+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
what did you put in the express entry profile? I mean did you mention the right dates as you have described?

You may have to attach the birth certificate of your kid to prove why she took that break supported by a letter.

Should be ok I guess as it is only one month..

@BillHyatt , @Wandering Mind

Thanks for your answer buddy!! Yes I have put the exact dates as mentioned. Its a big question whether they will accept or not.

Seniors please answer!! @BillHyatt & @Wandering Mind

trendy075

Star Member
May 9, 2017
@Wandering Mind & @BillHyatt and all senior members:

Very urgent question:

My spouse has got NOI from Ontario on the 29th June. We are in the process of collecting the documents. Now the issue is her work experience.

Her last job was from 3rd November 2014 to 11th September 2015 which makes it approx 11 months. Before that she worked from 15th December 2009 to 6th December 2011. She took a break for our newly born child. Now the issue is as per the ONIP guide book the work experience has to be continuous for one year and Work experience was obtained within the last five years from the date of your Notification of Interest from Ontario.

So as we calculate her work experience is only approx 11 months in the last 5 years. She has overall work experience of 5 years & 11 months. Will this be an issue for the VO?? Kindly suggest if there is any way to get out of this. Thanks!!
OINP stresses the requirement of 1 year continuous work experience within the last 5 years so this is a bit tricky. They also ask you to ensure you confirm you meet the criteria before applying, I guess so you don't lose your funds in case they don't find you eligible. I guess what I am saying is this is a $1,500 gamble only you can decide to take. The VO may be lenient and round up her 11 months to 1 year but on the other hand, he may not do it's a game of chance.

I wish you the best.

Reactions: Anjanirai

helsayed

Jul 6, 2017
I've received a notification of interest from Ontario. and I'm applying for Ontario nomination program so I have a question
Is it mandatory to provide a bank statement for 6 months perior the application? I can't provide this since I'm going to sell a property of mine to cover the require amount. will a state of balance after doing this will be valid for the application

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
OINP stresses the requirement of 1 year continuous work experience within the last 5 years so this is a bit tricky. They also ask you to ensure you confirm you meet the criteria before applying, I guess so you don't lose your funds in case they don't find you eligible. I guess what I am saying is this is a $1,500 gamble only you can decide to take. The VO may be lenient and round up her 11 months to 1 year but on the other hand, he may not do it's a game of chance.

I wish you the best.
Ya thats right I guess!!

Still looking for answers form some more seniors. @Wandering Mind & @BillHyatt

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
@Wandering Mind & @BillHyatt and all senior members:

Very urgent question:

My spouse has got NOI from Ontario on the 29th June. We are in the process of collecting the documents. Now the issue is her work experience.

Her last job was from 3rd November 2014 to 11th September 2015 which makes it approx 11 months. Before that she worked from 15th December 2009 to 6th December 2011. She took a break for our newly born child. Now the issue is as per the ONIP guide book the work experience has to be continuous for one year and Work experience was obtained within the last five years from the date of your Notification of Interest from Ontario.

So as we calculate her work experience is only approx 11 months in the last 5 years. She has overall work experience of 5 years & 11 months. Will this be an issue for the VO?? Kindly suggest if there is any way to get out of this. Thanks!!
I'm not an expert on these matters but to me it appears that unfortunately your spouse's work experience doesn't fall under Ontario's requirement for 1 year of continuous employment in the last five years.

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
I'm not an expert on these matters but to me it appears that unfortunately your spouse's work experience doesn't fall under Ontario's requirement for 1 year of continuous employment in the last five years.
Can I do some explaining in the LOE that she moved to Dubai to join me and that is the reason she resigned form her job.I can also mention that she has an overall experience of 5.8 years and excellent in her job. Will this help??

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Can I do some explaining in the LOE that she moved to Dubai to join me and that is the reason she resigned form her job.I can also mention that she has an overall experience of 5.8 years and excellent in her job. Will this help??
Someone I know got the following Procedural Fairness Request from Ontario:

"Your Express Entry profile indicates that you have selected your work experience to be assessed under NOC XX (XXXX). Your longest continuous full-time experience under NOC XX was at ABCD Corporation, from May XX, 2012 (the start date of your eligible work assessment period) until February XX, 2013. This is for a period of 9 months, falling short of the minimum one year period.

Please provide documentation to support that you possess a minimum of one year of continuous, full-time work experience in the selected NOC, in the five years preceding your NOI.

Should the program not receive additional information within this timeframe, your application will be assessed based on the existing information on file which may lead to the refusal of your application."

Hope this helps. Good luck

Reactions: Anjanirai

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Someone I know got the following Procedural Fairness Request from Ontario:

"Your Express Entry profile indicates that you have selected your work experience to be assessed under NOC XX (XXXX). Your longest continuous full-time experience under NOC XX was at ABCD Corporation, from May XX, 2012 (the start date of your eligible work assessment period) until February XX, 2013. This is for a period of 9 months, falling short of the minimum one year period.

Please provide documentation to support that you possess a minimum of one year of continuous, full-time work experience in the selected NOC, in the five years preceding your NOI.

Should the program not receive additional information within this timeframe, your application will be assessed based on the existing information on file which may lead to the refusal of your application."

Hope this helps. Good luck
@Anjanirai, the point I was trying to make was: It is a risk to apply if your spouse doesn't meet the minimum 1 year criteria :( Sorry, wish I could do more to help. All the best.

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
@Anjanirai, the point I was trying to make was: It is a risk to apply if your spouse doesn't meet the minimum 1 year criteria :( Sorry, wish I could do more to help. All the best.
I understand bro!! But life is a chance. Lets take it!! Thanks a ton for your reply to me and all the members. You have been really very kind to all. God Bless!!

Canadian_Iam

May 29, 2017
In my case, I showed the funds in my name and in my wife's name (both not joint accounts). My wife will be accompanying me. I just submitted a letter in a plain A4 paper stating I have full access to her accounts in which we both signed and stick our photographs. Ontario has accepted it and I got the nomination.Apart from 6 months statement, I also got the latest outstanding balance statement of the accounts.
Thanks for the confirmation. I also was thinking joint account shouldn't be an issue. I plan to get a declaration from my spouse stating that I got full access to the fund.

However, the balance over last six month didn't meet/exceed the cut-off, it only exceeded 2 days ago by roughly CAD 300. Do you think it would be an issue?