01-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Request
01-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-08-2010
AlbertaGovernor said:
Ofcourse its a good sign and I was expecting some case transfers or PPR today. Did you read my post from this morning?

All those who have done medicals 6 months or earlier should be getting a PPR or case transfer in the comming weeks.

You will see more and more as the weeks go by.
Thx. How is the software market in Alberta?? I am planning to move to Alberta in either 1st 3 yrs from getting Visa or 3,4,5th yr in getting the visa.

i am working in US on H1 so would be like a start from scratch...

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlbertaGovernor said:
Hey Despo, good to see you back. Everyone is fine here waiting. There were rumors on the forum about someone being detained in jail for for living on once side of the border and working on another side of Rainbow bridge....at the same time you were not posting here for a while so I was concerned if it was you :p
I don't know where your heard the rumor but you can live in one side of the border and work on another side.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lee, NO, i did not receive my son's medicals yet

lee26 said:
Hi Jacaranda,

Congratulations on receiving the medicals for your new born son. Did you receive today..? I hope it is by postal mail..?
Iam in the same boat and waiting for my new born son medicals. I did my medicals earlier.
Appreciate your response.

Thanks
Lee

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
surenderJeet said:
It looks like Detroit consulate is faster then other.

King80, Did you e-case status changed to transfer?
It still says in process, but when i click the link, they have a comment saying my file transeferred to NY

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
DKSCHOWDARY said:
No letter, nothing from Buffalo except AOR & transfer email.

on the other side my friend got that letter, but his file was not transferred.
thats what some of us are trying to find out, whether there is a tend in that or not...
so, far i havent seen any oneposted saying that they got that letter & also got transfered or ppr!!!

Stupid_Cupid

Jan 14, 2010
I agree with procan... those who got letters, definitely there is something which is not right... I am in the same boat too. hope for the best

procan said:
thats what some of us are trying to find out, whether there is a tend in that or not...
so, far i havent seen any oneposted saying that they got that letter & also got transfered or ppr!!!

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
I think you can mail and ask them about the status as your 11 month processing time is almost over as CIC website says "If it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied and your visa office has not contacted you, you may wish to contact the visa office that is processing your application by e-mail, letter or fax. "

Mods777 said:
Its still a mystry how buffalo handles each and every request as I got the request to pay RPRF in October but still no email :(.

Anyways Good Luck!!

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
I tried contacting them and they replied with the standard message saying its in process and they cannot tell me how much time would it take.

Regards

Sinbad said:
I think you can mail and ask them about the status as your 11 month processing time is almost over as CIC website says "If it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied and your visa office has not contacted you, you may wish to contact the visa office that is processing your application by e-mail, letter or fax. "

jackweb_80

Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 22 2009
Nomination.....
Jan 04 2010
AOR Received.
July 30 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Nov 19 2010
Med's Request
July 30 2010
Med's Done....
Aug 15 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb-11-2011
Good Evening everyone

I have following questions for senior members.

(1) We are planning to go to Alberta to complete our landing formalities. Does any one has an idea What document do I need to carry for that?

(2) What document Do I need to re-enter USA. I have expired H1b stamp with my previous company name on it. Am I eligible for AVR? What documents I need for AVR?

(3) My wife came on H4b visa and later she changed her status to H1b visa. Is she eligible for AVR?

(4) Does anybody have an idea Hows MS.Net / Over all IT Market in Calgary? If you provide some consulting company contact Information it would be great.

(5) Has anybody got visa stamped from US Consulate Consulate - Calgary? If yes please share your experience.

Thanks. Enjoy and all the best to all.
Cheers.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VAtoCA said:
I don't know where your heard the rumor but you can live in one side of the border and work on another side.
Try doing that with a Alberta based PR and having landed in Ontario province.

Ambitious07

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
Hi folks,

We are waiting for final call from CIC but they confirmed by email in Nov last year that they have received our medicals. but now my family want to go back home for 2 years and I want to know that If they don't go with me but they still can go to Alberta later right ? or that is difficult ?

I'll be thankful and appreciate your response.

Thanks

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
According to some folks in this forum, if you don't stay in Alberta for 3 years before you can apply for citizen, you will lose your PR... That's true for people going to another province...not even mention another country...LOL....

Ambitious07 said:
Hi folks,

We are waiting for final call from CIC but they confirmed by email in Nov last year that they have received our medicals. but now my family want to go back home for 2 years and I want to know that If they don't go with me but they still can go to Alberta later right ? or that is difficult ?

Thanks

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Ambitious07 said:
Hi folks,

Thanks
You should be able to land first, and your family can join you later.

But, I am not sure for how long they can stay away ans still maintain their PR status.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlbertaGovernor said:
Try doing that with a Alberta based PR and having landed in Ontario province.
I'm not sure what are you trying to say but I know many who have landed via niagra and detroit with out any problem. During the webinar when they just started AINP back in 2009, I asked if a person has to stay for some time at AB before he/she can move to different prov, the lady from AINP clearley said that they don't have such law as PR is given by CIC not any provience. Now having said that I'm not trying to say we all shoud move to other prov as I myself is planning to move to AB once I get PR.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chigirl said:
You should be able to land first, and your family can join you later.

But, I am not sure for how long they can stay away ans still maintain their PR status.
According to CIC, you must live 3 years out of 4 to maintain residency requirment.

"What is the residence requirement?
To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) out of the four years (1,460 days) preceding your application. Please note that you cannot meet the residence requirements for citizenship without a minimum of two (2) years as a permanent resident. "