Med's Request
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
18-02-2011
Passport Req..
02-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
royal148811 could you please accept personal email from this thread members. I am from Seattle area too and would like to get your input on your landing experience. Please advice. You can send a personal message to my inbox so that I can reply. I tryed to send you a message but for some reason can not initiate new message.

Thanks.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
Guys.. did anyone recently imported their car from US to Canada? What is the procedure? Please help me out!!

DILSE

Apr 21, 2009
Landing experience and AVR

Dear Friends,
Here is my experience.

me : from LAX to YYC non-stop flight saturday reached at Calgary 7 : 00 p.m
at immigration I told immigration officer I am landing as a PR today.

officer : do you have goods to follow list ?

me : yes.

officer : welcome to canada, proceed to immigration on your left after collecing your bagaes.

me : thanks

no bags to collecet for me and my wife, starigt to immigration officer.

Immigration officer : good evening

me : G,E, handed passort, COPR, custom forms

I.O : Are you visiting for 3 days only (because I wrote in my custom forms 3 days stay in canada)

me: Yes, renting an appartment and then move permanently,

IO : Do you have address, phone in calgary ?

me : Yes, my brother lives in calgary , handed his addrees and local phone

IO : stamped passport, your PR cards will be in the mail.

me : thanks,

IO : please follow to custom for goods to follow list, try to get your SIN, health card on Monday what time is your return flight on Monday ?

me : 8 :OO P.M , I will try to get both on Monday or later I will move permanently. my goal is to rent apartment this week.

IO : good luck and welcome to canada.

next to custom : stamped goods to follow list and good to go.

rented car at the airport.

we searched Indian cousin near by and had dinner there.

late night check in to motel (11 :00 pm) still sun here.

Next morning we went to down town ,we went to shopping and rest..

Monday : 8 :00 drive to SIN office in down town but computer probles and system shut down for SIN we waited until 10 :00 but no luck so we went to health card application long line there took about 3 hrs applied for health card..

we applied for health card and open bank account with out SIN number.

back to SIN office ( we parked our rental car for full day $23 ) , luck SIN system was backed up by 2:00 p.m applied for SIN got SIN numebrs ( card will be in the mail )

headed to airport after quick subway lunch in downtown .

rturn rented car.

I have hard time with airline person

Air line officer : can i see your visa

me : yes, handed passport

A.O : US visa is expired

me : yes, show him I-797

A.O : this is not visa

me : Sir this is visa

A.O :OK fine with me.

A.O : looked at my spouse's F1 visa and handed I-94 blank form and both boarding passes.

we relaxed little , then thought why he didn't give me one blank I-94 ?

I went back to his counter, he refuse to give me one black I-94 and replied you do not have VISA.

I told him Sir please give me one If I am doing something wrong will see during immigration

A;O : OK, he gave me one black I-94 CARD.

we filled both and headed to border preclearance .

US immigration officer in calgary : are you working in US ? H1 -B

me : yes, haned I-797 ( expire 2014). visa expired in passport , pass port expiring in 1 year NO PROB.

US I.O : Stamped I-94 for 3 years

me : Handed my wife's pass port and thank him for my I-94.

US I.O : you have valid F1 visa but do you have something like I-797 ?

me : I was little suppries but I pull out I-797 ( H4 to F1 approval notice ) showed to I.O and he all set

US I.O : stamped my spouse's I-94 with D/S and we good to go

me : just to make sure , I do not have to go thru immigration in US correct ?

US I.O : Yes, you all set to go in US

me : don't you need finger prints ?

US I.O : ohh i m so sorry, its long day, please do

me : no prob, its long week end must be busy...

US I.O : not that bad but yes it is.. we give finger prints and headed toward gate

AT LAX landed and headed toward my car parking picked up car and came home 12: 00 a.m

over all no problem all set.

thanks to evey one in forms for reading my post.

kapilkumar

Jul 14, 2009
United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
18-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
improper_bostonian, Naxas

Any recent updates?

Are you guys sending emails to NYC visa office? What do they say? Are they even responding?

I sent last email on June 3, 2011 and they have not responded yet.

Is there a way to contact anyone at CIC when your time line exceeds all processing time frame.

Thanks
Kapil

improper_bostonian said:
Hi kapilkumar,
Any updates on your side?
As far as I know, now there are only three people left waiting for PPR from NYC Consulate.
You, me and 'Naxas'. Seems like everybody else got PPR from nyc.

canvan

Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 08
Nomination.....
July
AOR Received.
20-07-2010
File Transfer...
nov 17 2010
Med's Request
20-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Hello all, I received my Passports back with the Immigration Visa, I am landing on 2nd july in calgary. Will it be an issue if i mention that I will be staying for 2 months on the customs form when landing but come back to US in 4 days using AVR? I wanted to put 2 months as i dont want them to ask me to apply for the PR Cards when I permanently move, I just want to get done with and move when I find a job.

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
To DILSE

Congrates for getting thru landing nicely.

