LANDED..........
Chigirl, I sent you a PM.

Thanks

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chigirl, I find logic in ur observation. It is logical to think that CIC has no logical approach in file allocation/xfers to other local visa officers.

what you mentioned about the probability of "CIC retaining some easiest of the files to process" is a possibility. My file is complete, thorough, simple, docs arranged to make it easy for the officer, RFRS paid and et al. I remember Joedadreamer mentioning that his file too was complete, simple and rprf paid. Hence i feel your observation holds water.

We may be wrong as well cuz i think VSrao, Manny, Ruby and Priya86 must have also sent thorough and complete files to the VO. yet their files got xfered to other local consulates.

but watch out, our logic may not be valid cuz our lovely CIC does not work with any logic. Back to full circle.

AlbertaGovernor...i invite you to shed some light here. With your many years of experience, what are you advicing ur clients who are in similar situation like?we are?

chigirl said:
I am not sure people are stuck because of background check or nationality - I have seen Phillipinos, Indians and other nationailities. My view on this is that they retained some files, which they thought are easiest to process, with all documentation complete, RPRF paid etc. And they transferred the rest to other consulates. I also, think they really had no method or logic; someone just came and picked files at random. I suppose at some point, they thought they would be able tocome back and process these files, but they have been so busy as usual that never got to it

If you look at my file for example, it is probably the most simplest and straightforward of all. I have lived and studied in only 2 counties - India and US. I just think we were just plain unlucky.

What is also worrisome, is unlike others, Buffalo seems to show no progress. So, what does mean, they will keep our files there for the next one year?

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
lettuce_tomatoes said:
Chigirl, I find logic in ur observation. It is logical to think that CIC has no logical approach in file allocation/xfers to other local visa officers.

what you mentioned about the probability of "CIC retaining some easiest of the files to process" is a possibility. My file is complete, thorough, simple, docs arranged to make it easy for the officer, RFRS paid and et al. I remember Joedadreamer mentioning that his file too was complete, simple and rprf paid. Hence i feel your observation holds water.

We may be wrong as well cuz i think VSrao, Manny, Ruby and Priya86 must have also sent thorough and complete files to the VO.

but watch out, our logic may not be valid cuz our lovely CIC does not work with any logic. Back to full circle.
Just my two cents on this issue. I sent complete CIC application, which included all PCCS, RFRS paid. I was very through and clear in CIC application. I was hoping my application was simplest that I was in US for about 10 years and rest of the 18+ years were in India and since it is easy to assess a background in US for last 10 years. My application was transferred to NY. I am of opinion that there is no logic in way CIC processes applications. There is no definitive time frame of processing applications. I did some search on background checks. There is another agency that does background checks for CIC. By all indicators, at the time medicals are received, a decision is made if the candidate should go though extended background check. Applicants of certain nationalities automatically go for extended background check. Extended background check can take another 6months to 1.5years. People who received PPR with medicals completed in June/July batch does not seem to go through extended background check. There are few applicants who received PPR in August/Sept from June/July medicals batch. I do not see any consistency in the way applications are processed.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lettuce_tomatoes said:

We may be wrong as well cuz i think VSrao, Manny, Ruby and Priya86 must have also sent thorough and complete files to the VO. yet their files got xfered to other local consulates.

AlbertaGovernor...i invite you to shed some light here. With your many years of experience, what are you advicing ur clients who are in similar situation like?we are?
Again, my observation is just conjecture. Bottom line - No logic; no consistency. Or maybe we were the unlucky few who were picked at random for extended background checks ( like you know they pick people at random for drug tests).

I was just reading posts from other forums since 2008; and it seems the norm for files in Buffalo to get stuck after medicals. I think they are just plain slow at processing.

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
My file is also super simple, I'm 24, have a stable job, all docs submitted at the beginning. It's the 8th months since my application was submitted and no sign of transfer or PPR. Thinking that getting everything ready would make it faster yet doesn't seem like they care

nv4canada

May 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
12-01-2011
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
Hi All,

I have been a silent member of this forum for some time now. I am happy to share that we got mail today from Buffalo stating that our file has been moved to LA consulate.

Hopefully, PPR should come soon since LA is known to process files faster than Buffalo. Thanks a lot to everyone for sharing their insights.

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
nv4canada said:
Hi All,

I have been a silent member of this forum for some time now. I am happy to share that we got mail today from Buffalo stating that our file has been moved to LA consulate.

Hopefully, PPR should come soon since LA is known to process files faster than Buffalo. Thanks a lot to everyone for sharing their insights.
Congrats! Greats news, can you share your timeline? :)

nv4canada

May 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
12-01-2011
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
Sure.

