15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
kevinctech said:
Click on the name of the member, then on the next page, you will see this message at the bottom of the page in blue color - "Send this member a personal message."
Thank You Kevin but somehow I am not getting "Send this member a personal message." and when I am trying to send PM I am getting this message "You are not allowed to send personal messages. "
Pls try to send me a PM and then I may be able to reply.
Thanks again

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hellO,

You will have to make a few number of posts on this forum before you are eligible to post a personal message. I think the number is 10, you have to make 10 forum posts in order to be able to send a personal message. Hope this helps.

helloO said:
Thank You Kevin but somehow I am not getting "Send this member a personal message." and when I am trying to send PM I am getting this message "You are not allowed to send personal messages. "
Pls try to send me a PM and then I may be able to reply.
Thanks again

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
forberta said:
hellO,

You will have to make a few number of posts on this forum before you are eligible to post a personal message. I think the number is 10, you have to make 10 forum posts in order to be able to send a personal message. Hope this helps.
Thanks

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
tsrikanth said:
Here is my landing experience. I landed on June 23rd(Thursday 12.00 AM night at Calgary Airport and returned back on June 25th using AVR for me and my wife via Niagara Falls border(I feared a lot about AVR, don't know how it works, even my employer also don't know) but its very easy and smooth :). Nobody was asked to surrender I-94 while leaving USA.

We travelled from Austin to Houston, then from Houston to Calgary (Flight delayed for 3 hours in Houston i.e reached at Calgary after 12 A.M in the night).Landing was smooth, in plane they gave us custom declaration form, we filled out and as soon as we landed we went POE counter and gave declaration form, passport.

POE Officer(PO): What's the purpose of trip.
Me: I am doing my landing today for PR.
PO: Is there any goods to follow list?
Me: No
PO: Then you filled Yes for ..... (I don't know what I filled)
Me: We are landing here and will go back to USA because we didn't plan to move now(i.e visa expiry date is very less).
PO scanned our passports, stamped on Declaration forms and asked us to go to immigration .

We went to immigration, there were three officers in 3 counters(one lady is rude :mad:).

Immigration Officer(IO)(i.e He is a nice guy): asked for passport and landing papers . He asked for how much money I have. I said brought $3500 cash with me and $16000 bank balance. He put $19000 figure on paper. He explained that 2/5 years you have to in CANADA and other rules like you can't contest in elections, can't vote when I am using PR. He said it will take 4-8 weeks to get PR cards and he stamped our passports. Said Welcome to Canada. :D

We left Immigration section and saw two lady officers, I gave declaration card to one of her and said thanks. I asked do I need to fill any form that goods carrying with me, she said not required.

Then we went to Hotel(Greenwood suites In hotel) in Calgary. I know this hotel is expensive(2 nights = $340 :() but don't want to take risk(as my wife is pregnant).

Next day I went to Canada Service centre to apply for SIN number and it went smoothly. Then I tried for Health Card in Registry office, they said answer for ‘183 days committed stay in 12 months period' in application. I said will go back to USA and come back after 2 months(I shouldn't say like that). He said apply for Health Card when you come back.
I tried in different registry centres, but they said address proof required and in another centre they said I have to be a member(asking $100) in that centre. Finally decided do not apply for Health card.(because I can't go to all offices as my wife is pregnant, she tired).

We used public transport(buses) mostly. In Calgary trains and bus transportation is good. If we buy ticket for $2.75/person you can use that ticket for 1.30 minutes. Streets are like in Calgary NE, NW, SE(Southe East),etc and names mostly like St and AVenue. SIN numbers you can apply in any Canada Service centres and Health Card in Registry centres. My suggestion is better to go to downtown office(Harry Hays Building) even though if you stay outside of downtown. Any way you can find public transportation.

Then next day(Friday) we went to Toronto(my cousin stays there), spent some time with family. On Saturday around 11 AM we started towards Niagara falls(Instead of high-way, we went through Niagara Village i.e across the Ontario river). We boarded for “Maid of the mist” boat and enjoyed in Niagara Falls scene.

