14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Dor52,

I Guess better email them that you are in India and not possible to come to USA for now and ask them what options that you have to complete the Immigration process and basing on their reply , you can take further steps.

Thanks
Virgo
dor52 said:
Guys plz help me out... What should i do regarding my interview in Detroit next month.
I am in India right now and unable to attend due to visa stamping problem. Can my visa be postponed?
This is last stage of my immigration process. I have been called for interview almost 7 months after medical and that too after initial interview waiver .
Anybody from this forum have an idea what should i do now...any help would be appreciated

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Chigirl,

Congrats.Good to hear that you landed successfully . Are you going to settle down there perminently in Canada or going back to UK or India or coming back to US ?

Virgo

chigirl said:
Hi All;

I landed in Calgary yesterday. I flew from New York - Dallas/Ft. Worth- Calgary. Got to Calgary around 1:30 and it took about 45 mins to get through immigration (only because there were a lot of people).

The IO asked me the usual questions. How much money I was bringing etc. I told him the dollar amount, and he noted it down. He did not however ask to see my bank statements. He asked for an address in Calgary. I told him I did not have one yet, as I would be staying in a hotel for the first week or so till I find an apartment. He said that's fine, but should call as soon as I get an address and let them know where to send the PR card. Everything went fine; no issues.

Today morning, I went to a Canada Services centre and got my SIN number, and also opened a bank account at TD bank.

My advice to those who are moving is to bring your car along. Public transportation is not the greatest around here. Other than that everything going well so far.

And good luck to everybody who is still waiting for their ppr.

-c

dor52

Apr 20, 2011
virgo said:
Dor52,

I Guess better email them that you are in India and not possible to come to USA for now and ask them what options that you have to complete the Immigration process and basing on their reply , you can take further steps.

Thanks
Virgo
Thanx virgo for ur reply. I am going to email them about current circumstances.
Did anyone in the past go through similar situation and what are the possible consequences i am going to get? Just want to have an idea. Actually i am quite worried. Anyways hoping for good.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hello Friends,

Today I got my CAIPS notes and here is something which I thought you should be aware of.

All our email communications to CIC and the replies that we get from them are referenced in our file(s) in CAIPS (CIC's Computer system).

In my case, From medicals to Passport Request stage (Approx. 9 months) , I sent three status enquiry emails and all of them were mentioned in my CAIPS file.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck !!!!

venks80

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12/11/2009
Nomination.....
01/10/2010
Hi Mods,
Congrats on your smooth landing expeience, i have a quick question for you, do you mean u did the landing formalities only in toranto or went to Alberta also .
Please respond.
Thanks
venks80

Mods777 said:
Guys,

I landed last week via Peace Bridge and things went pretty smooth. Following is my experience:

Started Saturday early morning like 5 AM from NJ and reached peace bridge around 11 AM. I crossed he bridge and reached the canadian border. The officer asked me general questions like how much money you have and all those things. I was then sent to another building to complete the landing papers. The officer was new and he didn't really know all the steps so he was getting guidance from Seniors. Infact he was not able to save my data on the computer too and went back and forth. Due to this we had to wait for an hour or so. Once that was done he asked me for an address in Canada and I Gave him Calgary address. He then asked for phon numbers. To my surprise he gave us back the first page of COPR as they are supposed to give us th copy. Anyways I asked him about the PR cards and he asked another officer on which they realized the first page with photos should be kept by them. He gave me th copy of that page. I asked him again if he wants to stamp my passport and he said oh yes I forgot (that was scary and funny too) but then he stamped our passport and we moved toward the custom line. The custom officer looked at goods to follow list and said I have kept it a very high level and need to be more specific so he asked me to submit the papers aftwards. I asked about my car and he said car can also be done later as its in their record I used my car to land. Anyways my customs paper didn't get submitted and I dont want to make it a fuss as I am not planning to take things from here especially it would be more expensive to move as compared to buying new stuff. Once done I moved towards Toronto. On Monday I went to service Canada and applied SIN for myself and family.

While coming back on Wednesday I was using AVR and used Queenston bridge it was pretty smooth my passport and I-94 were being looked at and I was asked the purpose of my trip to which I said landing and I was good to go in 2 mins.

Seniors - Can anyone please advise how long does it take for PR cards to come as officer there told me it takes 9-12 months. Also did anybody recieved PR who landed earlier this year. Any thoughts on good to follow list ?

Please advise.

Thanks

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
I did landing in Toronto but showed my intention to permanently settle in Alberta.

venks80 said:
Hi Mods,
Congrats on your smooth landing expeience, i have a quick question for you, do you mean u did the landing formalities only in toranto or went to Alberta also .
Please respond.
Thanks
venks80

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Avalap,

Did the VO forward date make sense with CAIPS notes? I was just curious because i also ordered CAIPS note's last month.

Thanks,
Joseph

Avalap said:
Hello Friends,

Today I got my CAIPS notes and here is something which I thought you should be aware of.

All our email communications to CIC and the replies that we get from them are referenced in our file(s) in CAIPS (CIC's Computer system).

In my case, From medicals to Passport Request stage (Approx. 9 months) , I sent three status enquiry emails and all of them were mentioned in my CAIPS file.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck !!!!

KKumar

Jul 1, 2010
Hi josephdadreamer and jacarnda...

We have kind of similar timelines..no updates for me....anything happening on your side....???

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi Joseph,
Since I received the CAIPS notes after my PR visa was issued,the only (FILE BF'D TO) Bring Forward Date I am seeing is RET ON 17-03-2013 and all the other FILE BF'D TO field's are blank.

Thanks

josephdadreamer said:
Avalap,

Did the VO forward date make sense with CAIPS notes? I was just curious because i also ordered CAIPS note's last month.

Thanks,
Joseph

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Thanks for sharing.

Avalap said:
Hi Joseph,
Since I received the CAIPS notes after my PR visa was issued,the only (FILE BF'D TO) Bring Forward Date I am seeing is RET ON 17-03-2013 and all the other FILE BF'D TO field's are blank.

Thanks

339pm

Apr 21, 2011
Hi,

I'm a newbie here, and learned a lot from previous posts in this thread. I have a question and don't know if senior gurus like Alberta Governor or lightsinthemist can give some help. Thank you very much in advance!

Here is our situation:
  • We need landing before July, and We plan to land in June. I have a valid I-797 with the I-94 at the bottom, based on some previous posts in this thread, I know I'm eligible for AVR by road or by air.
  • My wife applied H4 to H1 two months ago and it's still pending. If my wife's H4 visa is approved by then, then everything should be fine.
  • However, if it's still pending by then, then she's not eligible for AVR. Thus, she need apply for visa in Canada.
We wonder if we need to make an appointment with the US consulate in Canada now so that she can apply for visa in time if her H4 visa is still pending by then. However, we don't know IF:
  • we get her H4 approval before June
  • we make a visa appointment but didn't go or cancel the appointment because the H4 is approved
Will it still be categorized as "Applied for a new visa which has not yet been issued;" so that she can NOT use AVR?

I know it's complicated and probably not many people has similar experience, but I wonder if gurus in this forum can provide some suggestions. Thank you.

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Hi Mods,

How did you show your intention to settle in Alberta?

Mods777 said:
I did landing in Toronto but showed my intention to permanently settle in Alberta.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi,

Sorry, I just got confused with your post regarding your wife visa.
Did you mean that her change of visa status from H1 to H4 is pending?

Regarding Cancelling the US Visa appointment, You can either cancel or Re-schedule the visa appointment date without any issues and I don't think it will be classified as " Applied for a new visa which has not yet been issued".
(Mere booking/cancellation of an appointment does not mean that a decision on your application is made by the visa officer).

My wife once had an appointment at US consulate in Ottawa for converting her F1 (OPT) Status to H4 but she re-schedule her visa Appointment to a later date and came back to US on OPT without any hassles.

Hope this helps...

339pm said:
Hi,

I'm a newbie here, and learned a lot from previous posts in this thread. I have a question and don't know if senior gurus like Alberta Governor or lightsinthemist can give some help. Thank you very much in advance!

Here is our situation:
  • We need landing before July, and We plan to land in June. I have a valid I-797 with the I-94 at the bottom, based on some previous posts in this thread, I know I'm eligible for AVR by road or by air.
  • My wife applied H4 to H1 two months ago and it's still pending. If my wife's H4 visa is approved by then, then everything should be fine.
  • However, if it's still pending by then, then she's not eligible for AVR. Thus, she need apply for visa in Canada.
We wonder if we need to make an appointment with the US consulate in Canada now so that she can apply for visa in time if her H4 visa is still pending by then. However, we don't know IF:
  • we get her H4 approval before June
  • we make a visa appointment but didn't go or cancel the appointment because the H4 is approved
Will it still be categorized as "Applied for a new visa which has not yet been issued;" so that she can NOT use AVR?

I know it's complicated and probably not many people has similar experience, but I wonder if gurus in this forum can provide some suggestions. Thank you.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
virgo said:
Hi Mods,

How did you show your intention to settle in Alberta?
Mods,
Can you please tell us how you showed intention to settle in Alberta.

Also I need advise from everybody on the forum.

I'm going to land via Niagara falls crossing on next Saturday with 2 kids & my wife. I have to work at my current job in NYC till end of June.I'll keep my family in Ottawa for next 2 months where i can visit them every weekend ( 7 hr drive from NYC). Then move to Calgary.
Is this a risky move. Or i should fly and land in Calgary where i will be able to see my family only once in next 2 months due to expensive travelling cost.
Should i tell the IO as it is during landing and provide Ottawa address OR give the IO Calgary address for PR card address and live in Ottawa OR just land and live in Calgary. Help me out guys as I have to confirm the apartment lease by Monday.
Thanks