioned the place where my companies were basically head quartered in, as in the one on their letter heads. Hope this is not an issue.

FreshLife

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Thank you so much @mrsamcan. Just submitted my OINP profile yesterday.

Another question : In work history sections, either in OINP or EE profiles, when they ask for Location as in Country, Sate, City, what are we supposed to fill ? Is this the place where work happened, if so, what if it happened in multiple locations for certain periods of time ?

To avoid confusion, I just mentioned the place where my companies were basically head quartered in, as in the one on their letter heads. Hope this is not an issue.
In one job: my locations didn't change significantly but just between two buildings in the same campus. However, interestingly both are in different cities! So, I specified it as 1 work history entry, and wrote the location which was written in my employment reference letter.

In another job: I was transferred internally from India to US (same position, same responsibility). But, given that there was a major change in location, I specified both as separate entries in work history. Although, I have attached only one reference letter for both.

Note: This is what I did based on what I felt was right. I dont know if this is how it should be. I will find out as OINP reviews my application later :)

Edit: added more details.

Last edited:

sunnyedogbo

Feb 27, 2021
Question. With the ongoing lock down in Toronto, what does that mean for the pnp process? Would that also slow things down or put it on hold once again

FreshLife

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Question. With the ongoing lock down in Toronto, what does that mean for the pnp process? Would that also slow things down or put it on hold once again
Hopefully just slow down. Looking at tracker, its taking ~4 months for people to get the nomination, so we should plan for anything around that as well.

Reactions: sunnyedogbo

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Can someone please clarify the number of days we have to -
1. Accept Nomination from OINP &
2. Accept EE ITA after accepting OINP nomination

As per this link we have 90 days : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/express-entry.html

3. Get an invitation to apply for permanent residence (once you have accepted your nomination)
To apply for permanent residence under Express Entry, you must first be invited to apply. If we invite you to apply, you will get a message in your account. You can then apply online.
You have 90 days to submit your online application for permanent residence once you are invited to apply.

BUT

As per this link we have 60 days:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

Deadline for responding to an ITA
Upon receipt of an ITA, a candidate has 60 calendar days to do one of the following:
  • Submit a complete application for permanent residence (APR) in their online account. This includes providing all supporting documentation up front.
    • Decline the ITA in their online account, if the candidate is not ready to apply within 60 calendar days of receiving the ITA or if they believe that a change in their circumstance has made them ineligible to be invited. In this case, the candidate’s profile will become “active” in the pool for the remaining days of the profile’s validity and the candidate will be considered for future rounds of invitations, as long as they continue to meet the MEC.

Thanks.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Can someone please clarify the number of days we have to -
1. Accept Nomination from OINP &
2. Accept EE ITA after accepting OINP nomination

As per this link we have 90 days : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/express-entry.html

3. Get an invitation to apply for permanent residence (once you have accepted your nomination)
To apply for permanent residence under Express Entry, you must first be invited to apply. If we invite you to apply, you will get a message in your account. You can then apply online.

You have 90 days to submit your online application for permanent residence once you are invited to apply.

BUT

As per this link we have 60 days:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

Deadline for responding to an ITA
Upon receipt of an ITA, a candidate has 60 calendar days to do one of the following:
  • Submit a complete application for permanent residence (APR) in their online account. This includes providing all supporting documentation up front.
    • Decline the ITA in their online account, if the candidate is not ready to apply within 60 calendar days of receiving the ITA or if they believe that a change in their circumstance has made them ineligible to be invited. In this case, the candidate’s profile will become “active” in the pool for the remaining days of the profile’s validity and the candidate will be considered for future rounds of invitations, as long as they continue to meet the MEC.

Thanks.
I think it's 30 days to accept the nomination and 90 days post ITA to submit a complete application. There is no accepting ITA, either you submit an application within 90 days or the ITA expires.

Reactions: techviz

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It used to be 60 days but now it's 90 days due to the pandemic. Maybe not all pages on the website are updated.

Reactions: techviz