+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2019 Discussion Join Here

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
if you don't mind may i ask why did you take so much time to reply or apply ? August is a highly holiday populated month for canada, so a lot of the profiles have not moved forward due to the holidays. Just be patient, they have mentioned anyways that it can take anywhere between 30-60 days. in the meanwhile please keep checking your mails and your spam folders for any messages from Ontario people, in case they ask for addition documents and odd.
Sorry for delay in response.
I was not intended to apply OINP initially, but eventually i gave up and applied just before 45 days.

I called them today to assign my profile to some other officer. Finally i see a change in my application as Assessment.

Received NOI: July 12
Profile submitted: August 21st

NOC: 2174

Aruleesee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hi fellas,

I am slightly concerned as I have submitted my OINP application 64 days ago and my application still says decision in progress. My timeline is as follows-

NOI- May 31
Application submitted- July 12
ADR- July 30
ADR submitted- July 31
Assessment- August 4
Decision in Progress- August 11
Nomination- Awaiting

Are the 60 days counted from ADR? Is that why they're taking time?

Anyone with a similar experience?

Thanks!

Reactions: JAK2019

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
NOI :- 12 July
NOC:- 2174 (CEC Inland)
CRS:- 453
Submitted :- 3rd Aug
Assessment:- 10th Sept
ADR :- 13th Sept (responded same day)
Assessment :- 16th Sept
DIP:-TBD

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hi fellas,

I am slightly concerned as I have submitted my OINP application 64 days ago and my application still says decision in progress. My timeline is as follows-

NOI- May 31
Application submitted- July 12
ADR- July 30
ADR submitted- July 31
Assessment- August 4
Decision in Progress- August 11
Nomination- Awaiting

Are the 60 days counted from ADR? Is that why they're taking time?

Anyone with a similar experience?

Thanks!
It counts from the day you have submitted. You must call OINP and ask about the status. They have posted their average timelines 30-60 days,

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-application-processing-times-and-nominations-issued#section-0

organicgawd

Sep 16, 2019
Hello everyone. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place but I'm new here and not sure yet how to navigate the forum. I received the NOI from Ontario exactly one month ago and I'm unsure what to do with the 45 day deadline quickly approaching. Just for reference, I have a CRS score of 443 that I can maybe improve it with a better French language score (English is maxed out), and I am turning 30 next year.

My questions to anyone who can help are the following:

- Should I not risk it and apply to Ontario? I'm not sure if this is my only shot to get permanent residency.
- Is there a chance ITA's would be sent with my score or similar in the coming months or early next year?
- Would I be obligated to stay in Ontario if I apply and am accepted?
- Cost is a factor and I don't know if I should pay another 400-500$ to take the French test, or spend the 1500$ on OINP if it isn't guaranteed.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hello everyone. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place but I'm new here and not sure yet how to navigate the forum. I received the NOI from Ontario exactly one month ago and I'm unsure what to do with the 45 day deadline quickly approaching. Just for reference, I have a CRS score of 443 that I can maybe improve it with a better French language score (English is maxed out), and I am turning 30 next year.

My questions to anyone who can help are the following:

- Should I not risk it and apply to Ontario? I'm not sure if this is my only shot to get permanent residency.
- Is there a chance ITA's would be sent with my score or similar in the coming months or early next year?
- Would I be obligated to stay in Ontario if I apply and am accepted?
- Cost is a factor and I don't know if I should pay another 400-500$ to take the French test, or spend the 1500$ on OINP if it isn't guaranteed.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!
Its totally your choice. However, consider below carefully.
* If you are confident that you will reach 460 or above after French language test then you can wait to apply.
* There is no such rule that you have to stay in same Province forever but you need to explain federal body at the time of citizenship why you have moved or not stayed initially.
* Getting 600 additional point through PNP gives relief from all stress if your not much concern about 1500 CAD.

organicgawd

Sep 16, 2019
Its totally your choice. However, consider below carefully.
* If you are confident that you will reach 460 or above after French language test then you can wait to apply.
* There is no such rule that you have to stay in same Province forever but you need to explain federal body at the time of citizenship why you have moved or not stayed initially.
* Getting 600 additional point through PNP gives relief from all stress if your not much concern about 1500 CAD.
I really appreciate your reply.

If you don't mind me asking, in your opinion, are the only benefits to the ITA via Express Entry vs PNP the cost, automatic mobility, and timeframe or am I missing something? And is a score between 460-70 a guaranteed ITA or simply a better chance at one? I notice there is a swing with their lowest accepted CRS score.

Thanks again.

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
I really appreciate your reply.

If you don't mind me asking, in your opinion, are the only benefits to the ITA via Express Entry vs PNP the cost, automatic mobility, and timeframe or am I missing something? And is a score between 460-70 a guaranteed ITA or simply a better chance at one? I notice there is a swing with their lowest accepted CRS score.

Thanks again.
yes, if you get PNP ...ITA is guaranteed. However, acquiring 460+ points will have better chance to get ITA in 2-3 draws. You know your position better than anyone and you know your financial position too. If you maxed out with your IELTS and uncertain about French Skills then 1500 CAD is worth to end all waiting games and efforts, and guaranteed nomination from Federal Express Entry Program. Choice is yours :)

organicgawd

Sep 16, 2019
yes, if you get PNP ...ITA is guaranteed. However, acquiring 460+ points will have better chance to get ITA in 2-3 draws. You know your position better than anyone and you know your financial position too. If you maxed out with your IELTS and uncertain about French Skills then 1500 CAD is worth to end all waiting games and efforts, and guaranteed nomination from Federal Express Entry Program. Choice is yours :)
Great thanks again!

bbmaple

Sep 5, 2019
Hello guys, question.

In the below link, it says Ontario has already nominated 5,200 as of 12 Sept 2019.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-application-processing-times-and-nominations-issued

Curious, what would happen to other applications (yet to receive nomination) if they have already exchausted the allocation?
Thanks!
Hi. I was really anxious last week so I called them about this. They answered me with “You will get the result.” As my application was in the “final stages”, the staff kept telling me not to be worried and that I will get my result. She was right. I guess if you are still starting your application, you may get a clearer answer if you call them. Hope it helps.

NOC0124

Aug 19, 2019
Hi. I got my nomination on September 13. I got the e-mail from cic first last Friday. Status in OINP portal was still DIP until today. Only got the email from OINP today as well.

Hope your application has progressed too.
Hi Bbmaple. I just checked. It's still on DIP. I wonder why it's taking so long for me :(