+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP- Express Entry

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john1818 said:
Hi Asivad Anac. I need a help with regards to ECA. I have 2 year diploma from Canadian college and a Bachelor's degree from back home country. I don't have ECA for Bachelor's defree. Under the level of education I have selected "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.".
Since the Canadian degree is only of 2 academic years, do you think my profile is eligible for OOPNP. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

P.S I had created a profile before June 1, I have re created profile again 3 days back but haven't received PT yet.
Some members have confirmed receiving a PT without having a Bachelors but that is probably an error on the part of OOPNP and will be rectified at some stage of application processing.

In your case, you will be ineligible unless you get an ECA for your Bachelors. And even if they extend you a PT by mistake, they might revoke it or reject your application at a later date because you don't meet the eligibility criteria on Educational requirement.

All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaPR_EE said:
As my lawyer has created my profile. I don't have access to my profile. Is there any way to transfer the profile to myself.
You will have to get the access from them. Ask for your MyCIC username and password along with your Job Bank username and password. Hope they give it to you. I again recommend to NOT withdraw your profile - there is NO guarantee that you will receive the PT again on the new profile.

CanadaPR_EE said:
MY CRS is 433 and I am re-applying for IELTS again for CLB 9. Is it better to wait for the next draw to see the trend or OOPNP is a better option. I am giving it a second thought as I have to pay 1500 CAD with no guaranteed nomination and even I have to pay again to my lawyers.
OOPNP allows you 45 days from the day of invitation to respond and submit the application along with supporting documents. 433 is a below-par score based on previous draws. It is logical to wait for at least 1 more draw to see where the cutoff is headed before taking that 1500 CAD bet. Plus your IELTS score and TRF will take at least 21 days from the day you take the test. So it is a dicey situation but you have time to think it over and decide the best course of action.

I recommend you start the process of arranging required documentation for OOPNP so that you can send in your application at short notice, if and when required. Additionally, these documents will also help if you land a 'regular' ITA so no harm in collecting them upfront.

Refer this link for more information on OOPNP process ---> http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_APPLY.html

All the best!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
CanadaPR_EE said:
As my lawyer has created my profile. I don't have access to my profile. Is there any way to transfer the profile to myself.
OK, I see. To me this is surprising because my lawyer gave me all the credentials as soon as they created my profile. You should be entitled to them as well.

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
bellaluna said:
OK, I see. To me this is surprising because my lawyer gave me all the credentials as soon as they created my profile. You should be entitled to them as well.
Yes I checked with them again but no luck. They are saying that there is a common login which they are using for all their clients and they cannot Share it.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaPR_EE said:
Yes I checked with them again but no luck. They are saying that there is a common login which they are using for all their clients and they cannot Share it.
I don't understand how that is possible. From what I know, each person has a separate GC key. Some have two but no two active applications can have the same GC key. I might be wrong, and others please confirm.. I think they're taking you for a ride.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeru_maan said:
I don't understand how that is possible. From what I know, each person has a separate GC key. Some have two but no two active applications can have the same GC key. I might be wrong, and others please confirm.. I think they're taking you for a ride.
i agree with heeru_maan. May be they are politely turning him down by giving some dumb reason.

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
heeru_maan said:
I am kind of stuck now. Not sure how can I confront them or get my username and password. If I can get those credentials I can operate my profile myself.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaPR_EE said:
I am kind of stuck now. Not sure how can I confront them or get my username and password. If I can get those credentials I can operate my profile myself.
In my opinion, it is your right to have your credentials. Not sure what the law is. When you signed the contract with your lawyers, did it mention that they will hold your credentials? Does it mention that you will not have access to your own profile?
But the point about them using the same credentials for all their applications is completely FALSE. It is not possible at all. I rechecked.
In the meantime, create a new profile with a new GC key. You will then have 2 profiles and both will remain active. Wait for a new PT.
Then confront your lawyers if you can.

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
heeru_maan said:
In my opinion, it is your right to have your credentials. Not sure what the law is. When you signed the contract with your lawyers, did it mention that they will hold your credentials? Does it mention that you will not have access to your own profile?
But the point about them using the same credentials for all their applications is completely FALSE. It is not possible at all. I rechecked.
In the meantime, create a new profile with a new GC key. You will then have 2 profiles and both will remain active. Wait for a new PT.
Then confront your lawyers if you can.
Thanks heeru_maan. Can you please let me know if there is any link where you rechecked that twp applicants cannot have same credentials. Will it be fine to have two credentials at same time?

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaPR_EE said:
Thanks heeru_maan. Can you please let me know if there is any link where you rechecked that twp applicants cannot have same credentials. Will it be fine to have two credentials at same time?
I logged into my own GC key to try and create another express entry profile - which as I suspected is not possible unless I withdraw my current profile. What this basically means is that I cannot have multiple active express entry profiles under the same GC key.

As for having two credentials at the same time, it is definitely not advised in a normal case - but since you do not have access to your first profile, you could make one and wait for a PT for the new profile. Just in case you do not receive a PT on the new profile, you will have to confront your lawyers to make sure they give you the GC key.

But if you do get a PT for the new profile, you can probably bid your lawyers goodbye and ask them to withdraw your old profile.

Creating a new profile before withdrawing the old one is just a safety measure. As long as you are not applying from both profiles, I think you are safe.

Hope that helps.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Some members have confirmed receiving a PT without having a Bachelors but that is probably an error on the part of OOPNP and will be rectified at some stage of application processing.

In your case, you will be ineligible unless you get an ECA for your Bachelors. And even if they extend you a PT by mistake, they might revoke it or reject your application at a later date because you don't meet the eligibility criteria on Educational requirement.

All the best!
Thanks for your reply.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
CanadaPR_EE said:
As heeru said, their reason of a shared profile for all clients is BS. I also hope they are being truthful to you about your PT. did they at least share the letter with your application number and Job bank verification code?

leilei

Jun 6, 2015
can i pay through western union for my oopnp application? il be submitting it within the week..im from the philippines...thank you for your help

lezra

Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is my first post..

Currently on PGWP in Canada, eligible for CEC, got ITA for FSW. Planning to decline, because I won't be able to get detailed reference letters from my previous employers.

Got PT Notification last week for OOPNP. Thinking of going ahead with this application.

Question: As I understand, after getting the nomination from Ontario and accepting it, my EE Profile will get updated with 600 points and I'll get ITA in the next draw. Will this ITA again be for FSW instead of CEC?

Thanks...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lezra said:
This is my first post..

Currently on PGWP in Canada, eligible for CEC, got ITA for FSW. Planning to decline, because I won't be able to get detailed reference letters from my previous employers.

Got PT Notification last week for OOPNP. Thinking of going ahead with this application.

Question: As I understand, after getting the nomination from Ontario and accepting it, my EE Profile will get updated with 600 points and I'll get ITA in the next draw. Will this ITA again be for FSW instead of CEC?

Thanks...
Neither. It will be under PNP.

I don't really understand your reasons to decline this ITA. If the unavailability of reference letters is a concern, are you aware that you'll have to submit that evidence for OOPNP as well?