Passport Req..
Aug 22 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 24 2011
LANDED..........
Next Week! =)
kapilkumar said:
Guys,

Today is June 29, 2011. How can it be July 1st 2011 then? It is 07-Jan-2011.
LOL!!

naxas

Dec 6, 2009
tonyind said:
Yes Naxas, It means it will be b/f to the visa officer on 1st July 2011. Uptill when is your medical valid? My CAIPS said 1st May and they took decision on 10th June. But I did see on somebody else..his CAIPS said on 1st June and his PP request came to him on 6th June. So keep fingers crossed and prepared for everything!!
hi tonyind,
On my Caips notes, it says medical expiration date is 30th, July 2011

rsriharry

Jun 30, 2011
Guys:

I have not really contributed much to this forum, but been following it religiously. I am in a dilemma looking for some help (guidance). I recently received my passport back from the Buffalo office with my Visa Stamp. I have until early 2012 to land in Canada (AINP).

I am currently single and thinking of getting married here in the immediate future. The girl is in USA too. I have a few questions

1) Can I land in Canada after my wedding (my application was sent in as Single)? Or Do I need to land in Single status before I get married?

2) What is the procedure for adding her to my application?

3) Can I seek an extension for my landing so I can add her to my application and we can complete the landing process together?

I appreciate your help!

Thanks.

Sri

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi Srihaary,
Here is what i think i would do if i am in your situation.
For #1, Definatly i will do landing as single, then get married , then try to bring spouse on canadian PR.
I will not jeopardize my PR just because i am getting married (still not married before getting visa) , and i think you can bring her as easily as after your PR then before PR but dont know the exact application procedure and time.

For # 2, check online for how to bring spouse if you are PR.
For # 3, I will not do this at all, because your application is already processed and done. If you got married before getting visa that would have been different situation, in this case you would have added her and she would also have gotten visa. but now i think its late.

Thanks

rsriharry said:
Guys:

I have not really contributed much to this forum, but been following it religiously. I am in a dilemma looking for some help (guidance). I recently received my passport back from the Buffalo office with my Visa Stamp. I have until early 2012 to land in Canada (AINP).

I am currently single and thinking of getting married here in the immediate future. The girl is in USA too. I have a few questions

1) Can I land in Canada after my wedding (my application was sent in as Single)? Or Do I need to land in Single status before I get married?

2) What is the procedure for adding her to my application?

3) Can I seek an extension for my landing so I can add her to my application and we can complete the landing process together?

I appreciate your help!

Thanks.

Sri

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
I talked to my immigration lawyer today, and she said having canadian pr should have no effect on my US Green card process later on.
But i am still concerned and worried about coming back on AVR through Toronto airport... any one in the same boat when it comes to AVR?

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
I did my medical on this tuesdsy 28th of june .does any one have idia how long it will take to each it to ottava.

kapilkumar

Jul 14, 2009
United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
18-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
JENNYSEC said:
I did my medical on this tuesdsy 28th of june .does any one have idia how long it will take to each it to ottava.
Check it at your Doctor's office. Some doctors send it the next day they have results and some take more than that. In my case they sent it after 2 weeks and one of my friends was sent very next day Medical was completed.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Back here after some time. I am currently at Canada, came here few weeks ago and so far it is good. Starter to work last week and it is pretty much the same as US. Canada is little expensive espicelly gas and beer but that is small price to pay for the peace of mind. I will update more later

helloO

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2009
Nomination.....
20/04/2010
Med's Request
15/02/2011
Med's Done....
31/03/2011
Passport Req..
22/6/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2011
VAtoCA said:
Back here after some time. I am currently at Canada, came here few weeks ago and so far it is good. Starter to work last week and it is pretty much the same as US. Canada is little expensive espicelly gas and beer but that is small price to pay for the peace of mind. I will update more later
Hi
Congrats,how's the IT jobs market there?
Thanks

gladsgow

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
King80 said:
AINP Guys , if any body interested in "Intermediate/Senior Developer" position in Edmonton, please send me a personal message.

I moved to Alberta May 31st
Can I IM me more info? Thanks.

venks80

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12/11/2009
Nomination.....
01/10/2010
Seniors and the people who are already landed in toronto for ainp.

Iam planning to complete the landing formalities in this month 20th thru Buffalo to toronto.
Can i apply for health card in Toronto also or only in Calgary(alberta)
Could you please help me on this any one .

Thanks,
venks80

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rezendgi said:
Is there any procedure in order to take the rental car from the U.S to Canada and driving back ?
There is no special procedure. Just rent it and tell them you are taking it to Canada. If you are using your own insurance ask your Insurance company to provide you with the Insurance Card that will specify that you are insured in Canada.

It is very common practice to take rented Vehicles to Canada. At the immigration make sure you tell the officer you are landing in Canada and returning to the US.

You will be completing your immigration formalities as a Canadian PR. Where as you will be doing your customs as a vistor, that is how you can take vehicle.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rezendgi said:
Landing on July 1st, anyone on the same boat ??
I dont know about the same boat, but may be at the same airport you will find William and Kate. They were there for the Calgary Stampede.

Do let us know about your landing experience and give me a call if you need any details.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bibo said:
I talked to my immigration lawyer today, and she said having canadian pr should have no effect on my US Green card process later on.
But i am still concerned and worried about coming back on AVR through Toronto airport... any one in the same boat when it comes to AVR?
You dont have to worry about AVR if you have a valid i94 or a I-797 notice. Why do you have to tell the immigration officer about your GC process. At the same time there is no rule that prevents you from applying for Permanant Residence in US and Canada at the same time. Many folks do that.