It looks like you didn't actually had your belongings with you. What do you put on goods to follow list then? Or does the list contains things you will bring next time?
Thanks

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Re: Landing experience and AVR

Dilse

You rock dude .Congratulations on successful landing. Thank you for putting your experience in such a detailed fashion. Every post that I have seen of AVR is pretty successful,the low points being the airline staff or inexperienced junior American Immigration officer (rare) .Calgary International seems to be handling AVR pretty well.

Just need to keep one's head calm and go on explaining the case untill other experienced staff step in.

Anywaz good luck rest of the way.

Regards
Lights

DILSE said:
Dear Friends,
Here is my experience.

me : from LAX to YYC non-stop flight saturday reached at Calgary 7 : 00 p.m
at immigration I told immigration officer I am landing as a PR today.

officer : do you have goods to follow list ?

me : yes.

officer : welcome to canada, proceed to immigration on your left after collecing your bagaes.

me : thanks

no bags to collecet for me and my wife, starigt to immigration officer.

Immigration officer : good evening

me : G,E, handed passort, COPR, custom forms

I.O : Are you visiting for 3 days only (because I wrote in my custom forms 3 days stay in canada)

me: Yes, renting an appartment and then move permanently,

IO : Do you have address, phone in calgary ?

me : Yes, my brother lives in calgary , handed his addrees and local phone

IO : stamped passport, your PR cards will be in the mail.

me : thanks,

IO : please follow to custom for goods to follow list, try to get your SIN, health card on Monday what time is your return flight on Monday ?

me : 8 :OO P.M , I will try to get both on Monday or later I will move permanently. my goal is to rent apartment this week.

IO : good luck and welcome to canada.

next to custom : stamped goods to follow list and good to go.

rented car at the airport.

we searched Indian cousin near by and had dinner there.

late night check in to motel (11 :00 pm) still sun here.

Next morning we went to down town ,we went to shopping and rest..

Monday : 8 :00 drive to SIN office in down town but computer probles and system shut down for SIN we waited until 10 :00 but no luck so we went to health card application long line there took about 3 hrs applied for health card..

we applied for health card and open bank account with out SIN number.

back to SIN office ( we parked our rental car for full day $23 ) , luck SIN system was backed up by 2:00 p.m applied for SIN got SIN numebrs ( card will be in the mail )

headed to airport after quick subway lunch in downtown .

rturn rented car.

I have hard time with airline person

Air line officer : can i see your visa

me : yes, handed passport

A.O : US visa is expired

me : yes, show him I-797

A.O : this is not visa

me : Sir this is visa

A.O :OK fine with me.

A.O : looked at my spouse's F1 visa and handed I-94 blank form and both boarding passes.

we relaxed little , then thought why he didn't give me one blank I-94 ?

I went back to his counter, he refuse to give me one black I-94 and replied you do not have VISA.

I told him Sir please give me one If I am doing something wrong will see during immigration

A;O : OK, he gave me one black I-94 CARD.

we filled both and headed to border preclearance .

US immigration officer in calgary : are you working in US ? H1 -B

me : yes, haned I-797 ( expire 2014). visa expired in passport , pass port expiring in 1 year NO PROB.

US I.O : Stamped I-94 for 3 years

me : Handed my wife's pass port and thank him for my I-94.

US I.O : you have valid F1 visa but do you have something like I-797 ?

me : I was little suppries but I pull out I-797 ( H4 to F1 approval notice ) showed to I.O and he all set

US I.O : stamped my spouse's I-94 with D/S and we good to go

me : just to make sure , I do not have to go thru immigration in US correct ?

US I.O : Yes, you all set to go in US

me : don't you need finger prints ?

US I.O : ohh i m so sorry, its long day, please do

me : no prob, its long week end must be busy...

US I.O : not that bad but yes it is.. we give finger prints and headed toward gate

AT LAX landed and headed toward my car parking picked up car and came home 12: 00 a.m

over all no problem all set.

thanks to evey one in forms for reading my post.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
LANDED 27/04/2012 RAINBOW BRIDGE BORDER
priya86 said:
Hi Guys,

I am back from Alberta using AVR. Everything worked really good. Me and my spouse landed in middle of the night last week. Went thru' three officers. First one checked our paperwork and directed us to second one. Second again confirmed everything, and gave us the last page of CORP document and welcomed us to canada. Third one stamped our list of accompanying goods and lists of goods to follow. One of each form, he kept it with him and another one gave us as proof. While exiting gave our declaration cards to the officer at the gate. Everybody was soo nice and polite. Approximately 30 mins together from landing to entering in Canada.

Then went to hotel stayed there for 3 days. Second day morning, went to SIN office (got SIN immediately on paper and card will come later in the post), then went to health card office. Finished 2 important tasks. Then went to open the bank account. We had all money in form of traveler's check, thinking that it will get immediately converted to Canadian currency when we will go to the bank. But we were wrong. Traveler's checks are from american express and it will take 1 month to clear out (21 business days). So we have money in account but of no use till next one month. Good a thing that our friend is there, from whom we borrowed the Canadian currency. My advice: dont take travelers check. Take only cash.

