Nouvel Espoir

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-01-2021
Hi guys,

I am in a bit of a confusion about PCC here... I applied for PCC in Delhi (Rohini) at PSK... next day I visited the police station I had mentioned in the application. unfortunately they had no clue about any PCC stuff.

So, does the police actually visit home to do the verification?.. just like when we apply for passport...?..
Yes, the police actually visits your home for verification, usually in 2-3 days after submitting the application. You will receive an email notification once your file has been forwarded to them

Reactions: @smp

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Hey,

Have you updated it? I can't find the section which is needed to be uploaded also can't locate update button. Totally clueless now..
Hi @cyborg009

I was able to login to my account today, but i too don't see any update button (Personal Details > Family) which was visible before. All the fields have been blocked out and are un-editable right now. I think this is because I received the ITA, that my profile got locked.

@cyborg009 Did you get the ITA ?, i think this is the same issue you are facing as well.

May be people who received ITA can let us know how they are handling this ....

@seadrag0n , @xena_psk ,@Dilveerr ,@diya_tj ,@Joe_sinp ,@gurpreets88 - looks all of you have received your ITAs, could you pls let us know how you guys updated in your profile the change in the settlement funds amount ??
(To stay eligible, you may need to update your settlement fund numbers in your Express Entry profile. The update must be done no later than July 15, 2021. Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html#money_needed)

Thanks a lot guys.

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Hi @cyborg009

I was able to login to my account today, but i too don't see any update button (Personal Details > Family) which was visible before. All the fields have been blocked out and are un-editable right now. I think this is because I received the ITA, that my profile got locked.

@cyborg009 Did you get the ITA ?, i think this is the same issue you are facing as well.

@seadrag0n , @xena_psk ,@Dilveerr ,@diya_tj ,@Joe_sinp ,@gurpreets88 - looks all of you have received your ITAs, could you pls let us know how you guys updated in your profile the change in the settlement funds amount ??
(To stay eligible, you may need to update your settlement fund numbers in your Express Entry profile. The update must be done no later than July 15, 2021. Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html#money_needed)

Thanks a lot guys.
Hey

Yes the profile gets locked as soon as you receive an ITA. I didn't update funds I'll carry when I travel but I added 14K initially itself when I created my profile. You will get an option to add the same when you click on Continue Application under your invitation.

If there is any other way, can someone else confirm?

Reactions: techviz

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hi @cyborg009

Thanks a lot guys.
How many funds did you declare in your EE profile? Since you haven't submitted your application yet, just update funds in your e-APR forms and provide the appropriate bank letter/statements. Just add a point to your LOE saying that you are increasing your funds in e-APR because of the recent rule changes.
Hey

Yes the profile gets locked as soon as you receive an ITA. I didn't update funds I'll carry when I travel but I added 14K initially itself when I created my profile. You will get an option to add the same when you click on Continue Application under your invitation.

If there is any other way, can someone else confirm?
No worries, you are good since your initial amount is more than the new one.

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
How many funds did you declare in your EE profile? Since you haven't submitted your application yet, just update funds in your e-APR forms and provide the appropriate bank letter/statements. Just add a point to your LOE saying that you are increasing your funds in e-APR because of the recent rule changes.
I had declared CAD $13000.
Hopefully, as you suggested, if they are okay with an update in one of the e-APR forms & a LOE, then it should be fine.
My only concern is with their July 15 deadline to update the fund amount ...or else ...i dont know what they ll do ...

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I had declared CAD $13000.
Hopefully, as you suggested, if they are okay with an update in one of the e-APR forms & a LOE, then it should be fine.
My only concern is with their July 15 deadline to update the fund amount ...or else ...i dont know what they ll do ...
That July 15th deadline is for EE profiles without ITA, if they don't update their POF amount above the new amount before July 15th, the system will automatically invalidate their profile and remove it from the pool and they will need to create a new one. This deadline is basically a chance for candidates to preserve their original submission date for the tie-breaker rule.

Just give a bigger amount in e-APR and explain the change in an LOE, you will be fine.

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
That July 15th deadline is for EE profiles without ITA, if they don't update their POF amount above the new amount before July 15th, the system will automatically invalidate their profile and remove it from the pool and they will need to create a new one. This deadline is basically a chance for candidates to preserve their original submission date for the tie-breaker rule.

Just give a bigger amount in e-APR and explain the change in an LOE, you will be fine.
@seadrag0n Thanks a lot for clarifying :).

Dilveerr

Mar 24, 2021
Hi guys,

I am in a bit of a confusion about PCC here... I applied for PCC in Delhi (Rohini) at PSK... next day I visited the police station I had mentioned in the application. unfortunately they had no clue about any PCC stuff.

So, does the police actually visit home to do the verification?.. just like when we apply for passport...?..
Yes they will visit your home just as in case of passport. The officer visited my house yesterday on 9 th july , I applied for the PCC on 30th June

Reactions: @smp

cyborg009

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi @cyborg009

Thanks a lot guys.
Yes I did...

rr2021

Jun 14, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
AOR Received.
11-07-2021
Med's Done....
17-11-2021
Hi guys,

I have received ITA for the first time and previously created and withdrawn Express Entry profiles multiple times. What should I answer for the question:
"Has xxxxxxx applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before?"

Before receiving ITA I answered it 'yes' and provided my Express Entry Profile number along with the UCI (which I believe I provided the personal reference code as I am unable to find this number anywhere in my previous applications). I am really confused now as I think the answer should be 'No' as I never received ITA earlier. Can anyone experienced help me with this?

Also, should I remove the UCI number and explain that in LOE about the confusion?
@legalfalcon Request you to throw some light on this