+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not Mods, but you can show your intention by giving them AB address or simply telling them you intent to move there after landing. About you situation, you don't need to tell the VO your wife and kid will leave in Ottawa. After landing you can retrun to NYC and they can stay there. Make sure you keep your COPR paper with your passport because if you need to travel to Canada before you get your PR Card (which can take about 2 month) you need it.
albertaorbust said:
Mods,
Can you please tell us how you showed intention to settle in Alberta.

Also I need advise from everybody on the forum.

I'm going to land via Niagara falls crossing on next Saturday with 2 kids & my wife. I have to work at my current job in NYC till end of June.I'll keep my family in Ottawa for next 2 months where i can visit them every weekend ( 7 hr drive from NYC). Then move to Calgary.
Is this a risky move. Or i should fly and land in Calgary where i will be able to see my family only once in next 2 months due to expensive travelling cost.
Should i tell the IO as it is during landing and provide Ottawa address OR give the IO Calgary address for PR card address and live in Ottawa OR just land and live in Calgary. Help me out guys as I have to confirm the apartment lease by Monday.
Thanks

NewHome_Alberta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who have done their landing, did you guys submit the PN Status update?
Is there any time requirement for that?

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
naxas said:
hi, improper_bostonian
Check your personal email.
Hi Naxas,
somehow I'm not able to respond to personal email, it keeps saying 'You are not allowed to send personal messages.' may be I'm doing something wrong.
Anyways, both times I sent email to nyc consulate, I got standard system generated reply back before I got actual reply after a week or so.

'Due to volume of applications, we will only respond to request for
application status if processing period posted on our website has been
exceeded.......'

Blomberg

Apr 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 - 03- 2009
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
Nomination.....
08-01-2010
AOR Received.
10-08-2010
File Transfer...
19-01-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
18-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
23-04-2011
I landed yesterday. Reached Calgary from Seattle at 11.00 PM. First was customs, the person was nice who after learning the purpose of our visiting Canada directed us to the immigration. There were 5 windows open at the immigration. We were immediately called at one of them. The process was smooth. She asked what address we would be living at. I told her we would be staying in a hotel and provided my friend's address, who lives in Edmonton. She stamped passports and returned a copy of the CPR. And so we became Canadian PRs. Next was customs I had form B4 and B4A ready, the person put his comments and put a bar code on the forms. We would be returning back to US after four days. I have a valid H1 stamped and I94.

Now the next biggest question I have is, how do we return to Canada without the PR card? The copy of the CPR returned clearly says 'Not a travel document'. I asked the lady at the immigration about this. She said that me and my wife would need a facilitation visa if we want to return to Canada without PR. And since my daughter is US citizen, she doesn't. This piece of information seems inaccurate, facilitation visa has a totally different purpose. What I found was that we would need a travel document. Anyone returned to Canada after a few days of landing please help on this. Can I apply for this document while in Canada in the next 3 days?

Thanks.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi Bloomberg,

Here are my thoughts:

As a PR of Canada, you can travel to Canada from US using your CPR document by your personal/rental car BUT not by commerical transportation (I.e. Airlines, Bus, Train). If you wish to travel by commerical transportation then you have to apply for "TRAVEL DOCUMENT - Permanent Resident abroad" at one of consulates abroad (i.e in US).

Hope this helps.

Blomberg said:
I landed yesterday. Reached Calgary from Seattle at 11.00 PM. First was customs, the person was nice who after learning the purpose of our visiting Canada directed us to the immigration. There were 5 windows open at the immigration. We were immediately called at one of them. The process was smooth. She asked what address we would be living at. I told her we would be staying in a hotel and provided my friend's address, who lives in Edmonton. She stamped passports and returned a copy of the CPR. And so we became Canadian PRs. Next was customs I had form B4 and B4A ready, the person put his comments and put a bar code on the forms. We would be returning back to US after four days. I have a valid H1 stamped and I94.

Now the next biggest question I have is, how do we return to Canada without the PR card? The copy of the CPR returned clearly says 'Not a travel document'. I asked the lady at the immigration about this. She said that me and my wife would need a facilitation visa if we want to return to Canada without PR. And since my daughter is US citizen, she doesn't. This piece of information seems inaccurate, facilitation visa has a totally different purpose. What I found was that we would need a travel document. Anyone returned to Canada after a few days of landing please help on this. Can I apply for this document while in Canada in the next 3 days?

Thanks.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hello Albertaorbust,

Here are my thoughts:

1. When you are landing at Niagara - use ALBERTA address only. If you do not have an Alberta address, the visa officer will give you a fax number to send your address at a later stage. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE any other province address to avoid unncessary complications or an impression that you do not intend to live in Alberta.

2. Since you are planning to move to Calgary by June end, why do you want to keep your wife and kid in Ottawa. If you have some personal reasons to do so, its absolutely fine. OTHERWISE they can come back to US along with you and you all can move to Calgary for good later.

