+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
ChaloCanada said:
albertaorbust I can understand your anxiety.

I can assure you that if u come with 10k cash and husband and wife come with an attitude to work there shld not be absolutly nothing to worry.

Canada is very welcoming country and they want you to succeed and there are lot of resource for you to succeed.
Hello ChaloCanada, Good to hear from you, specially your positive feedback. :)

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

let me explain my point. i am not being judegemental or opinionated. when people here with options are more comfortable that the people without options. the ones who do not have options are the ones who are solely dependant on canada immigration. so please learn to respect and motivate their decession. do not say flipping burgers etc that makes a person feel low. canada is not bad as you guys think. it is better than your home country. definately better than US as flipping burgers will give you a good night sleep than your H1B status gives. its all together a different story if your sleep depends on how fat your paycheck is and how fast your bank balance grows.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
josephdadreamer said:
Chigirl & Lettuce,

Any updates on your ecas? Thanks.
Hi Joseph;

No updates from my side. I wonder what's happening with some of us who have had absolutely no form of communication from CIC - no emails, no slow mails, and no ecase updates. I wish CIC would atleast be consistent in the way they communicate.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
albertaorbust said:
Man every body went nuts on me. I'm very apprehensive because I have to relocate to Canada before June 2011. I have no GC process going on in US. After establishing a life for 10 years in a country and raising 2 children born here, it is not easy to move everything to a new country, when you know that at least for 6 months you won't find a professional job and will survive on odd jobs. I should have been more clear in my earlier post.
My handle says it all "Alberta or Bust". There is no plan B.
Also I'm a Genuine Mechanical Engineer with a real US master degree working for a Non Desi Actual firm
Albertobust;

I can understand your apprehension. As someone being in the Oil and Gas industry, I know if you are a Mechanical Engineer with 10 years of work experience you stand a good chance of getting a very good job. Not to worry. If anything Alberta is the place to be for Mechanical Engineers.

-c

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
You still havnt answered to my question. Why did you bring my name up without knowing ANY fact about me ? I am awaiting an answer.

AlbertaGovernor said:
Guys,

let me explain my point. i am not being judegemental or opinionated. when people here with options are more comfortable that the people without options. the ones who do not have options are the ones who are solely dependant on canada immigration. so please learn to respect and motivate their decession. do not say flipping burgers etc that makes a person feel low. canada is not bad as you guys think. it is better than your home country. definately better than US as flipping burgers will give you a good night sleep than your H1B status gives. its all together a different story if your sleep depends on how fat your paycheck is and how fast your bank balance grows.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arajesh5 said:
You still havnt answered to my question. Why did you bring my name up without knowing ANY fact about me ? I am awaiting an answer.
dude i have nothing personal against you. your name was a matter of referece to the three catagories that i was talking about. frankly speaking the screen name means nothing on this forum and it just identifies a case. no offence.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chigirl said:
Albertobust;

I can understand your apprehension. As someone being in the Oil and Gas industry, I know if you are a Mechanical Engineer with 10 years of work experience you stand a good chance of getting a very good job. Not to worry. If anything Alberta is the place to be for Mechanical Engineers.

-c
chigirl is right, mech engg have good scope in the O&G industry in Alberta

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my landing experience

my friends

I drove through the border early this morning and became canadian permanant resident officially today.

The landing process was simple and easy for me. It was 1 in the motning, and immigrant desk had nobody but me.

A few questions about my stay in Canada this time, and the plans of moving.

There was no welcome to canada, no your new home, but they didn't give me any noise either. I left a Toronto address for Maple Card, which was accepted with a shrug.

Spent the day in Toronto waking around to get to know this city. The city looks a little dull as my friends told me. It's obviously very diverse. Things can be expensive or cheap depends on where you go.

CN tower looks cool.

I will stay around for 10 days and head back to NYC.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: my landing experience

Finished landing formalities today. Flagpoled at Coutts and headed back to Calgary. Fairly simple and straight forward.

A nearly two year process finally comes to an end. A new chapter begins.

Good luck and good night!

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008

Congratulations !

aNewHope said:
Finished landing formalities today. Flagpoled at Coutts and headed back to Calgary. Fairly simple and straight forward.

virgos

Star Member
Feb 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 17 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 05 2009
AOR Received.
Jun 24 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26 2010 - NY
Med's Request
Jun 24 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 03 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07 2011
LANDED..........
Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
Lee,
yes he did, and provided tracking number too....see dates in my signature...
its ok to take either cic size or US passport size photos.....ur wish

- Virgos

lee26 said:
Hi Virgos,

Thank you for the reply. Did the dr. Serafin Veramendi send your medical results to Ottawa on time..?

Please also let me know that, Is it ok to take US passport size photos for medical exam. ? or do we need to take same size as in the initial application we send to buffalo.?

Thanks
Lee.

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Hi Virgos and justinline,

Thank you for the reply.

Thanks
Lee.

virgos said:
Lee,
yes he did, and provided tracking number too....see dates in my signature...
its ok to take either cic size or US passport size photos.....ur wish

- Virgos

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011

Hi NewHope,

Congratulations on becoming canadian Permanent Resident. Did you drive through Sweet Grass and Couttts border..?
Are you importing your car..? I hope you will be busy for the fist few weeks. When you get a chance please post your experiences.

Good luck in the future endeavors.

Thanks
Lee.

aNewHope said:

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks, Lee. Been living in Canada for a year (moved to Calgary halfway through the process). Did not have to deal with any of the importation/customs process. The actual process took 20 minutes on the Sweetgrass side and 15 minutes on the Coutts side.

lee26 said:
Hi NewHope,

Congratulations on becoming canadian Permanent Resident. Did you drive through Sweet Grass and Couttts border..?
Are you importing your car..? I hope you will be busy for the fist few weeks. When you get a chance please post your experiences.

Good luck in the future endeavors.

Thanks
Lee.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010

Friends,

Here is the good news. :) :)

I got an email few minutes back from Canadian Consulate New York requesting to pay RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEES and a notarized sworn statement that we intend to reside in Alberta upon landing in Canada.

Am sure, many others will get such an email in this week from New York consulate and other regional offices. As a precaution, besides keeping an eye on your INBOX, do check your SPAM mails.

Good Luck!!