No
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Pl Urgent !!

I am going to Calgary on 22nd of this month. Going by flight from Austin to Calgary, returning via border using AVR.

So my question is 'Do I need to take care anything while leaving US (ie: in the airport)?' like any stamp in passport while taking flight, etc ?

Anyway I won't surrender my I-94. Please seniors help.

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
tsrikanth said:
Pl Urgent !!

I am going to Calgary on 22nd of this month. Going by flight from Austin to Calgary, returning via border using AVR.

So my question is 'Do I need to take care anything while leaving US (ie: in the airport)?' like any stamp in passport while taking flight, etc ?

same here help, anyone ever get denied to come back on AVR?

justinline

May 19, 2009
tsrikanth said:
Pl Urgent !!

Nothing to take care of while leaving US. Donot surrender any I94s while leaving US. In Austin the airline people may or may not ask for I94 while boarding...tell them you will need them as you are coming back soon using AVR.

guillej10

Feb 5, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
14-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-09-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
March 15 2011 (NY Office)
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
24-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 24 2011
LANDED..........
Next Week! =)
Blomberg said:
I am unable to reply to a private message from KKumar about my reentry into USA. I am posting the experience here. I hope he reads it.
I have a valid H1 stamped in my PP. My reentry into USA was smoothest ever. The USA immigration counters were at Calgary airport itself. There was an area marked as US territory, we entered the area and there was hardly anyone waiting in line. We immediately went to a counter. The officer asked what the purpose of our visit to USA was. I replied that I worked in SFO. 'O I see', and took the I94s from my hand. Examined the visas. Stamp, stamp, stamp 'have a nice trip'. So that was it. Hope this helps.
I have received my SIN and health cards since then. I am still waiting on my PR cards. The PR card timeline has changed from 30 to 34 to 33 and now 40 days. I called up the call center and the lady there told me the cards still show in process. Probably there is no point in calling before 40 days now.
Hello
May I ask how did you apply for the SIN Card and Health Care Card without the PR card? Just out o curiosity because I am living in Canada with WP and I already have a SIN number which will change once my PR arrives but I am looking to switch jobs as soon as I land and for that I will need my new SIN number... Thank you...

C

cchabert

guillej10 said:
Hello
May I ask how did you apply for the SIN Card and Health Care Card without the PR card? Just out o curiosity because I am living in Canada with WP and I already have a SIN number which will change once my PR arrives but I am looking to switch jobs as soon as I land and for that I will need my new SIN number... Thank you...
Hey man are you in Calgary?

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
Has anyone ever get denied to come back to USA using AVR?

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
trsrikanth and Bibo

Please search this thread and you will notice many AVR experiences. You can also search Trackitt for multiple experiences.If you go back in this thread couple of users ( Justinline and some other user...) had a problem of having to convince the officer for a long time.The officer would not get convinced and they were sent to the secondary immigration area where finally senior officers intervened and got it resolved.

AVR is smooth for 90% of the people and is highly dependent on the officer you would get.AVR is not a 100% foolproof way...the border immigration officers have lot of discretionary powers and ultimately they would have to get convinced.
Just to keep you planned sometimes Junior officers will not understand or beleive you have a right to re-enter the usa.You will have to be very patient in explaining your case.In calgary airport there is an secondary immigration area where people will be sent and will have to wait for 2 hrs in turn to talk to the officers...so plan accordingly for your flight times so that you do not miss.

trsrikanth I beleive you will be travelling back by road ....same applies except you will not have the flight missing issue :).

Anywaz good luck and please google the thread...there have been multiple posts and trackitt has a ton of info. I also have an suggestion AVR has been discussed so many times and it would be helpful if the AVR posts are put in the landing thread....so that the attention given to the others still waiting for medicals, passport stamping etc does not get deviated.

Just a suggestion thats all.

Regards
Lights

tsrikanth said:
Pl Urgent !!

bibo said:
Has anyone ever get denied to come back to USA using AVR?

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
PaToAb said:
I have done my medicals on 5th Aug 2010. When I went to NY consulate and talked to Visa Officer, he told me that they have asked Canada office (I don't know what office) to provide extension to my medicals. That will provide more time to them and to me to do landing. (This was the reason they only asked for RPRF and not passport in the email they sent me a day before I went there.) However, I told them that my wife has exam scheduled in canada in mid July and I do not want to get visitors visa at this point of time. I showed him exam appointment letter also. Because of this, I was able to submit our passports and RPRF at that time and hopefully I will have passports back before the exam.
Even though I sent them several emails in the past, they never bothered to let me know in email that they will be able to give me extension of medicals. They only told me that when I visited in person.
Also, I would like to mention that people are not allowed to go to consulate just to check status of application or anything like that. Security at the gate would not allow anyone in the consulate without proper written authorization. I applied for visitors visa for my mother in law and they allowed me to go inside consulate to pick up her passport. After I picked her passport at the window, I explained my PR situation to the lady at the window and she asked me to take a seat and then some other visa officer called me separately to talk about it.

