+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Hello Yasenkov,

If you don't mind kindly post timeline details pls. Thank you.

yasenkov said:
Hey, has anyone gone to the Buffalo office for visa stamping? Do they return passports same day ( they say so on the website) and how many hours does it take to get passports back?

Thanks

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Hey everyone,

Even RPRF was sent and received by the CIC office on April 12th (that means App fee, FBI/Police report and Meds were done way b4 that).... Also, I did an email on Agust 4th (4 months after RPRF was sent), reiterating my interest in moving, showing concerns about the delay etc... and got a reply, " our records show that your application is "in process" and we can't provide status on your application"....

Now the questions is ..... "Is it about time (another 3 months after last email, making a grand total of 7 months of waiting after RPRF sent) that I write another email asking them about... What the heck is going on .... why is it taking so long?" .....

Is there anyone else for whom it took this long just to get a Passport request?? everything has been sent as requested... makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Please feel free telling me that its going to be okay.......... NOT!!!!

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sirsmak said:
Hey everyone,

Even RPRF was sent and received by the CIC office on April 12th (that means App fee, FBI/Police report and Meds were done way b4 that).... Also, I did an email on Agust 4th (4 months after RPRF was sent), reiterating my interest in moving, showing concerns about the delay etc... and got a reply, " our records show that your application is "in process" and we can't provide status on your application"....

Now the questions is ..... "Is it about time (another 3 months after last email, making a grand total of 7 months of waiting after RPRF sent) that I write another email asking them about... What the heck is going on .... why is it taking so long?" .....

Is there anyone else for whom it took this long just to get a Passport request?? everything has been sent as requested... makes you wonder, doesn't it?

all is well my friend. keep your fingers crossed and have faith.

Flames

Feb 16, 2009
Did they ask you to send RPRF or u sent it after ur medicals are done ?

sirsmak said:
Hey everyone,

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: I got PPR today

Thanks, and I sent in the passport today. Hope they can handle my case things fast enough and I will have time for my Thanksgiving trip.
josephdadreamer said:
That so great to hear!!!! Congrats my friend!!!

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Flames said:
Did they ask you to send RPRF or u sent it after ur medicals are done ?

Yes they requested RPRF after about 2 months i had sent Meds... it was a paper mail

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
I think a period of 8 months is pretty long - they should've at least updated to mention your meds are received. I'd think you are justified in checking on status of your application.

sirsmak said:
Hey everyone,

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Manny said:
I think a period of 8 months is pretty long - they should've at least updated to mention your meds are received. I'd think you are justified in checking on status of your application.
Well.... if I go to the cic website to check my status .... it does say .... Medical results have been received.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
sirsmak said:
Well.... if I go to the cic website to check my status .... it does say .... Medical results have been received.
Hi,

In most of the cases the status changes to 'Medicals Received' after the PPR is sent out. Do you think by any chance you missed the PPR mail in spam or junk email? That could be a possibility or I may be wrong.

Thanks,
L.B

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

In most of the cases the status changes to 'Medicals Received' after the PPR is sent out. Do you think by any chance you missed the PPR mail in spam or junk email? That could be a possibility or I may be wrong.

Thanks,
L.B
ur scaring me dude... but this is very unlikely because i have been receiving emails before, even the auto-generated responses, in my inbox and not the junk mail folder.... i am guessing the email for PPR would be same and will land in my right mailbox ...Also this is way too important for them too that they wud send a reminder or something or my status on website wud'nt say "In Process" or when i emailed them back in August they wud've mentioned that I didnt respond to their PPR... dont u agree?

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
sirsmak said:
ur scaring me dude... but this is very unlikely because i have been receiving emails before, even the auto-generated responses, in my inbox and not the junk mail folder.... i am guessing the email for PPR would be same and will land in my right mailbox ...Also this is way too important for them too that they wud send a reminder or something or my status on website wud'nt say "In Process" or when i emailed them back in August they wud've mentioned that I didnt respond to their PPR... dont u agree?
Hi,

Sorry I did not mean to scare you. I am want to be a help to you rather than scaring :) My interpretation is based on what others have shared on the forum where the status changes to medicals received is along side with the PPR. I dont know if they do send a reminder. IMO you should check with CIC about your case to avoid futher delays.

Thanks,
L.B

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Ditto. This will be my approach to this: If I were to see a change in my eCAS status from "in process" to "Medical report received" I'd expect RPRF/PPR in the subsequent 2 or 3 weeks. After that wait I will follow up to check on the application.

Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

Sorry I did not mean to scare you. I am want to be a help to you rather than scaring :) My interpretation is based on what others have shared on the forum where the status changes to medicals received is along side with the PPR. I dont know if they do send a reminder. IMO you should check with CIC about your case to avoid futher delays.

Thanks,
L.B

kv_ajay

Star Member
Feb 7, 2009
I think contacting them again and requesting the details on hold up would be great.

You should mention about the date for PPR and details about that cashiers check/money order...

Good Luck..!
sirsmak said:

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Manny said:
Ditto. This will be my approach to this: If I were to see a change in my eCAS status from "in process" to "Medical report received" I'd expect RPRF/PPR in the subsequent 2 or 3 weeks. After that wait I will follow up to check on the application.
Thanks for ur suggestions guys ... i was planning to wait till the end of this month but now i should be writing this email within few hours... lets see how that goes.... and even last time when i wrote 'em an email I did mention the whole timeline but only thing that changed was my status saying Meds received.... Will do that again (mentioning time line)

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
All,

I just checked my online status and it has following updates besides " We started processing your application... "

"Medical results have been received. " Now How long do I have to wait before I get PPR? Does any one see similar updates on their online status?

Thanks,