Nouvel Espoir

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-01-2021
Thanks for this! It helps..

My understanding is, IRCC doesn't care about your liabilities or anything, they just wanna see if you have enough funds in your account. But since there is a question while submitting profile about loans/credit card dues, I don't wanna hide anything.

My loan is with HDFC and my savings/salary account is with Citibank (from which the EMI is being deducted). Since there is no loan/credit card dues from Citibank, I don't think there should be any issues in getting it in writing that there are no dues from Citibank. In this case, do I still have to upload any loan documents? Like loan sanction n all? My loan is divided into three parts: 1 Home loan and 2 home improvement loans.

The property is in my and my mother's name, she's not working so I'm paying the entire amount. It'll show her name on the loan document as well if I was to provide that. Hence this confusion.

I understand that I should do this: Declare the loan amount in the section where it asks about it and explain it in LOE. No additional documents or anything of that sort to avoid any complications or confusions for the IRCC agent.

Let me know your thoughts.

TIA!
I haven't come to the ITA part yet. So, I don't know if there are any specific requirements (categorically for the ITA process) in terms of documents for home loans. For my OINP application, I didn't submit the home loan sanction letter; just a simple signed & stamped 'outstanding balance letter' from my bank. Here's what it states:

"This is to certify that so and so has availed home loan from our branch for a/c no. XYZ. The present outstanding of the loan is so and so rupees."

Your understanding is right - IRCC doesn't really care about your liabilities, especially if it's a secured loan like your home loan. As for your mom being part of the home loan, again, I don't think IRCC would care about it. If they ask any questions at all (which I don't think they will), you can always explain it by showing records of payments going from your account only.

All the best! Hope it all goes smoothly!

Reactions: gurpreets88

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
I haven't come to the ITA part yet. So, I don't know if there are any specific requirements (categorically for the ITA process) in terms of documents for home loans. For my OINP application, I didn't submit the home loan sanction letter; just a simple signed & stamped 'outstanding balance letter' from my bank. Here's what it states:

"This is to certify that so and so has availed home loan from our branch for a/c no. XYZ. The present outstanding of the loan is so and so rupees."

Your understanding is right - IRCC doesn't really care about your liabilities, especially if it's a secured loan like your home loan. As for your mom being part of the home loan, again, I don't think IRCC would care about it. If they ask any questions at all (which I don't think they will), you can always explain it by showing records of payments going from your account only.

All the best! Hope it all goes smoothly!
Thanks! I guess I'll just add a line or two in the LOE explaining the home loan status and how I intend to repay it back. I won't attach any loan documents, just a normal balance certificate, bank statement and gift deed (I borrowed money from my aunt).

Here's hoping it'll go well!

Reactions: Nouvel Espoir

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I need your help with this one.... Made a mistake in the express entry profile creation. (Already received ITA .. so all fields are disabled now)

I have added my spouse as a dependent in the application and also have mentioned that he is accompanying and filled his details in the dependent section as well.. BUT
In the "FAMILY" section (where we also need to mention the amount of funds) -> Instead of mentioning "2" family members including me & spouse.. I mentioned only "1".... Though the proof of funds mentioned are enough for 2.

What should I do now? Can this cause PR refusal coz of incorrect data...

Last edited:

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Hello guys,
Will it be a problem if there is a minor spelling mistake in Fathers Name on India PCC ?
(Actual: xxxxxABxxxx
Printed: xxxxxBAxxxx)

My Name, Passport Number & Issued Date/Place are all correct.

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Hi All,

I need your help with this one.... Made a mistake in the express entry profile creation. (Already received ITA .. so all fields are disabled now)

I have added my spouse as a dependent in the application and also have mentioned that he is accompanying and filled his details in the dependent section as well.. BUT
In the "FAMILY" section (where we also need to mention the amount of funds) -> Instead of mentioning "2" family members including me & spouse.. I mentioned only "1".... Though the proof of funds mentioned are enough for 2.

I think you should be fine... looks more like a data entry error which is unintentional.... Maybe mentioning it in LOE should suffice.
But pls check with others who might have gone through a similar situation.

Reactions: @smp and Dilveerr

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hello guys,
Will it be a problem if there is a minor spelling mistake in Fathers Name on India PCC ?
(Actual: xxxxxABxxxx
Printed: xxxxxBAxxxx)

My Name, Passport Number & Issued Date/Place are all correct.
Hey dude, get it corrected, you have plenty of time! I would highly advise you to.

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi All,

In Continue Application -> Personal Details -> Family Section, you are unable to update it there?

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi guys, I have few questions;
  • POF
    • Is it mandatory to have the declared balance maintained for the last 6 months before submitting e-Apr? i.e. Can the average balance be lower than the declared amount, but the current amount would be higher than what is declared.
    • When I will get the bank letter and 6 months statement, can I at the same time, convert all this money to CAD and put it into a foreign currency account, and get a letter from the bank that due to exchange rate fluctuations this customer has decided to keep his money in CAD for which we issued him the letter and statements? Will the IRCC accept this?
  • IELTS
    • IELTS result of the accompanying spouse will expire shortly after submitting the e-Apr. Do we need to provide the updated IELTS TRF before submitting, or after submitting, or no need? I read somewhere that during the whole process, the IELTS of all members should stay valid?
  • OINP Nomination Certificate
    • My address changed during the OINP process, almost towards the end; 6 days before receiving the certificate. Therefore, I notified them and received the acknowledgment. Since the address is different on the certificate, I am mentioning the same in my LOE, and I have attached the screenshots of the email from the OINP as well.
  • Travelling after submitting the e-Apr
    • I found two articles on this topic here, one still doesn't have any concrete answers, while the other suggested that one can travel, but if the move is longer, then we need to inform the IRCC so that they can process Passport Stamping and other formalities from the closest Embassy/VFS offices!?
  • Unpaid last month of my first job
    • I was not paid for the last month of my first job as I did not complete the 2 monthly notice period. I mentioned this in the LOE when submitted the application to the OINP, and I am mentioning the same in the LOE for the e-Apr.
  • Reference Letter for the Current Job
    • For any reason, if my employer doesn't provide me this letter, will I need to add anything in the LOE for this? Or only the payslips would suffice?
  • Upfront Medical
    • If the accompanying spouse can't get their medical done as they are in the home country, while the principal applicant is able to get it done from the country of their residence. So only the accompanying partner needs to add an LOE stating that upfront medical could not be done?
@seadrag0n @mrsamcan @techviz
Kindly give your opinion on the above questions.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hi guys, I have few questions;
  • POF
    • Is it mandatory to have the declared balance maintained for the last 6 months before submitting e-Apr? i.e. Can the average balance be lower than the declared amount, but the current amount would be higher than what is declared.
    • When I will get the bank letter and 6 months statement, can I at the same time, convert all this money to CAD and put it into a foreign currency account, and get a letter from the bank that due to exchange rate fluctuations this customer has decided to keep his money in CAD for which we issued him the letter and statements? Will the IRCC accept this?
  • IELTS
    • IELTS result of the accompanying spouse will expire shortly after submitting the e-Apr. Do we need to provide the updated IELTS TRF before submitting, or after submitting, or no need? I read somewhere that during the whole process, the IELTS of all members should stay valid?
  • OINP Nomination Certificate
    • My address changed during the OINP process, almost towards the end; 6 days before receiving the certificate. Therefore, I notified them and received the acknowledgment. Since the address is different on the certificate, I am mentioning the same in my LOE, and I have attached the screenshots of the email from the OINP as well.
  • Travelling after submitting the e-Apr
    • I found two articles on this topic here, one still doesn't have any concrete answers, while the other suggested that one can travel, but if the move is longer, then we need to inform the IRCC so that they can process Passport Stamping and other formalities from the closest Embassy/VFS offices!?
  • Unpaid last month of my first job
    • I was not paid for the last month of my first job as I did not complete the 2 monthly notice period. I mentioned this in the LOE when submitted the application to the OINP, and I am mentioning the same in the LOE for the e-Apr.
  • Reference Letter for the Current Job
    • For any reason, if my employer doesn't provide me this letter, will I need to add anything in the LOE for this? Or only the payslips would suffice?
  • Upfront Medical
    • If the accompanying spouse can't get their medical done as they are in the home country, while the principal applicant is able to get it done from the country of their residence. So only the accompanying partner needs to add an LOE stating that upfront medical could not be done?
@seadrag0n @mrsamcan @techviz
Kindly give your opinion on the above questions.
  • Average balance cannot be lower. The idea behind providing 6 months statement is if your bank doesn't mention six months average balance in the letter (most of them don't) and if there are large deposits within the 6 months period which are part of your POF, then you need to explain where the money came from. Don't do any conversions, provide all documents in your local currency only. VO will decide how to convert the money based on the exchange rate of that day so include an additional 1000 CAD or something.
  • If IELTS expires after AOR then there is no issue, IELTS results are required to be valid when you get your AOR date so no need to provide new results.
  • No idea about the address.
  • I think you need to inform only if you have moved to another country.
  • You can mention that in the LOE I think.
  • If you claimed points for this job, then reference letter is mandatory.
  • Explain in LOE but you should have a strong reason, otherwise your application will be returned as incomplete. Upfront medicals was suspended some time back, not sure if it is allowed or not now.

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
  • Average balance cannot be lower. The idea behind providing 6 months statement is if your bank doesn't mention six months average balance in the letter (most of them don't) and if there are large deposits within the 6 months period which are part of your POF, then you need to explain where the money came from. Don't do any conversions, provide all documents in your local currency only. VO will decide how to convert the money based on the exchange rate of that day so include an additional 1000 CAD or something.
  • If IELTS expires after AOR then there is no issue, IELTS results are required to be valid when you get your AOR date so no need to provide new results.
  • No idea about the address.
  • I think you need to inform only if you have moved to another country.
  • You can mention that in the LOE I think.
  • If you claimed points for this job, then reference letter is mandatory.
  • Explain in LOE but you should have a strong reason, otherwise your application will be returned as incomplete. Upfront medicals was suspended some time back, not sure if it is allowed or not now.
TYSM for the response.
  • My average balance would be lower as I had to relocate and set up my apartment for the new job in different city. So, I need to mention this in my LOE? Even for OINP I added around 4K CAD almost a month before submitting the application, but didn't mention anything, average balance was lower, quite lower at that time, but since it is salary account so once salary came of 2 months It went to good shape. Then relocation happened, it again came down. So now should I submit my application after receiving the salary of July, which will make my account balance around 18K, but average would be lower or wait for August salary as well so that average gets little better and overall amount around 20K cad? Average will still be lower. But not that much, even after July salary, if average is around 12-13K should I submit with current amount of 18K, all the money would be from salary only.
  • If I submit around 30th Aug, so when AOR will be received? TRF will expire on 10th October.
Thank you buddy!

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
TYSM for the response.
  • My average balance would be lower as I had to relocate and set up my apartment for the new job in different city. So, I need to mention this in my LOE? Even for OINP I added around 4K CAD almost a month before submitting the application, but didn't mention anything, average balance was lower, quite lower at that time, but since it is salary account so once salary came of 2 months It went to good shape. Then relocation happened, it again came down. So now should I submit my application after receiving the salary of July, which will make my account balance around 18K, but average would be lower or wait for August salary as well so that average gets little better and overall amount around 20K cad? Average will still be lower. But not that much, even after July salary, if average is around 12-13K should I submit with current amount of 18K, all the money would be from salary only.
  • If I submit around 30th Aug, so when AOR will be received? TRF will expire on 10th October.
Thank you buddy!
Don't focus too much on average balance it is not important. If your funds are not older than 6 months then you just have to prove that money is not borrowed, don't make it unnecessarily complex.

AOR is normally instant but sometimes gets delayed by 24 hours so you should be good.

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
In Continue Application -> Personal Details -> Family Section, you are unable to update it there?
Actually I have not accepted the invitation yet (Not clicked on "Continue application")... We are waiting to get PCC and other docs before accepting the ITA.

ITA received on 7th July.

Last edited:

Rockyoak

Aug 23, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Guys, I just submitted my application and received my AOR immediately. Now the slumber begins! :)

Hope you all too have submitted or in the "about to submit" phase.