Hope this helps,
Appreciate it.
It was very helpful.

gigi-2010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know if I have to apply for the Health card after landing?

I just plan to stay for several days in calgary, will move there permanently next year. I know I need to pay for $88 per month for the Health card, so I think it would be better for me to apply for it after I move it pernamently.

Thanks.

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
improper_bostonian said:
Around 10th Aug, 2010
Hi kapilkumar,
Any updates on your side?
As far as I know, now there are only three people left waiting for PPR from NYC Consulate.
You, me and 'Naxas'. Seems like everybody else got PPR from nyc.

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Gigi

No it is not an absolute requirement.You can apply for it when you permanently move.I would recommend getting the SIN though since it is absolutely necessary to do an job search ( That's what I was told in the landing thread ) .Since you plan to be in Calgary for several days just get the SIN done on a weekday (offices closed on Weekend ) .

Regards
Lights

gigi-2010 said:
Does anyone know if I have to apply for the Health card after landing?

I just plan to stay for several days in calgary, will move there permanently next year. I know I need to pay for $88 per month for the Health card, so I think it would be better for me to apply for it after I move it pernamently.

Thanks.

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Good morning,

is there really a fee of$88.00 per month for the health card?

lightsinthemist said:
Gigi

No it is not an absolute requirement.You can apply for it when you permanently move.I would recommend getting the SIN though since it is absolutely necessary to do an job search ( That's what I was told in the landing thread ) .Since you plan to be in Calgary for several days just get the SIN done on a weekday (offices closed on Weekend ) .

Regards
Lights

gigi-2010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! Lights

lightsinthemist said:
Gigi

Regards
Lights

C

cchabert

enna said:
Good morning,

is there really a fee of$88.00 per month for the health card?
I dont see where it said $88 per month:

Registration validation requirements for completing an application for Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan coverage
All permanent residents of Alberta must register themselves and their dependants with the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan. A permanent Alberta resident is a person who has the legal right to remain in Canada, makes Alberta his/her permanent home, and is present in Alberta at least six months a year.

In order to process an Application for Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan Coverage, you must include photocopies (front and back, if applicable) of documents proving:

Alberta residency;
Identity; and
Legal entitlement to be in Canada.
Examples of these documents are listed below.

If these documents are not submitted, an application cannot be processed. Please see below for more information.
Do not send originals as we cannot guarantee their safe return.
Acceptable document examples

1. Alberta Residency

Must show name and current Alberta address, which must be the same as on the application –
Current Alberta driver’s licence;
Current Alberta registries ID Card;
Current utility bills for an Alberta residence.

AND

2. Government Issued Photo Identification

Must be government issued identification (ID) which shows your photo, name and birthdate –
Canadian / Non-Canadian passport;
Canadian citizenship card;
Permanent Resident Card;
Federal identification card;
Current Alberta, provincial or territorial driver’s licence.

AND

3. Legal Entitlement to be In Canada

Must be ID which shows your name and birthdate –
Canadian passport;
Canadian citizenship card;
Canadian birth certificate;
Permanent Resident Card;
Canada entry document.

Note: You are not required to provide these documents if you are moving from an active Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan account to another, or are a dependant child.

Application processing
You are not covered for medical services under the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan until all the required information is received and your application is processed. However, any medical services you receive and pay for before your application is processed may be reimbursed once you have your personal health card and can show eligibility for the period when you received the services.

The effective date of your coverage will be determined based on the following:

If you move to Alberta from within Canada your coverage begins the first day of the third month following the date you establish permanent residency here;
For example, if you establish permanent residency in Alberta on July 12, your coverage is effective October 1.
If you move to Alberta from outside of Canada your coverage begins on your date of arrival in Alberta, once all registration validation requirements are met.
If the Application for Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan Coverage is not received within 90 days of the date you arrive and establish permanent residency in Alberta, Alberta Health and Wellness will determine the effective date of your coverage

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Guys I am in Edmonton.

Any one coming to Edmonton?

tsrikanth said:
Pl Urgent !!