Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
I did indeed take the TEF test in Nov 2017 and scored CLB 8/9 and it seems OK for me to be selected by Ontario.
Can you please advise how hard is French for an English speaker?

Mozijikuu

Jul 3, 2018
hi,
if you want to show French as a first language, and you are not familiar with it,i personally believe it would take app. a year to get a proper level at French.
Please see this link below.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements.html
I think as an English speaking one, learning French is more difficult than learning English but if you have enough courage and study persistently, you can do it.
ı attached a screenshot you could see how many points your profile gathers.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/237584489_French_as_a_foreign_language_and_the_Common_European_Framework_of_Reference_for_Languages

Then consult this chart for the level you need and the points corresponding to the level you attain.
Wish you luck

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
hi,
if you want to show French as a first language, and you are not familiar with it,i personally believe it would take app. a year to get a proper level at French.
Please see this link below.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements.html
I think as an English speaking one, learning French is more difficult than learning English but if you have enough courage and study persistently, you can do it.
ı attached a screenshot you could see how many points your profile gathers.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/237584489_French_as_a_foreign_language_and_the_Common_European_Framework_of_Reference_for_Languages

Then consult this chart for the level you need and the points corresponding to the level you attain.
Wish you luck
Thanks a lot for the insight.

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
Can someone please let me know the chances of getting ONIP with following:
350 CRS
NOC 0123 - IT professional
IELTS 7

tzygane

Dec 5, 2018
Hi, as someone who started learning French almost 15 years ago, went to France for 6 months, and then gave a break of almost 10 years, I have to say that French is really hard. You can have a passing level of everyday language but having proper grammer for TEF test is very hard and different from practical knowledge. You have to love the language, it's not something you can learn without fully pouring your heart (except if you know good Spanish, then you can have an easy time learning French as they are very similar)

If you want to learn, I suggest reading a lot, listening to TV news in French and trying to listen to songs and try to understand lyrics.

Regards!

Preveen

Feb 11, 2019
How to submit my expression of interest to Ontario...I am new...please anyone guide me...how to get NOI from them

tzygane

Dec 5, 2018
How to submit my expression of interest to Ontario...I am new...please anyone guide me...how to get NOI from them
Hey there, there is no manual way to apply for oinp, you just create your express entry profile and wait for them to choice you from the pool for a Nomination, sorry :(

tzygane

Dec 5, 2018
Can someone please let me know the chances of getting ONIP with following:
350 CRS
NOC 0123 - IT professional
IELTS 7
If you look at the past OINP invitations in this link:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest#section-1

The only time they drop the minimum CRS around 350 is when they invite people with a job offer in Ontario or the French Speaking PNP stream (for which you have to get CLB 7 in the french test TEF) otherwise if you only have IELTS and no job offer, the FSWP stream's minimum score is around 430.

So, without TEF, job offer or PhD/Masters streams, that's %99,9 improbable to get an OINP invitation with 350 CRS.

Sorry mate :(

Reactions: crs350onip

a0075249

Jan 25, 2019

The only time they drop the minimum CRS around 350 is when they invite people with a job offer in Ontario or the French Speaking PNP stream (for which you have to get CLB 7 in the french test TEF) otherwise if you only have IELTS and no job offer, the FSWP stream's minimum score is around 430.

So, without TEF, job offer or PhD/Masters streams, that's %99,9 improbable to get an OINP invitation with 350 CRS.

What kind of job offer will they consider? Must have LMIA? or earn points for CRS?

Thank you!

tzygane

Dec 5, 2018
What kind of job offer will they consider? Must have LMIA? or earn points for CRS?

Thank you!
Sorry, I don't have enough info about job offers but it should be written on ontario immigration page under the canadian job order stream. Will post the link when I have chance.

By the way, some other provinces like alberta, prince edward island etc. Have pnp stream like oinp (does not require offer or french) you can apply directly. Check them and try to learn when they will be opened so you can apply.

Lastly, my wife reminded me that there's also the atlantic agreement. You should check that one too.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Sorry, I don't have enough info about job offers but it should be written on ontario immigration page under the canadian job order stream. Will post the link when I have chance.

By the way, some other provinces like alberta, prince edward island etc. Have pnp stream like oinp (does not require offer or french) you can apply directly. Check them and try to learn when they will be opened so you can apply.

Lastly, my wife reminded me that there's also the atlantic agreement. You should check that one too.
Based on a search I did a couple of weeks ago and I can be wrong, Alberta doesn't let candidates apply. They let candidates know that they are interested. Atlantic agreement requires a job offer.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......

Thanks mate, let's face the reality - Improving IELTS & Academic credentials is the only way!

tzygane

Dec 5, 2018
Thanks mate, let's face the reality - Improving IELTS & Academic credentials is the only way!
Having a second degree on top of Bachelors will give you almost 50 points (don't just assume the education, it also gives you 25 extra points from skill transferability section) and there's a big difference betwwen CLB 7 and 9 from IELTS.

As you said, those 2 factors will carry you towards 430 - 440 point range, which will enable getting OINP or other PNP nomination if you can. Even a 1 year post-bachelors degree will do.

Hope you get what you desire mate!

Reactions: crs350onip