Then we had a tension about crossing the border. My cousin, his daughter, my wife, myself in queue in the car for POE(just like toll gate booth). After 5 minutes, its our turn. We stopped our card near to his booth. My cousin gave 4 passports i.e two Canadian and two Indian passports(We put I-797 approval copies in Passports, we are using AVR). My cousin told he and his daughter were Canadian citizens.

POE officer(PO): Where are you going? (he asked to me).
Me: I am going to Austin.
POE: Do you have a job over there ?
Me: Yes Sir. I have a job.
POE: In which profession you are working?
Me: Software engineer.
POE officer went to another booth(I think, he confirmed about AVR expired passport and valid H1 copy) and came back, said make sure staple I-94 to your passport then said all set you can leave now. (Ohhhh god, we entered into USA). From buffalo airport we went to Austin.

Please let me know if anybody wants any information ?
Very Helpful.

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
freeradical17 said:
Excuse me for posting in this forum, but felt I should share with you all the article on energy potential in Alberta. Looks like Alberta is going to be the Saudi of North America. Though most of you are aware, I am posting this link as this was reassuring when it comes to future of oil industry in Alberta which is mired in controversies due to environmental impact.
Interesting.

naxas

Dec 6, 2009
Hi all,
On my Caips notes, it says
Paper File send to ME File BF' D To : EMI ON 01-07-2011(I think July, 1st 2011)
what does it mean?

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
Re: Landing experience and AVR

DILSE said:
Dear Friends,
Here is my experience.

me : from LAX to YYC non-stop flight saturday reached at Calgary 7 : 00 p.m
at immigration I told immigration officer I am landing as a PR today.

officer : do you have goods to follow list ?

me : yes.

officer : welcome to canada, proceed to immigration on your left after collecing your bagaes.

me : thanks

no bags to collecet for me and my wife, starigt to immigration officer.

Immigration officer : good evening

me : G,E, handed passort, COPR, custom forms

I.O : Are you visiting for 3 days only (because I wrote in my custom forms 3 days stay in canada)

me: Yes, renting an appartment and then move permanently,

IO : Do you have address, phone in calgary ?

me : Yes, my brother lives in calgary , handed his addrees and local phone

IO : stamped passport, your PR cards will be in the mail.

me : thanks,

IO : please follow to custom for goods to follow list, try to get your SIN, health card on Monday what time is your return flight on Monday ?

me : 8 :OO P.M , I will try to get both on Monday or later I will move permanently. my goal is to rent apartment this week.

IO : good luck and welcome to canada.

next to custom : stamped goods to follow list and good to go.

rented car at the airport.

we searched Indian cousin near by and had dinner there.

late night check in to motel (11 :00 pm) still sun here.

Next morning we went to down town ,we went to shopping and rest..

Monday : 8 :00 drive to SIN office in down town but computer probles and system shut down for SIN we waited until 10 :00 but no luck so we went to health card application long line there took about 3 hrs applied for health card..

we applied for health card and open bank account with out SIN number.

back to SIN office ( we parked our rental car for full day $23 ) , luck SIN system was backed up by 2:00 p.m applied for SIN got SIN numebrs ( card will be in the mail )

headed to airport after quick subway lunch in downtown .

rturn rented car.

I have hard time with airline person

Air line officer : can i see your visa

me : yes, handed passport

A.O : US visa is expired

me : yes, show him I-797

A.O : this is not visa

me : Sir this is visa

A.O :OK fine with me.

A.O : looked at my spouse's F1 visa and handed I-94 blank form and both boarding passes.

we relaxed little , then thought why he didn't give me one blank I-94 ?

I went back to his counter, he refuse to give me one black I-94 and replied you do not have VISA.

I told him Sir please give me one If I am doing something wrong will see during immigration

A;O : OK, he gave me one black I-94 CARD.

we filled both and headed to border preclearance .

