+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
lettuce_tomatoes,

Congratulations bro! . I am still waiting for it, i am currently back here on the west coast for a temporary assignment.

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Friends,

It was a long wait and the wait has ended on a nice cheerful note. I got my PPR from Buffalo on Thursday 28th through email. I have till JUN 29th to get my PR visa stamped.

LIghtsinthemist, Joedadreamer, Albertagovernor and all our friends on this forum: thank for the support and the advice and the hand holding.

Joe: Lights and i are waiting to hear good new from you, soon you shall get the PPR.

Lettuce.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I landed through peace bridge yesterday evening. landing was alright. The lady who did the paper work was nice and I dint have enough information on good to be imported , customs lady gave me a paper that I need to fill when I am moving to Canada. unfortunately I told her I was visiting Niagara falls for 2 days and so she didnt ask for any address and attached a copy of COPR in my passport. When traveling by air I need to get a travel document. at least I can take this out of my list. can we call any no and give address to get PR cards?..

she said I am now Canadian and I need to stay 2 yrs in canada to keep pr.

one suggestion : dont land during late evening. some officers seems tired and that might not give you desired results..

any suggestions on applying for pr?

NewHome_Alberta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinoygirl said:
We just landed as immigrant to Calgary under AINP H1b last April 23. We will be returning back to US on May 3 because we need to finish and settle first all our obligations there. May I ask, what address I will put in the PN status update that we need to mail or fax? Is it US address or Canada address? the Canada address is my relative's address.
I have the same question. People who are planning to move later please advise.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
legalcitizen said:
Hi guys,

I landed through peace bridge yesterday evening. landing was alright. The lady who did the paper work was nice and I dint have enough information on good to be imported , customs lady gave me a paper that I need to fill when I am moving to Canada. unfortunately I told her I was visiting Niagara falls for 2 days and so she didnt ask for any address and attached a copy of COPR in my passport. When traveling by air I need to get a travel document. at least I can take this out of my list. can we call any no and give address to get PR cards?..

one suggestion : dont land during late evening. some officers seems tired and that might not give you desired results..

Congrats!!!!!! legalcitizen

Stupid_Cupid

Jan 14, 2010
Hi Guys & legalcitizen,
I did my landing last week but from Rainbow bridge and exact same thing happened to me. You right I think it's fatigue because when I reached border it was around 3 pm and they usually change shift 3:00 to 3:30 and after me all immigration and custom staff was replaced. The lady at border was kind of little rude, she asked me how long you will stay and I said 3 days then she said apply for PR card once you move permenantly .... oooohh. She didn't ask me for anything and finally after all the document verification she asked to sign COPR and you are done. No address, no "Welcome to candada" nothing.... then I asked her how can I travel next time without PR, she said this paper is good for your travel (I knew it) but only by road.... WTF I said I can't drive everytime and here is address where I am going to saty... she said no you need to have your own permenat address to send your PR card...how come one would have permenat address at the first entry... I think they are the most stupid people who don't have common sense and just go by book. So landing was not as good as I was expecting however customs is another story.

while I was in canada I checked CIC locations in toronto and all have there PO box, and I am still wondering how can I apply PR card to CIC as first time lander. I should have asked her there itself but I was really pissed and didn't want to talk to her. Let me know if you find anything or I will update if i get something

legalcitizen said:
Hi guys,

KKumar

Jul 1, 2010
Hi..

I got my PPR today from buffalo today.... I applied to CIC in May 2010.Thanks everyone on this forum...can any one tell me how long it takes to get passport back from buffalo by mail and what is the procedure if i go in person...any information will be highly appericiated...thanks.

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
lettuce_tomatoes, KKumar and others who got PPR, Congrats!!!

Can someone tell me if there are is specification for the medical photos? doctor's office told that they need 3 passport size photos, 2x2 size. can someone confirm if 2x2 will be ok?

