ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have not heard any updated eiter

Mods777 said:
Its myself,Bibio, Josephdadreamer,chigirl and others also who may be checking on this forum.

so I guess 10-15% of the population on this forum are stuck in buffalo.

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
count me on the same boat!

lettuce_tomatoes said:
i have not heard any updated eiter

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Sorry Jxyj01, I did not check the inbox, I have replied back now.
jxyj01 said:
hello Calgary 2010, i sent you a pvt message. check your inbox.

what_a_joke

Sep 24, 2009
Guys,

I received a Passport request this evening from the Canadian Consulate General, Seattle. I am supposed send passport within 30 days.
It states the following
----------
You must also submit the following item(s) with your passport(s).
- Updated letter of reference from the employer that nominated you, dated within the last two weeks, confirming your current and ongoing employment.

Please note: If you are no longer employed by the employer that nominated you, then you must notify this office prior to submitting your passport(s).

------

The concern I have is that my AINP nomination was not based on the employment. No employer nominated me. Nomination was based on my H1b visa status in the USA though the special U.S. Visa Holder Category for AINP. I was never employeed with any Canadian Employer. My H1b status is still valid in USA and I work with a US employer.

Has anyone received similar passport request with this statement? what does this mea? I am totally confused with this.

Also does any one know if there is any way to request more time to submit the passport. The reason is that my wife and son are in India with their passports and they have an appointment for H4 visa on Feb 10th. So I am in a kind of sticky situation right now.

appreciate all the comments and suggestion anyone might have,

thanks,

jovan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2009
what_a_joke said:
Guys,

I received a Passport request this evening from the Canadian Consulate General, Seattle. I am supposed send passport within 30 days.
It states the following
----------
- Updated letter of reference from the employer that nominated you, dated within the last two weeks, confirming your current and ongoing employment.

Please note: If you are no longer employed by the employer that nominated you, then you must notify this office prior to submitting your passport(s).

------

The concern I have is that my AINP nomination was not based on the employment. No employer nominated me. Nomination was based on my H1b visa status in the USA though the special U.S. Visa Holder Category for AINP. I was never employeed with any Canadian Employer. My H1b status is still valid in USA and I work with a US employer.

Has anyone received similar passport request with this statement? I am totally confused with this.
Also does any one know if there is any way to request more time to submit the passport.
thanks,
Why don't you send them an email ASAP detailing what you just stated and see what feedback they give you?

what_a_joke

Sep 24, 2009
Yes, I am sending them an email right now, however its Friday and I wont hear anything from them until Monday evening, so just want to get any information prior to that if possible.

jovan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2009
what_a_joke said:
Yes, I am sending them an email right now, however its Friday and I wont hear anything from them until Monday evening, so just want to get any information prior to that if possible.
My advice will be to wait to get a direct response from the consulate in Seattle. Don't worry. You have 30 days and hopefully they will send you a response as soon as possible.

what_a_joke

Sep 24, 2009
jovan,

thanks much for your reply. the reason i am a bit worried is that my wife and son are in India with their passports and they have an appointment for H4 visa on Feb 10th at Mumbai consulate. So basically I need to produce passports at 2 different consulates in a very short period of time.

Do you know if there is any way to request more time to submit the passport. So I am in a kind of sticky situation right now.

thanks again,

jovan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2009
what_a_joke said:
jovan,

thanks much for your reply. the reason i am a bit worried is that my wife and son are in India with their passports and they have an appointment for H4 visa on Feb 10th at Mumbai consulate. So basically I need to produce passports at 2 different consulates in a very short period of time.

Do you know if there is any way to request more time to submit the passport. So I am in a kind of sticky situation right now.

thanks again,
I don't know if requesting more time is an option offered by the consulate.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
what_a_joke said:
jovan,

thanks again,
You should explain you're situation, and definitely make an attempt to ask for more time. I know of at least one person who got an extension. However, having said that, this was over a year ago, when things were much better, and CIC was issuing pprs within a couple of months of medical request. Of late since CIC has been pushing the ppr dates closer to medical expiration dates, they have reduced the time for visa stamping from 60 to 30 days.

They may or may not give you an extension, but you should definitely try.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hi,
a. Get your wife and son fly back to US as soon as they get their passports back from Mumbai consulate. If this takes more $$, spend it! It is worth it.
b. Meanwhile email Consulate seeking explanation wrt employment letter and also let them know that your family is traveling; expected to return to US in three or four weeks and if you can get more time to submit passport. Now, dont wait for their response to do a. Plan and execute it anyways.
c. Did they give you the option to submit PP in person? If yes, and if you are close to Seattle make the trip to Canadian consulate after your folks return even if it is close to the end of the 30 day period.

Best of luck.

what_a_joke said:
Guys,

It states the following
----------

------

Has anyone received similar passport request with this statement? what does this mea? I am totally confused with this.

Also does any one know if there is any way to request more time to submit the passport. The reason is that my wife and son are in India with their passports and they have an appointment for H4 visa on Feb 10th. So I am in a kind of sticky situation right now.

thanks,

what_a_joke

Sep 24, 2009
thanks for your reply manny,,

thats exactly what I am planning to do. however, the only issue i see is if there is any problem with my wife's h4 stamping, it will be almost impossible to get them back to US in time. Though I work for a reputed US company here in US, recently there have been tons of cases of H4 visa delays at all the US consulates in india.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that hopefully my wife will get her H4 stamped on the same day so that I can get them back to US in next week or so..

thanks again

US2IND2CAN

Nov 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-3-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
3-6-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
3-6-2010
Med's Done....
8-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3-6-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2011
LANDED..........
22-4-2011
what_a_joke said:
Guys,

It states the following
----------

------

thanks,
Find out if you can reschedule your wife's US visa appointment. Get them back into US and then submit the passport. 30 days are enough for you to do all this, so do not worry. You can send your passport even on the 28th day, so take it easy. H4 visas are not always a problem, do not think negatively.

About employment reference letter, do send an inquiry for clarification and also have a cover letter put together to send along with passport, in case they do not reply to your email.

There is nothing to worry according to me, it will take some time to get your wife back and till then you will have butterflies in your stomach.

Goodluck,

MK