+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
Jasper said:
Hi virgo,

No, I haven't paid RPRF and it hasn't been requested by CIC yet. But I am planning to send it soon (before CIC requests).

Regarding photos for medical, I asked DMP office about it when I made an appointment for my medical exam and they said regular US passport size photos were fine. But they told me to bring 3 photos (the medical instructions from CIC says 2 photos), so you probably should ask your DMP office about your photo specifications.
Jasper ,

You must be aware of this but still just a reminder , don't forget to put Immigration Label when you send your RPRF, the one we received from CIC with Medical request.

Thanks
image6000,

sandar

Apr 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05/2009
AOR Received.
11/2009
File Transfer...
01/2010
Med's Request
12/2009
Med's Done....
12/2009
Passport Req..
?
I just wanted to tell everyone who just did their medicals and sent it to Ottawa :
Don't have your hopes so high and expect to wait only 35 days like some lucky people.
I mailed them my medicals at Christmas 2009, got transfred to NYC in mid. January and since then they did not change my status, did not reply to my e-mail or anything. So 6 MONTHS!!!!! ALREADY!!!! That is a time line! :'(
The only advise is TO BE PATIENT (And don't need to run to mail every day.) ::)

virgos

Star Member
Feb 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 17 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 05 2009
AOR Received.
Jun 24 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26 2010 - NY
Med's Request
Jun 24 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 03 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07 2011
LANDED..........
Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
Image6000,
They don't wait for cashing money...but anyways why does it matter when they cash it?
Nothing depends on when check was cashed anyways.

-virgos

image6000 said:
Does any one know how long it takes for CIC to cash RPRF once they receive them ?

Thanks
image6000,

virgos

Star Member
Feb 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 17 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 05 2009
AOR Received.
Jun 24 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26 2010 - NY
Med's Request
Jun 24 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 03 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07 2011
LANDED..........
Mar 12 2011 (Windsor, ON)
Jasper buddy just take the same size photos as you submitted to CIC. ...that's what is needed, don't mess with the us passport size photo...
The medical form A has one of the photos from ur CIC submission.
-virgos

Jasper said:
Hi virgo,

No, I haven't paid RPRF and it hasn't been requested by CIC yet. But I am planning to send it soon (before CIC requests).

Regarding photos for medical, I asked DMP office about it when I made an appointment for my medical exam and they said regular US passport size photos were fine. But they told me to bring 3 photos (the medical instructions from CIC says 2 photos), so you probably should ask your DMP office about your photo specifications.

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Very well said.

virgos said:
Image6000,
They don't wait for cashing money...but anyways why does it matter when they cash it?
Nothing depends on when check was cashed anyways.

-virgos

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Friend:

Your post truly shows the significance of this forum.

Your experience is very valuable to others.

Thanks

sandar said:
I just wanted to tell everyone who just did their medicals and sent it to Ottawa :
Don't have your hopes so high and expect to wait only 35 days like some lucky people.
I mailed them my medicals at Christmas 2009, got transfred to NYC in mid. January and since then they did not change my status, did not reply to my e-mail or anything. So 6 MONTHS!!!!! ALREADY!!!! That is a time line! :'(
The only advise is TO BE PATIENT (And don't need to run to mail every day.) ::)

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
cuterash said:
Do we have to submit old ( expired ) passport also along with the current passport ??
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/passports_passeports.aspx

As per above link, we should submit VALID passport with min 2 blank pages. I too have an old passport with H1-B visa stamp and will be sending only the new one.

I will update you if I get to know anything different.

-Kale

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
virgos said:
Jasper buddy just take the same size photos as you submitted to CIC. ...that's what is needed, don't mess with the us passport size photo...
The medical form A has one of the photos from ur CIC submission.
-virgos
Thanks, virgos. Actually I have already completed my medical exam and the DMP was very knowledgable about Canadian immigration medical process, so everything went fine (including my photos). But I still suggest everyone to check with DMP office about photo specifications before his/her medical exam.

baraynawab

Aug 31, 2009
Hello Friends,

I landed in Canada through Detroit Ambassador bridge.

One of the immigration officer called us and asked us some questions:

IO: What brings you to Canada?
ME: I am landing here today as a part of the immigration process

IO: Are you moving in to Canada today ?
ME: We are here to complete the landing formalities and are travelling back to the US immediately. I have my job until end of November and I intend to move to Canada permanently after that.