Thanks!
Sri

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi No worries..next time if you want to travel by air , you need to go to the nearest Canadian consulate to get another visa stamp(or travel document )by showing your COPR copy and explain that you landed so and so date etc.. then they will stamp your passport and once you arrive in canada then you can request them to mail the PR card. thats what the lady told me..she dint mention anything about time etc.. DONT lose that copy of COPR..interesting thing she mentioned was if you are working for a Canadian company in the US , your stay in the US count as residency requirement.. NICE.. she mentioned that Welcome to Canada! and now you have all the rights of a Resident except you cannot vote..and she said apply for a SIN and you can start working anywhere in CANADA..This Alberta Restriction is not there I think..No person/province/organization has right to stop you working in another province or your growth.

one thing I observed today , everything is expensive in canada compare to US...the good thing is once we have a job , we dont have to worry about anything..but Canada is great country and everything is taken care by the Govt. we only need to find a job....most of us got PR relatively easier and in lesser time compared to US GC.. I think may be thats why we are not excited about Canadian PR.

as per my opinion its simple ..money....no matter how great your life will be in Canada/US .if I cant save money , then there is no point of living 10K miles away from your family..but thats just my view..

Let me know, if you find any thing related to our case..

Stupid_Cupid said:
Hi Guys & legalcitizen,
I did my landing last week but from Rainbow bridge and exact same thing happened to me. You right I think it's fatigue because when I reached border it was around 3 pm and they usually change shift 3:00 to 3:30 and after me all immigration and custom staff was replaced. The lady at border was kind of little rude, she asked me how long you will stay and I said 3 days then she said apply for PR card once you move permenantly .... oooohh. She didn't ask me for anything and finally after all the document verification she asked to sign COPR and you are done. No address, no "Welcome to candada" nothing.... then I asked her how can I travel next time without PR, she said this paper is good for your travel (I knew it) but only by road.... WTF I said I can't drive everytime and here is address where I am going to saty... she said no you need to have your own permenat address to send your PR card...how come one would have permenat address at the first entry... I think they are the most stupid people who don't have common sense and just go by book. So landing was not as good as I was expecting however customs is another story.

while I was in canada I checked CIC locations in toronto and all have there PO box, and I am still wondering how can I apply PR card to CIC as first time lander. I should have asked her there itself but I was really pissed and didn't want to talk to her. Let me know if you find anything or I will update if i get something

murali krishna

Jan 27, 2011
Sri19 said:

Can someone tell me if there are is specification for the medical photos? doctor's office told that they need 3 passport size photos, 2x2 size. can someone confirm if 2x2 will be ok?

Thanks!
Sri
Iam still waiting for medicals. :(. I applied in October 1st week 2010. How about jenny any updates

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Joe. God luck with your new project. Any word from the CIC yet on your PPR?

josephdadreamer said:
lettuce_tomatoes,

Congratulations bro! . I am still waiting for it, i am currently back here on the west coast for a temporary assignment.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sri,

When i did medicals back in September, the doc told us to get 2x2 pics. This is ths standard USA passport photo size, you can take pics any where includin Walmart, Walgreens, Costco.

I recommend Costco

Sri19 said:

Thanks!
Sri

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Group,

I got my PPR last week and need to get my passport submitted to Buffalo. ANy one knows a good place to take PPR specific pictures in Atlanta area?

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
murali krishna said:
Iam still waiting for medicals. :(. I applied in October 1st week 2010. How about jenny any updates
NO NEWS STILL WAITING MURLI KRISNA, BUT WHEN EVER U WILL GET MEDICAL REQUEST PLS. LET ME KNOW THAN I CAN FIGURE OUT TIME LINE FOR MY CASE...THANKS AND GOOD LUCK..

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
lettuce_tomatoes,

Thanks a lot for the information provided. I called doctor's office again today to esquire about the photo specifications. she said 2x2 pics are good enough. Sure, I will get it from Costco.

Please check if the below link works for your PPR photos. I used their service for my CIC application.
I sent them digital passport size pics, they prepared them as per the CIC specs and sent back to me then I printed them at CVS and had cut it myself. actually I could not find anyone who can do it here in VA, so I had to do all that work.

http://www.onlinepassportphoto.com/

Thanks
Sri

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Sri,

When i did medicals back in September, the doc told us to get 2x2 pics. This is ths standard USA passport photo size, you can take pics any where includin Walmart, Walgreens, Costco.

I recommend Costco

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
murali krishna,

You should be getting yours soon in a week or so. I submitted my application in 3rd week of september 2010 and I received my AOR and medicals in 2nd week of April 2011.

Good Luck!

murali krishna said: