20-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
congrats to u, hopefully i get them by end of this month, thanks man
lightsinthemist said:
Canvan

I had posted originally too and you might have missed my post.I got asked by Buffalo to resubmit my FBI certs for the third time after they rejected two earlier ones dated March 2010 and July 2010.In March 2011 they accepted my FBI certs dated Dec 2010 .Just hang in there you will get it as well.

Also you might have noticed the FBI processing time has reduced to 6 weeks on their website.People are getting it soon enough.

Today got my passport request , you will get it as well.

Good luck

Lights

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
naxas said:
Hi, improper_bostonian
Not yet, did you?
Hi Naxas,
no reply yet.
In fact, I sent another email (a month after initial email I sent) asking for the update.
But they keep singing the same song (your application is ready for final review... blah blah blah).
Also this time they asked me not to send any further email asking for status update.

naxas

Dec 6, 2009
improper_bostonian said:
Hi Naxas,
no reply yet.
In fact, I sent another email (a month after initial email I sent) asking for the update.
But they keep singing the same song (your application is ready for final review... blah blah blah).
Also this time they asked me not to send any further email asking for status update.
hi, improper_bostonian
Check your personal email.

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
As you wish not to continue on this, neither I - Peace.

You got a very good news than this, a heartful congrats to you and your family on your PPR. Along with Lettuce and Joseph, I was also in the same boat. Would like to join you guys for sure, am planning to move Calgary by next month end or early June. Hope Calgary summer welcome us!

lightsinthemist said:
Calgary2010

It is not a question of intrepretation .If it were so every multinational manager could file for 150 different PR cards in 150 countries and stay one year in all of them.

USCIS has the following memo and many other Immigration forums have posts,including an user in this thread who posted his landing experience where the CBP officer lets you know you cannot keep both.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3f443a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=3f443a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

"Move to another country intending to live there permanently
Remain outside of the United States for more than 1 year without obtaining a reentry permit or returning resident visa. However, in determining whether your status has been abandoned, any length of absence from the United States may be considered, even if less than 1 year"

1.7th Yr extensions when based on pending Labour applications are tied to the Labour application being alive.

2.Possessing the Canandian PR means you intend to live in Canada and if you do not you will anyhow not be meeting the residency requirements for Canada. Any alert officer will notice that and it will put the 7th yr extension and GC appplication in jeopardy. Better to keep the story straight and also the H1 extension papers have questions about Labour filing status and also immigration to other countries.

Anywaz I do not wish to lengthen this topic. Bibo please consult a good lawyer and also look at other forums where people have posted their experiences.

Regards
Lights

InEdm

Star Member
Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011 Detroit
Med's Request
20-11-2010
Med's Done....
05-12-2010
Passport Req..
18-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent..
Please advice.

1. I have been asked to submit PCC from Saudi Arabia ? Is there a way to get it fast or any other suggestion.

2. How to contact Ottawa because they asked for some additional medical information for spouse and I havn't received any communication from Ottawa in this regard.

Thanks for any help.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Guys,

I landed last week via Peace Bridge and things went pretty smooth. Following is my experience:

Started Saturday early morning like 5 AM from NJ and reached peace bridge around 11 AM. I crossed he bridge and reached the canadian border. The officer asked me general questions like how much money you have and all those things. I was then sent to another building to complete the landing papers. The officer was new and he didn't really know all the steps so he was getting guidance from Seniors. Infact he was not able to save my data on the computer too and went back and forth. Due to this we had to wait for an hour or so. Once that was done he asked me for an address in Canada and I Gave him Calgary address. He then asked for phon numbers. To my surprise he gave us back the first page of COPR as they are supposed to give us th copy. Anyways I asked him about the PR cards and he asked another officer on which they realized the first page with photos should be kept by them. He gave me th copy of that page. I asked him again if he wants to stamp my passport and he said oh yes I forgot (that was scary and funny too) but then he stamped our passport and we moved toward the custom line. The custom officer looked at goods to follow list and said I have kept it a very high level and need to be more specific so he asked me to submit the papers aftwards. I asked about my car and he said car can also be done later as its in their record I used my car to land. Anyways my customs paper didn't get submitted and I dont want to make it a fuss as I am not planning to take things from here especially it would be more expensive to move as compared to buying new stuff. Once done I moved towards Toronto. On Monday I went to service Canada and applied SIN for myself and family.

While coming back on Wednesday I was using AVR and used Queenston bridge it was pretty smooth my passport and I-94 were being looked at and I was asked the purpose of my trip to which I said landing and I was good to go in 2 mins.

Seniors - Can anyone please advise how long does it take for PR cards to come as officer there told me it takes 9-12 months. Also did anybody recieved PR who landed earlier this year. Any thoughts on good to follow list ?

Please advise.

Thanks

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Joseph bro I really pray you get it soon and then you can finally make your kid happy and all of us can have a big get together on the other side.

Keep up the good fight.You are close.
josephdadreamer said:
@ lightsinthemist , Congratulations Bro!
@ Lettuce, Hope to hear from them soon.

Thanks for understanding Calgarly 2010 and thank you for the wishes.More the merrier .I wish you the very best too and hope you get it soon as well.

calgary2010 said:
As you wish not to continue on this, neither I - Peace.

You got a very good news than this, a heartful congrats to you and your family on your PPR. Along with Lettuce and Joseph, I was also in the same boat. Would like to join you guys for sure, am planning to move Calgary by next month end or early June. Hope Calgary summer welcome us!

dor52

Apr 20, 2011
Hi everyone.. I am new to this forum.This is my first post. I have been a passive reader these days . I must say members of this forum are very helpful. I have a problem regarding my interview scheduled at Detroit. I am in India now and wont be able to make it to the interview . What should i do? Can my interview be postponed? I need your suggestions . Please help me out.. :mad:

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mods, Glad your landing went smooth. About the PR Card, currently the processing time is 33 Business Days so you should get it by early June. I got mine last week (after 32 business days).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Mods777 said:
Guys,

I landed last week via Peace Bridge and things went pretty smooth. Following is my experience:

Started Saturday early morning like 5 AM from NJ and reached peace bridge around 11 AM. I crossed he bridge and reached the canadian border. The officer asked me general questions like how much money you have and all those things. I was then sent to another building to complete the landing papers. The officer was new and he didn't really know all the steps so he was getting guidance from Seniors. Infact he was not able to save my data on the computer too and went back and forth. Due to this we had to wait for an hour or so. Once that was done he asked me for an address in Canada and I Gave him Calgary address. He then asked for phon numbers. To my surprise he gave us back the first page of COPR as they are supposed to give us th copy. Anyways I asked him about the PR cards and he asked another officer on which they realized the first page with photos should be kept by them. He gave me th copy of that page. I asked him again if he wants to stamp my passport and he said oh yes I forgot (that was scary and funny too) but then he stamped our passport and we moved toward the custom line. The custom officer looked at goods to follow list and said I have kept it a very high level and need to be more specific so he asked me to submit the papers aftwards. I asked about my car and he said car can also be done later as its in their record I used my car to land. Anyways my customs paper didn't get submitted and I dont want to make it a fuss as I am not planning to take things from here especially it would be more expensive to move as compared to buying new stuff. Once done I moved towards Toronto. On Monday I went to service Canada and applied SIN for myself and family.

While coming back on Wednesday I was using AVR and used Queenston bridge it was pretty smooth my passport and I-94 were being looked at and I was asked the purpose of my trip to which I said landing and I was good to go in 2 mins.

Seniors - Can anyone please advise how long does it take for PR cards to come as officer there told me it takes 9-12 months. Also did anybody recieved PR who landed earlier this year. Any thoughts on good to follow list ?

Please advise.

Thanks

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Thanks VA2CA. I just looked at the site and it changed to 35 business day today, hopefully I get it by then.

VAtoCA said:
Mods, Glad your landing went smooth. About the PR Card, currently the processing time is 33 Business Days so you should get it by early June. I got mine last week (after 32 business days).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
lightsinthemist and Mods Congrats.

Virgo

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Hi All;

I landed in Calgary yesterday. I flew from New York - Dallas/Ft. Worth- Calgary. Got to Calgary around 1:30 and it took about 45 mins to get through immigration (only because there were a lot of people).

The IO asked me the usual questions. How much money I was bringing etc. I told him the dollar amount, and he noted it down. He did not however ask to see my bank statements. He asked for an address in Calgary. I told him I did not have one yet, as I would be staying in a hotel for the first week or so till I find an apartment. He said that's fine, but should call as soon as I get an address and let them know where to send the PR card. Everything went fine; no issues.

Today morning, I went to a Canada Services centre and got my SIN number, and also opened a bank account at TD bank.

My advice to those who are moving is to bring your car along. Public transportation is not the greatest around here. Other than that everything going well so far.

And good luck to everybody who is still waiting for their ppr.

-c

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
No, i did not apply for SIN. My flight was relatively early in the morning. Therefor, i was not sure if i can apply for SIN and catch the return flight in timely fashion.

On your second question - Are you trying to ask if they are processing my PR card? I will say yes.

Thanks

enna said:
Hi Canadatryingguy,

are you able to apply for SIN?

Did they process your PR?

thanks

dor52

Apr 20, 2011
Guys plz help me out... What should i do regarding my interview in Detroit next month.
I am in India right now and unable to attend due to visa stamping problem. Can my visa be postponed?
This is last stage of my immigration process. I have been called for interview almost 7 months after medical and that too after initial interview waiver .
Anybody from this forum have an idea what should i do now...any help would be appreciated