+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Murali,

going by the present speed of the CIC processing you will have considerable wait time. I know someone who sent his application in August 2010 and have not yet got AOR/Medical request. This should give you a rough idea of how much time it will take for CIC to issue you the AOR/Medical request.

Sorry for being the one to deliver you the not so flavorful news.

Lettuce.

murali krishna said:
Hi Any body are in same boat like me.I applied to CIC in October 1st week.My check cashed in 12/31/10 and Iam waiting for AOR/Medicals

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
Any one from California planning to move to Calgary in Feb or March? I was wondering that if someone is moving, we can team up and rent one large UPACK or Uhal to save expenses. Just throwing this idea out there.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avalap said:
Hey Dear_Pnp,

My file was transferred on Oct22, 2010 to NY consulate. I recieved an email to pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) on Nov 22, 2010.
I contacted the consulate in December 2010 and I am told that my file is in final stages of review by Immigration officer.
As of today, I am still eagerly waiting to receive PPR.

Hope my timeline helps you understand the approx. time for PPR from NY consulate.

Thanks
Hey Avalap,

Man thats quite a long time, Oct 22nd. You should have got it by now. Whats the hold, do you know something. Did you try to contact them? What did they say?

Some of them whose files transferred on dec 14, dec 7 or so they already got their passports back with visas stamped.

Mine was transferred on dec 2nd and I havent heard anything till now. Nothing. I already paid RPRF with the initial application.

How is this queue being followed? I am so waiting to get my ppr request constantly checking my emails and my mail box. This is driving me crazy and I cant concentrate at work.

Be in touch bro.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jxyj01 said:
Any one from California planning to move to Calgary in Feb or March? I was wondering that if someone is moving, we can team up and rent one large UPACK or Uhal to save expenses. Just throwing this idea out there.
Guys this sounds like a good idea. You can rent Uhaul/Penkse and share the drive between 2-3 people. It sure will work out economical.

When it comes to UPack it might not work out cheaper if you have two locations for pickup. Anyways you guys should take quotes from different places and compare them.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Which consulate your file is in?.

dear_pnp said:
Hey Avalap,

Man thats quite a long time, Oct 22nd. You should have got it by now. Whats the hold, do you know something. Did you try to contact them? What did they say?

Some of them whose files transferred on dec 14, dec 7 or so they already got their passports back with visas stamped.

Mine was transferred on dec 2nd and I havent heard anything till now. Nothing. I already paid RPRF with the initial application.

How is this queue being followed? I am so waiting to get my ppr request constantly checking my emails and my mail box. This is driving me crazy and I cant concentrate at work.

Be in touch bro.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi Dear_Pnp,

I contacted NY Consulate via email on Jan10, 2010 and I was told that my file was in final stage of processing.
Its been more than 3 months that my file was transferred to NYC. Its true that the timeline is unpredictable and the wait unbearable.

Hopefully, some good news dawns in the next few weeks. Given the current situation, Patience is the name of the game i am engaged in.

dear_pnp said:
Hey Avalap,

Man thats quite a long time, Oct 22nd. You should have got it by now. Whats the hold, do you know something. Did you try to contact them? What did they say? Some of them whose files transferred on dec 14, dec 7 or so they already got their passports back with visas stamped.
How is this queue being followed? I am so waiting to get my ppr request constantly checking my emails and my mail box. This is driving me crazy and I cant concentrate at work. Be in touch bro.

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
None here either
josephdadreamer said:
Hi Mods,

No updates on my end. :(

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Its myself,Bibio, Josephdadreamer,chigirl and others also who may be checking on this forum.

so I guess 10-15% of the population on this forum are stuck in buffalo.

Grey Goose said:
Hello,

How many applicants with medicals done in July waiting for PPR from Buffalo yet ?

kv_ajay

Star Member
Feb 7, 2009
Way too many...! and these are the people who followed process and waited for FBI security clearance to arrive rather than sending the documents ahead of time in Jan 2010.

No one acted upon anybody's advice but it sure makes people advising to follow the process look bad counselors.

Just wait or get an offer from Alberta..those are the only things you can do at the moment..

viper

Dec 11, 2009
Hi Mods,

Like you, I also submitted my application to CIC w/o my FBI fingerprints. Do you think that's one the reasons why your file hasn't been transferred? I've been really following your progress because once you get your PPR, I could somehow stop worrying about my case :)

V

Mods777 said:
Its myself,Bibio, Josephdadreamer,chigirl and others also who may be checking on this forum.

so I guess 10-15% of the population on this forum are stuck in buffalo.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
kv_ajay said:
Way too many...! and these are the people who followed process and waited for FBI security clearance to arrive rather than sending the documents ahead of time in Jan 2010.

No one acted upon anybody's advice but it sure makes people advising to follow the process look bad counselors.

Just wait or get an offer from Alberta..those are the only things you can do at the moment..
Exactly. We followed the rules and now we are paying for it.
Its been more than 6 months since our medicals, and depending on if and when they decide to issue our ppr we might not have enough time to get our passports stamped and complete our landing. If you've noticed, consulates like New York are giving just 30 days (as opposed to LA's 60 days) to get our passports stamped; making it difficult for some of us who are outside the country.

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
I don think that should be the case as there are many whose FBIs were sent later but still got PPR or got their visa stamped. I think we are stuck in on of the following:

- Either Security Clearances is pending for us
- Buffalo VOs have put in our file as everything was complete and are not getting a chance to get back on our cases.
- Our file is lying somewhere in the stack down which nobody is looking at. (as this is most common in IMmigration systems but sending a case specific inquiry only gives us a standard response saying file is in process.)

Any thoughts ?

viper said:
Hi Mods,

Like you, I also submitted my application to CIC w/o my FBI fingerprints. Do you think that's one the reasons why your file hasn't been transferred? I've been really following your progress because once you get your PPR, I could somehow stop worrying about my case :)

V

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mods777 said:
I don think that should be the case as there are many whose FBIs were sent later but still got PPR or got their visa stamped. I think we are stuck in on of the following:

- Either Security Clearances is pending for us
- Buffalo VOs have put in our file as everything was complete and are not getting a chance to get back on our cases.
- Our file is lying somewhere in the stack down which nobody is looking at. (as this is most common in IMmigration systems but sending a case specific inquiry only gives us a standard response saying file is in process.)

Any thoughts ?
Only one point of the above three makes sense and is more realistic i.e. security clearances are pending for those whose files are still in buffalo. There is no point in transferring those files to local CIC offices as they just have to sit there anyways until the clearances are received. Doesn't matter if they sit at buffalo or local cic offices, transferring at this point will only increase the work load. They wont get processed further anyways.

If you see trackitt, he submitted application on Apr 26 and his file got transferred on Jan 26. Where as people who got their AORs near his timeline had their files transferred in Dec. Its just to generalize, although we cannot take this one particular case to come to a conclusion.

Other statements like VOs are not getting time or chance to look or file is lying somewhere in the stack are just untrue rumors. Thats not the case at all, not at all.

I mean you guys should look for atleast 5 to 6 months now to do your landing. If you are lucky, april can be a possibility.

Dear.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
I mean you guys should look for atleast 5 to 6 months now to do your landing. If you are lucky, april can be a possibility.

Dear.
My timeline is similar to you guys however my file was transferred from Buffalo to Detroit on Jan 5 and by Jan 21, I got Passport request. I'm not an expert but you guys should be getting Passport request pretty soon as going by the medical date you only have 5-6 months to complete landing.