US immigration officer in calgary : are you working in US ? H1 -B

me : yes, haned I-797 ( expire 2014). visa expired in passport , pass port expiring in 1 year NO PROB.

US I.O : Stamped I-94 for 3 years

me : Handed my wife's pass port and thank him for my I-94.

US I.O : you have valid F1 visa but do you have something like I-797 ?

me : I was little suppries but I pull out I-797 ( H4 to F1 approval notice ) showed to I.O and he all set

US I.O : stamped my spouse's I-94 with D/S and we good to go

me : just to make sure , I do not have to go thru immigration in US correct ?

US I.O : Yes, you all set to go in US

me : don't you need finger prints ?

US I.O : ohh i m so sorry, its long day, please do

me : no prob, its long week end must be busy...

US I.O : not that bad but yes it is.. we give finger prints and headed toward gate

AT LAX landed and headed toward my car parking picked up car and came home 12: 00 a.m

over all no problem all set.

thanks to evey one in forms for reading my post.
Thanks For sharing your experience.

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
lightsinthemist said:
trsrikanth and Bibo

Please search this thread and you will notice many AVR experiences. You can also search Trackitt for multiple experiences.If you go back in this thread couple of users ( Justinline and some other user...) had a problem of having to convince the officer for a long time.The officer would not get convinced and they were sent to the secondary immigration area where finally senior officers intervened and got it resolved.

AVR is smooth for 90% of the people and is highly dependent on the officer you would get.AVR is not a 100% foolproof way...the border immigration officers have lot of discretionary powers and ultimately they would have to get convinced.
Just to keep you planned sometimes Junior officers will not understand or beleive you have a right to re-enter the usa.You will have to be very patient in explaining your case.In calgary airport there is an secondary immigration area where people will be sent and will have to wait for 2 hrs in turn to talk to the officers...so plan accordingly for your flight times so that you do not miss.

trsrikanth I beleive you will be travelling back by road ....same applies except you will not have the flight missing issue :).

Anywaz good luck and please google the thread...there have been multiple posts and trackitt has a ton of info. I also have an suggestion AVR has been discussed so many times and it would be helpful if the AVR posts are put in the landing thread....so that the attention given to the others still waiting for medicals, passport stamping etc does not get deviated.

Just a suggestion thats all.

Regards
Lights
Thanks for this update.

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
josephdadreamer said:
Folks ,

kindly follow this thread if you are planning to buy a vehicle in the us and land in canada right away.

Thanks....
jo
Helpful Thread.Thanks.

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
kevinctech said:
Click on the name of the member, then on the next page, you will see this message at the bottom of the page in blue color - "Send this member a personal message."
Kevin
Finally I sent you PM.Please check.I had to make 10 post before I could send PM.
Thanks.

va

Feb 21, 2011
Did you use inperson stamp or just send them your passort via mail?

Thanks

tonyind said:
Dear Friends,

I got my passport back from Detroit. The approx wait time for stamping is 10 days....my heartiest wishes to all and look forward to meet you all there....will sure once we all reach there we should arrange a re-union to know each other and share experiences!!! 8)

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
naxas said:
Hi all,
On my Caips notes, it says
Paper File send to ME File BF' D To : EMI ON 01-07-2011(I think July, 1st 2011)
what does it mean?
Yes Naxas, It means it will be b/f to the visa officer on 1st July 2011. Uptill when is your medical valid? My CAIPS said 1st May and they took decision on 10th June. But I did see on somebody else..his CAIPS said on 1st June and his PP request came to him on 6th June. So keep fingers crossed and prepared for everything!!

kapilkumar

Jul 14, 2009
United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
18-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
tonyind said:
Yes Naxas, It means it will be b/f to the visa officer on 1st July 2011. Uptill when is your medical valid? My CAIPS said 1st May and they took decision on 10th June. But I did see on somebody else..his CAIPS said on 1st June and his PP request came to him on 6th June. So keep fingers crossed and prepared for everything!!
Guys,

Today is June 29, 2011. How can it be July 1st 2011 then? It is 07-Jan-2011.