The immigration officer started asking some regular Qs about goods to follow and We were asked to wait. After waiting for 20 minutes, the immigration officer called us again.

IO: Please sign these COPR forms without touching the green border.
ME: -- Signed the forms --

She tore off one of the pages in the COPR form and stapled it to our passports and put a seal with the landing date.

IO: Your landing has been completed and the proof for the same is attached to your passport.

The immigration officer informed me that since I’m not moving in I cannot apply for PR Card and asked me to apply for PR card when I live in Canada and she also told me that with the landing paper attached to the passport we can’t travel to canada through air but only by road.so I asked what my options are if i am flying from india to canada she said you can get a travel document from embassy in delhi and travel with that.

ME: I didn’t know what to say now.

IO: Do you have any questions for me? Hand over this slip to the security officer outside.
A: No Thank you so much for your help.

Handed over the slip and the security officer released the vehicle keys to us.

Made a U-turn and started traveling into the US and successfully used AVR. But, they made an entry on our passports.

What’s my option to apply for PR Card now ? any suggestion ? help?

Thanks

Today I checked the ECas status and it says :

We started processing your application on July 10, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Windsor Ambassador Bridge office on July 19, 2010 and became a Permanent Resident.

canvan

Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 08
Nomination.....
July
AOR Received.
20-07-2010
File Transfer...
nov 17 2010
Med's Request
20-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Thanks Omar.

I have called the doctors office and she said just get the Photos from wall greens i.e. US Passport size photos, the photos we sent with the CIC Application are of 35mm x 45mm and the canadian Passport Photos are 50mm x 70mm. Iam a little lost here, I dont know why they dont have an universal one size photo, anyways if somebody who has successfully got the Visa stamped give some inputs it would be great.

I have sent the PRPF to my lawyer and did not write anything on back of the cheque, I guess he would take care of things like that before sending it over to the visa office, after all we pay them :)

omardalian said:
Same size as the ones submitted with the application.

The photos must:
•show a full front view of the person's head and shoulders showing full face centered in the middle of the photograph;
•have a plain white background;
•be identical (black and white or colour) produced from the same untouched negative, or exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera.

The photos must:
•measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown;
•have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size.

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Thanks to every one for their inputs.

This is what I understood.
1.Photos must be similar size that we submitted to CIC application.
2. For RPRF we need to stick the barcode label of our file number on the postal cover ( any correspondence). Write File number and Principal applicants name on the back of cheque.

Please correct if I missunderstood any thing.

Virgo

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Thanks for posting your experience.

Some guy rinks25us posted this on the other forum -

Finally, after researching through various forums and posts and help and guidance of fellow members we decided to cross the border from US to Canada via Ambassador Bridge in Detroit, Michigan on 30th April 2010.

We started on Thursday night and stopped over night around 15 miles away from the border. We started around 10:30 in the morning and drove on the Ambassador Bridge. No one stopped us on the US side; we paid the toll 4 USD/4.75 CAD and drove through.

On reaching the Canadian side, it was a long queue and finally our turn came. We had put our papers together and in the order of Visa/Passports/COPR, 2nd set was Proof of funds and other documents that might be needed like degrees etc and finally the 3rd set for Customs.

The office on the Canadian side was polite and asked us for the paper work and details like what are our plans, are we going to stay there, are we importing our car, or bringing any stuff that is prohibited in Canada etc etc , routine questions. Then he handed us a yellow slip and asked us to park the car near the immigration office. When we parked the car, another office approached us , looked at our papers and asked us to proceed to the immigration dept area and told us to leave the keys behind in the car with glasses down.

We then entered the immigration office where a notice board said to wait for our names to be called. Finally in few minutes it was our turn and she looked at our papers, she asked us only one question that we are aware of the fact that our residency counter starts from today, as we had told her that we need to go back and wind up with some things before we can move permanently. She did not ask for any other documents. When she asked us where we want our PR Cards to be sent, I gave her my friend's address. She asked for his contact number and everything went on smoothly from there.

After that we went to the Customs area and gave us the printed list of goods to follow.
He looked at it and signed on it.

The landing process was done.

We then went to the nearest service Canada office and applied for our SIN cards.

We had a slightly tough time while coming back to US, we were asked about our short trip to Canada and basic questions. Then our car was searched and another officer asked us about our visit to Canada. Finally they let us go and we were back home as Canadian Permanent Residents..

It looks like to me that informing the IO that you will be moving to Canada in November made the IO not to issue the PR till you move in.

baraynawab said:
Hello Friends,

I landed in Canada through Detroit Ambassador bridge.

One of the immigration officer called us and asked us some questions:

IO: What brings you to Canada?
ME: I am landing here today as a part of the immigration process

IO: Are you moving in to Canada today ?
ME: We are here to complete the landing formalities and are travelling back to the US immediately. I have my job until end of November and I intend to move to Canada permanently after that.

The immigration officer started asking some regular Qs about goods to follow and We were asked to wait. After waiting for 20 minutes, the immigration officer called us again.

IO: Please sign these COPR forms without touching the green border.
ME: -- Signed the forms --

She tore off one of the pages in the COPR form and stapled it to our passports and put a seal with the landing date.

IO: Your landing has been completed and the proof for the same is attached to your passport.

The immigration officer informed me that since I'm not moving in I cannot apply for PR Card and asked me to apply for PR card when I live in Canada and she also told me that with the landing paper attached to the passport we can't travel to canada through air but only by road.so I asked what my options are if i am flying from india to canada she said you can get a travel document from embassy in delhi and travel with that.

ME: I didn't know what to say now.

IO: Do you have any questions for me? Hand over this slip to the security officer outside.
A: No Thank you so much for your help.

Handed over the slip and the security officer released the vehicle keys to us.

Made a U-turn and started traveling into the US and successfully used AVR. But, they made an entry on our passports.

What's my option to apply for PR Card now ? any suggestion ? help?

Thanks

Today I checked the ECas status and it says :

We started processing your application on July 10, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Windsor Ambassador Bridge office on July 19, 2010 and became a Permanent Resident.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Looking at the recent landing experiences, appears that there is slightly inconsistent approach to granting PRs while entering by road. I have not seen recent landing experiences where PR folks landed directly in Calgary or Edmonton by air - can anyone post link to any such landing experiences that they've seen in the past?
Thanks.

baraynawab

Aug 31, 2009
I was driving my personal car, so I didn't want to say that I'm moving in otherwise I would endup moving my car as well.

canadatryingguy said:
Thanks for posting your experience.

Some guy rinks25us posted this on the other forum -

Finally, after researching through various forums and posts and help and guidance of fellow members we decided to cross the border from US to Canada via Ambassador Bridge in Detroit, Michigan on 30th April 2010.

We started on Thursday night and stopped over night around 15 miles away from the border. We started around 10:30 in the morning and drove on the Ambassador Bridge. No one stopped us on the US side; we paid the toll 4 USD/4.75 CAD and drove through.

On reaching the Canadian side, it was a long queue and finally our turn came. We had put our papers together and in the order of Visa/Passports/COPR, 2nd set was Proof of funds and other documents that might be needed like degrees etc and finally the 3rd set for Customs.

The office on the Canadian side was polite and asked us for the paper work and details like what are our plans, are we going to stay there, are we importing our car, or bringing any stuff that is prohibited in Canada etc etc , routine questions. Then he handed us a yellow slip and asked us to park the car near the immigration office. When we parked the car, another office approached us , looked at our papers and asked us to proceed to the immigration dept area and told us to leave the keys behind in the car with glasses down.

We then entered the immigration office where a notice board said to wait for our names to be called. Finally in few minutes it was our turn and she looked at our papers, she asked us only one question that we are aware of the fact that our residency counter starts from today, as we had told her that we need to go back and wind up with some things before we can move permanently. She did not ask for any other documents. When she asked us where we want our PR Cards to be sent, I gave her my friend's address. She asked for his contact number and everything went on smoothly from there.

After that we went to the Customs area and gave us the printed list of goods to follow.
He looked at it and signed on it.

The landing process was done.

We then went to the nearest service Canada office and applied for our SIN cards.

We had a slightly tough time while coming back to US, we were asked about our short trip to Canada and basic questions. Then our car was searched and another officer asked us about our visit to Canada. Finally they let us go and we were back home as Canadian Permanent Residents..

It looks like to me that informing the IO that you will be moving to Canada in November made the IO not to issue the PR till you move in.