Applied - 26th Jan 2009

Medical Request/ AOR - 22nd July 2010

Medical Results reached CIC- 16th Aug 2010.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lettuce_tomatoes said:

I agree there is no logic in the way CIC is processing the files. Take a look at the vsrao-Jasper spreadsheet and you will find no pattern. I know a few people with various backgrouds and all of them are pending at CIC at this time. Some of the applicants got files transfered where others are not moving at all. Some with later timelines have progress where older cases are stagnated. Intial assesment cases are not the only ones impacted.

If you ask me my true opinion here is what I think. CIC get certain number of cases and they assign to the officers internally. When the pending cases get the BFD (Bring Forward Date) notice from the system, if they are unable to find a officer to handle the case, they transfer it to another VO. In every possibilty the cases that you see no activity are being worked on at buffalo itself.

The other theory I can think of, one officer has more than one application assigned at given time. Priorities are given to all streams so the applications include multiple streams with the same officer or mutiple applications of the same stream is possible too. The officer sends backgroud check request etc and other verification for all the cases at his hand at the same time and then sends out the final decission for all cases in his hand. That is one of the theory that I could that why multiple applicants get communication on a given day.

One more theory I can think of is the data entry theory. The officers complete a phase of the file and its sitting in the reviewers inbox and the reviewer is the one sending multiple communications at the same time. As for the snail mail, probably the dispatch/mail data entry staff is sending the letters in bulk and as and when they receiver.

CIC has never been predictible right from the begining.

One thing I can predict is that many folks will see progress in the comming weeks that too in bulk. Especially the ones who have completed 6 months or nearing 6 months since they have done their medicals.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations.

Did your application reach CIC on Applied - 26th Jan 2009?

nv4canada said:
Sure.

Applied - 26th Jan 2009

Medical Request/ AOR - 22nd July 2010

Medical Results reached CIC- 16th Aug 2010.

petesampras

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2010
Nomination.....
19/11/2009
AOR Received.
07/02/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10/11/2010 to LA
Med's Request
02/07/2010
Med's Done....
14/07/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
06/01/2011
LANDED..........
03/07/2011
I have emailed LA consulate for passport return update and was notified that it will take another two weeks for them to mail the passport back. It seems bizare as somebody in the past went to LA consulate and got the passport on same day with visa.

Lesson learned from my end is to if possible fly to LA to get the passport stamped.

They recieved my passport on Dec 20 and now it will be in my hand by feb 1st week...Bit disaapointing..

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Atleast you are lucky you got the PPR as folks in buffalo before your timelines are still waiting for PPR :).

Dont worry you will get it and should be happy you are approved :)

petesampras said:
I have emailed LA consulate for passport return update and was notified that it will take another two weeks for them to mail the passport back. It seems bizare as somebody in the past went to LA consulate and got the passport on same day with visa.

Lesson learned from my end is to if possible fly to LA to get the passport stamped.

They recieved my passport on Dec 20 and now it will be in my hand by feb 1st week...Bit disaapointing..

philly

Jun 7, 2010
Philadelphia
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-2009
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
Nomination.....
24-11-2009
AOR Received.
01-07-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
July-7-2010
Med's Done....
15-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 21 2011
LANDED..........
?
Hi Petesampras,

Rubyalabar got passport back with in 8 Business Days, My passport reached LA office on December 31st. For me it is going to long wait.

Thanks

petesampras said:

venks80

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12/11/2009
Nomination.....
01/10/2010
Hello Seniors,

Done my medicals in Oct 2010. Still waiting for reply from cic.

Recently moved to new Apartment , Could you please help me to whom i need to update its AINP OR CIC.
Could please provide me the details to which email address i need to send.

Chi girl, Jasper, AlbertaGoverner pls help me on this......

--venks

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Venks80:

Step one:

If your file is still in buffalo, You can inform the visa office by following steps:

Change of Address (in subject line)

You can register a change in your address by sending an e-mail to:

buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Be sure to provide:

Your file number

Your full name

Your date of birth

Your country of birth

Your citizenship

Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.

Information Source: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/change_address-changement_adresse.aspx?lang=eng

Step 2: Inform AINP.
I do not have the fax number or the email id of the AINP change of address intimation, please chek ur AINP nomination cirtificate copy, i vaguely remember seeing some instruction information
Goood luck.

venks80 said:
Hello Seniors,

Done my medicals in Oct 2010. Still waiting for reply from cic.

Recently moved to new Apartment , Could you please help me to whom i need to update its AINP OR CIC.
Could please provide me the details to which email address i need to send.

Chi girl, Jasper, AlbertaGoverner pls help me on this......

--venks