Then rented a bachelor apartment for $800.00 (without lease) for my spouse who stayed back. Where lady asked us to provide proof of income or bank statement and $525.00 (security deposit and application fees)

I left for USA. Used AVR without any hassle except one....the immigration officer was very rude. He was may be thinking that he is offering some thing out of his pocket. But, who cares as long as everything worked out. Immigration clearance office for USA is located on the Canadian airport itself. So, custom/immigration clearance was done at the Canadian Airport itself. So, when landed in USA, just headed straight to exit door.

One big difference between americans and canadians. Americans: rude, moody and crazy people. Canadians: Everybody is with smiling faces, polite and friendly.

God's grace We dint apply for Green card of USA.

Thanks all for your great support to making our journey so nice to the stage of freedom. And good luck to you all and see you all in Canada.

Bye Bye.
Alvida

Hi
Hey guys, I need all your advices based on your experience. I am currently on an H! b visa here in the U.S. I had my only stamping from previous employer in my passport but had already expired way back last January 2010. I did not renew it because I was afraid that I will be asked to go back to the Philippines and have it renewed there so currently with my new employer I have a new H1 B visa approved until 2013.
I have applied and was approved for nominee program in Alberta and I just had my medical exam last June 16, 2011. I don’t know what is next after that medical exam and how long but my question is:
1. Once I am approved with my application for permanent residency in canada …do I have to go to specifically to Alberta Canada to do my landing? How long do Ihave to stay there to get my PR or is it needed to wait for my PR before going back to U.S?
2. Since I do not have stamping anymore for my H1 b visa, I only have my I-797 approval and the I-94 which is valid until 2013, will I be able to enter back to the U.S. after landing Canada? Or I need to apply for stamping for my H1 B visa?
3. Does the U.S. immigration in Canada allow me to enter back in the U.S just using my I-94 and I 797 form?
Please help me am confused and scared that I might not be able to come back to U.S. and continue my work to save some money to used for permanent living in Canada at the same time I do not want to lose my chance of becoming permanent resident in Canada.
Do I Need to apply for something before exiting Canada to keep my PR?
Thank you guys….a million thanks
Brian

Canadakumar

Dec 3, 2009
Guys,

I have not informed to AINP or CIC about the birth of my Kid, as i was thinking it would delay the whole process. Could you guys suggest me, if this is going to be a problem? Kid was born at the time of my AINP approval (12/2009). While applying for CIC, i did not mention about the Kid, thinking that it is not appropriate to mention as i did not mention it to AINP. I would really appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks

C

cchabert

Canadakumar said:
Guys,

I have not informed to AINP or CIC about the birth of my Kid, as i was thinking it would delay the whole process. Could you guys suggest me, if this is going to be a problem? Kid was born at the time of my AINP approval (12/2009). While applying for CIC, i did not mention about the Kid, thinking that it is not appropriate to mention as i did not mention it to AINP. I would really appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks
Good Luck! The forms are clear on that

guillej10

Feb 5, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
14-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-09-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
March 15 2011 (NY Office)
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
24-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 24 2011
LANDED..........
Next Week! =)
cchabert said:
Good Luck! The forms are clear on that
LOL good one!

petesampras

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2010
Nomination.....
19/11/2009
AOR Received.
07/02/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10/11/2010 to LA
Med's Request
02/07/2010
Med's Done....
14/07/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
06/01/2011
LANDED..........
03/07/2011
Folks,

I am planning to perform my landing in Calgary in July first week and need some clarifciation on the PR card Photos requirements. Could somebody explain whats going on with new photo requirements for PR card??
What is the best way to address this issue and where to go for new photos??

Thanks,

rajeshindy

Apr 16, 2009
Hi Everybody

Had a question....mine and my wife passports got stamped by NY office was returned. My wife alone would be travelling to calgary to do the immigration formalities. I am the principal applicant. I would be flying to join my wife in calgary at later date ? As my wife is my dependent...can she do the immigration formalities at calgary before i would do mine at later date ? I am asking this question can dependent arrive into canada before the principal applicants ? seniors plss advise.

guillej10

Feb 5, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
14-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-09-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
March 15 2011 (NY Office)
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
24-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 24 2011
LANDED..........
Next Week! =)
rajeshindy said:
Hi Everybody

Had a question....mine and my wife passports got stamped by NY office was returned. My wife alone would be travelling to calgary to do the immigration formalities. I am the principal applicant. I would be flying to join my wife in calgary at later date ? As my wife is my dependent...can she do the immigration formalities at calgary before i would do mine at later date ? I am asking this question can dependent arrive into canada before the principal applicants ? seniors plss advise.
I understand is the principal applicant who should land first in case you are landing separately. If I were you I would call CIC to be sure. Good luck