+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hi guys,

I have received ITA for the first time and previously created and withdrawn Express Entry profiles multiple times. What should I answer for the question:
"Has xxxxxxx applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before?"

Before receiving ITA I answered it 'yes' and provided my Express Entry Profile number along with the UCI (which I believe I provided the personal reference code as I am unable to find this number anywhere in my previous applications). I am really confused now as I think the answer should be 'No' as I never received ITA earlier. Can anyone experienced help me with this?

Also, should I remove the UCI number and explain that in LOE about the confusion?
@legalfalcon Request you to throw some light on this
You are supposed to answer no because you never paid any fees and sent an application to IRCC. If your UCI number started with CAN, then that's just a temporary one, the real UCI has only numbers.

rr2021

Jun 14, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
AOR Received.
11-07-2021
Med's Done....
17-11-2021
You are supposed to answer no because you never paid any fees and sent an application to IRCC. If your UCI number started with CAN, then that's just a temporary one, the real UCI has only numbers.
@seadrag0n Thanks for the quick response.
In that case, shall I keep UCI blank and explain that in LOE? Also, I am not able to trace even the temporary UCI..wondering from where did I give this number

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
@seadrag0n Thanks for the quick response.
In that case, shall I keep UCI blank and explain that in LOE? Also, I am not able to trace even the temporary UCI..wondering from where did I give this number
Yes, answer no to the question and explain in LOE. Temporary UCI should be visible once you login to your GC account and and go the application. I think sometimes its not there, I also don't remember when the temporary UCI was assigned to me.

rr2021

Jun 14, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
AOR Received.
11-07-2021
Med's Done....
17-11-2021
Yes, answer no to the question and explain in LOE. Temporary UCI should be visible once you login to your GC account and and go the application. I think sometimes its not there, I also don't remember when the temporary UCI was assigned to me.
Same here, I cannot see UCI in any of my previous express entry profiles which created the confusion. I will keep this field blank and explain the same in LOE.
I hope this won't create any trouble to my application.

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey All...

Ok.. so for OINP I did all the documentation by myself and got nomination on 8th June 2021.
Now I have got the ITA and am a bit confused if I should have an agent or do it by myself... How complicated is the documentation for PR after receiving the ITA? If anyone could share they opinion it would be very helpful please...

My Scenario : I was in India till 2019 August -> travelled to Canada on study permit in August 2019 -> completed studies in December 2020.
Got post graduate work permit (open work permit) in January 2021 for 3 years. I worked full time from January 2021 to March 2021 in Toronto but due to family issue I resigned and travelled back to India in April 2021. I have mentioned my current country of residence as "India" in my express entry profile....

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
Hi,

I was checking all the documents before submitting my application and I noticed following fields on my eMedical Information Sheet

IME: Non EDE
Upfront Medical Type: Student

Can anyone who completed upfront medicals confirm if this is same for them?

Reactions: manmeet-kaur

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Hi,

I was checking all the documents before submitting my application and I noticed following fields on my eMedical Information Sheet

Shouldn't it say Immigration instead of Student? I remember the lady at Sadhu vasvani asking me if I'm applying for Student or Immigration. I told her I'm going for immigration. My appointment is next week (July 20).. So I'm waiting on that for now.

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Can someone please share what documents are needed if you have an active home loan? I'm really confused with this section. I've watched videos and all but not able to find a proper solution. Some are suggesting to declare the home loan, add home loan documents and explain the repayment plan in LOE. Some are saying home loan is an asset, it won't affect anything and isn't mandatory to be declared.

My concern is that the EMI gets deducted from my savings account (which I'm showing as POF). I'm really confused with this and would appreciate if anyone can help me on how to proceed with this one.

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
Hi,

Get it changed to worker, hospital should get it done in 5 mins

Nouvel Espoir

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-01-2021
Can someone please share what documents are needed if you have an active home loan? I'm really confused with this section. I've watched videos and all but not able to find a proper solution. Some are suggesting to declare the home loan, add home loan documents and explain the repayment plan in LOE. Some are saying home loan is an asset, it won't affect anything and isn't mandatory to be declared.

My concern is that the EMI gets deducted from my savings account (which I'm showing as POF). I'm really confused with this and would appreciate if anyone can help me on how to proceed with this one.
I showed my home loan in my OINP application. I just got a letter from the bank stating the current outstanding amount. In the LOE, I declared that I intend to sell the apartment before moving to Canada, which would further add to my settlement funds. Convert all the amounts to CAD.