If you want your family to live in Ottawa for the next two months while you work in NYC, its absolutely fine BUT do not mention/refer it to the VO especially when you are landing in Niagara as Permanent Resident nominee of Alberta.

3. Till you get your PR cards, you cannot travel by air. You can only commute in your personal/rental car by using CPR document.

Hope this helps

albertaorbust said:
Mods,
Can you please tell us how you showed intention to settle in Alberta.

Also I need advise from everybody on the forum.

I'm going to land via Niagara falls crossing on next Saturday with 2 kids & my wife. I have to work at my current job in NYC till end of June.I'll keep my family in Ottawa for next 2 months where i can visit them every weekend ( 7 hr drive from NYC). Then move to Calgary.
Is this a risky move. Or i should fly and land in Calgary where i will be able to see my family only once in next 2 months due to expensive travelling cost.
Should i tell the IO as it is during landing and provide Ottawa address OR give the IO Calgary address for PR card address and live in Ottawa OR just land and live in Calgary. Help me out guys as I have to confirm the apartment lease by Monday.
Thanks

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Ask your Edmonton friend to send you the PR cards when he receives them. If you are not planning to return to Canada within 2 months, you can wait for PRs to reach you and then travel. If you however need to travel before you receive PR cards, then road is the only way to enter without applying for visit visa. I suggest you wait for the PR cards.

Blomberg said:

Thanks.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
I mailed it while in Canada. All the required info is available as soon as you receive your COPRs. My suggestion to all who are intending to land soon is to fill and take it with you and mail/fax when you are in Canada. In case you're wondering what this is, this is a one page doc that we recd when we got the nomination from Alberta that is to be sent to them after we become PRs.

NewHome_Alberta said:
For those who have done their landing, did you guys submit the PN Status update?
Is there any time requirement for that?

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKumar,

nothing happening on my side, address on ecase has been gone since last week, other than that, nothing.... am waiting... ::)

KKumar said:
Hi josephdadreamer and jacarnda...

We have kind of similar timelines..no updates for me....anything happening on your side....???

339pm

Apr 21, 2011
Thank you very much for your help! Your information is very helpful!

Yes, my wife's visa from H1 to H4 is still pending, which makes the whole issue complicated. I also got confirmed with our lawyer that making a visa appointment is not "applying for a visa".

Avalap said:
Hi,

Sorry, I just got confused with your post regarding your wife visa.
Did you mean that her change of visa status from H1 to H4 is pending?

Regarding Cancelling the US Visa appointment, You can either cancel or Re-schedule the visa appointment date without any issues and I don't think it will be classified as " Applied for a new visa which has not yet been issued".
(Mere booking/cancellation of an appointment does not mean that a decision on your application is made by the visa officer).

My wife once had an appointment at US consulate in Ottawa for converting her F1 (OPT) Status to H4 but she re-schedule her visa Appointment to a later date and came back to US on OPT without any hassles.

Hope this helps...

showrisudhir

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-31-2008, 03-25-10(reached CIC)
Doc's Request.
11-20-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-15-2010
Med's Request
07-15-2010
Med's Done....
07-27-2010, Initial Assessment and RPRF on 11/24/10
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
03-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-28-2011
LANDED..........
July 15th 2011
Hi Seniors,

I need help.

Iam going to buffalo on Thrusday for stamping. I took photographs on back the date is not printed.
Do i need to have date on back of the photographs? Could you please help me.

Thanks,
SS.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
showrisudhir said:
Hi Seniors,

I need help.

Iam going to buffalo on Thrusday for stamping. I took photographs on back the date is not printed.

Thanks,
SS.
Take a pen and write the date yourself. You dont have to have it printed. All they want is a selfbacking paper that does not smudge the ink.

hoogirl

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/04/09 (AINP)
Doc's Request.
24/03/2010 (AINP)
Nomination.....
27/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/11/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
13/11/2010
Med's Done....
17/11/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/04/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2011 (In-Person stamping)
LANDED..........
23/06/2011
Actually Buffalo does not insist on the date stamp on the back of photos or does it say so in your instructions? When I went to Buffalo 2 weeks ago I just gave them pictures that I took and printed at home (epassportphotos.com) and didn't write anything on the back. It's the other consulates that insist on it. Just make sure they specifications are correct.
Godspeed.

showrisudhir said:
Hi Seniors,

I need help.

Thanks,
SS.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manny said:
Ask your Edmonton friend to send you the PR cards when he receives them. If you are not planning to return to Canada within 2 months, you can wait for PRs to reach you and then travel. If you however need to travel before you receive PR cards, then road is the only way to enter without applying for visit visa. I suggest you wait for the PR cards.
This is very important if you want to establish ties to Alberta. You need to tell them what is going on with your immigration status.

nothingnew

Dec 3, 2009
Dear Friends,

From where can i get photographs for canadian pr. i tried everywhere walmart, cvs, walgreens, sears but nowhere i could get canadian pr photos. also can we write the date with pen on back of photos, or it has to generated out of camera only.

thanks,
nothingnew