Honestly, I would prefer declaring all my assets and liabilities. There's no point getting into a grey area where things may be construed as misrepresentation of facts.

Reactions: gurpreets88

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
I showed my home loan in my OINP application. I just got a letter from the bank stating the current outstanding amount. In the LOE, I declared that I intend to sell the apartment before moving to Canada, which would further add to my settlement funds. Convert all the amounts to CAD.

Honestly, I would prefer declaring all my assets and liabilities. There's no point getting into a grey area where things may be construed as misrepresentation of facts.
That’s where my confusion is. I didn’t show any loans while submitting OINP profile cause it wasn’t asked. My EMI is from the same savings account I’ve shown as POF. I don’t mind showing it in EE profile, it’s just that I don’t wanna complicate the file.

Also, if I list it in LOE that I’ll sell the property before I move to Canada, do I really have to sell it? I mean I was thinking of keeping this property till I settle down in Canada.
Any further comments?

Nouvel Espoir

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-01-2021
That’s where my confusion is. I didn’t show any loans while submitting OINP profile cause it wasn’t asked. My EMI is from the same savings account I’ve shown as POF. I don’t mind showing it in EE profile, it’s just that I don’t wanna complicate the file.

Also, if I list it in LOE that I’ll sell the property before I move to Canada, do I really have to sell it? I mean I was thinking of keeping this property till I settle down in Canada.
Any further comments?
It's OK if you didn't show any loans in OINP. However, IRCC's official website clearly states that your bank letter should list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans. Even if you aren't going to sell it, it's OK. In your LOE, just explain that you have taken a loan of XYZ CAD for an asset which is now worth XYZ CAD which is being paid for from your salary/income via your savings account. It's the same for me. My EMIs are being deducted from the account where I have held the settlement funds. I have read posts where people have shown their home loans (which is anyway an IRCC requirement) and have got the PR. Be transparent. It shouldn't be an issue.

Nouvel Espoir

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-01-2021

Any further comments?
Also, "about keeping the property", I read on some forum that it could be complicated to sell the property once you are a PR holder - more tax liabilities I guess. I will see if I can find that link somewhere.

Nouvel Espoir

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-01-2021
Also, "about keeping the property", I read on some forum that it could be complicated to sell the property once you are a PR holder - more tax liabilities I guess. I will see if I can find that link somewhere.
Found the following two links on this forum:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-we-sell-our-house-before-landing-in-canada.634281/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/property-sale-in-india-and-how-to-bring-money-to-canada-and-taxation-on-it.507026/page-2

One of them states the following (don't know if this is still relevant/applicable though):

"Assuming that you would had not done your landing by the time you sell your property: Since you obtained the funds while you were in India, while being a subject of Indian taxes, any gains on selling property will be subjected to Indian tax laws and will need to pay Indian taxes accordingly, you will not be liable to pay any Canadian taxes on gains made from selling the property.

If you sold your property after landing and getting the PR status : You will be subjected to Canadian tax laws and will have to pay taxes to Canada according to relevant tax laws."

You may want to research further.

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
It's OK if you didn't show any loans in OINP. However, IRCC's official website clearly states that your bank letter should list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans. Even if you aren't going to sell it, it's OK. In your LOE, just explain that you have taken a loan of XYZ CAD for an asset which is now worth XYZ CAD which is being paid for from your salary/income via your savings account. It's the same for me. My EMIs are being deducted from the account where I have held the settlement funds. I have read posts where people have shown their home loans (which is anyway an IRCC requirement) and have got the PR. Be transparent. It shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks for this! It helps..

My understanding is, IRCC doesn't care about your liabilities or anything, they just wanna see if you have enough funds in your account. But since there is a question while submitting profile about loans/credit card dues, I don't wanna hide anything.

My loan is with HDFC and my savings/salary account is with Citibank (from which the EMI is being deducted). Since there is no loan/credit card dues from Citibank, I don't think there should be any issues in getting it in writing that there are no dues from Citibank. In this case, do I still have to upload any loan documents? Like loan sanction n all? My loan is divided into three parts: 1 Home loan and 2 home improvement loans.

The property is in my and my mother's name, she's not working so I'm paying the entire amount. It'll show her name on the loan document as well if I was to provide that. Hence this confusion.

I understand that I should do this: Declare the loan amount in the section where it asks about it and explain it in LOE. No additional documents or anything of that sort to avoid any complications or confusions for the IRCC agent.

Let me know your thoughts.

TIA!