+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Hi Baranyaweb,

Sorry you did not get your PR cards applied for. But congrats on your PR. There is a way to apply for PR cards with an address in Canada. Just google for PR card + CIC, you should find all the information. However, I would stay away from doing so. If I were you, I would just use the travel document / COPR to travel into Canada .. n the reason being .. the form in CIC's website seems way too elaborate and scary! This generally means there could be quite a scrutiny.

Cheers now,

baraynawab said:
Hello Friends,

I landed in Canada through Detroit Ambassador bridge.

One of the immigration officer called us and asked us some questions:

IO: What brings you to Canada?
ME: I am landing here today as a part of the immigration process

IO: Are you moving in to Canada today ?
ME: We are here to complete the landing formalities and are travelling back to the US immediately. I have my job until end of November and I intend to move to Canada permanently after that.

The immigration officer started asking some regular Qs about goods to follow and We were asked to wait. After waiting for 20 minutes, the immigration officer called us again.

IO: Please sign these COPR forms without touching the green border.
ME: -- Signed the forms --

She tore off one of the pages in the COPR form and stapled it to our passports and put a seal with the landing date.

IO: Your landing has been completed and the proof for the same is attached to your passport.

The immigration officer informed me that since I'm not moving in I cannot apply for PR Card and asked me to apply for PR card when I live in Canada and she also told me that with the landing paper attached to the passport we can't travel to canada through air but only by road.so I asked what my options are if i am flying from india to canada she said you can get a travel document from embassy in delhi and travel with that.

ME: I didn't know what to say now.

IO: Do you have any questions for me? Hand over this slip to the security officer outside.
A: No Thank you so much for your help.

Handed over the slip and the security officer released the vehicle keys to us.

Made a U-turn and started traveling into the US and successfully used AVR. But, they made an entry on our passports.

What's my option to apply for PR Card now ? any suggestion ? help?

Thanks

Today I checked the ECas status and it says :

We started processing your application on July 10, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Windsor Ambassador Bridge office on July 19, 2010 and became a Permanent Resident.

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I have received my Medical request package yesterday!!! I have one question regarding medical tests we will go through soon.

I have read in some other thread that when you go to doctor's office, they give you form to fill out your medical history. And, that is the only way CIC knows your medical history. I am worried about my wife's older condition (depression) and I am not sure whether it can create any problem or not. As per her doctor, it should not be a problem. If they do not look any where else, there is no way they can find about this.

I am in dilemma about this situation. My question is that is there any one out there who didn't put complete medical history and everything worked out fine. Or is there any one who put depression or something like that in the history and still worked out fine.

Any help is appreciated,

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
No worries. If she is cured or in the process now, get a letter stating that from the physician who treated her and give it to DMP. If there are any lab test results you can submit in proof that's even better.

Search and look at section B in imm 5419. It has a set of questions that you need to write in answers to. Don't write a detailed essay, but at the same time don't withhold info. When the DMP asks you (he/she will), give short but accurate answers. When you do get into Canada and at some time you may have to refer back to Med history. We don't want treatment to go wrong/slow at the doc then because we may want to avoid telling them about previous history - and the other side of the sword is souring it up for ourselves if they refer to the Meds done here prior to PR.

Your wife's condition is not serious and you shouldn't worry about having to declare it. It will not create a problem.

Wishing the very best to your wife. Take care of her and don't you get worried about this !!

PaToAb said:
Hello Everyone,

I have received my Medical request package yesterday!!! I have one question regarding medical tests we will go through soon.

I have read in some other thread that when you go to doctor's office, they give you form to fill out your medical history. And, that is the only way CIC knows your medical history. I am worried about my wife's older condition (depression) and I am not sure whether it can create any problem or not. As per her doctor, it should not be a problem. If they do not look any where else, there is no way they can find about this.

I am in dilemma about this situation. My question is that is there any one out there who didn't put complete medical history and everything worked out fine. Or is there any one who put depression or something like that in the history and still worked out fine.

Any help is appreciated,

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PaToAb said:
Hello Everyone,

Any help is appreciated,
dear patoab.

dont worry about your wifes depression. most of the folks on the forum have gone through the same while waiting for nomination. come to canada and all will be fine.

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Thanks a lot Manny. This is really helpful. I will definately check 5419.

Manny said:
No worries. If she is cured or in the process now, get a letter stating that from the physician who treated her and give it to DMP. If there are any lab test results you can submit in proof that's even better.

Search and look at section B in imm 5419. It has a set of questions that you need to write in answers to. Don't write a detailed essay, but at the same time don't withhold info. When the DMP asks you (he/she will), give short but accurate answers. When you do get into Canada and at some time you may have to refer back to Med history. We don't want treatment to go wrong/slow at the doc then because we may want to avoid telling them about previous history - and the other side of the sword is souring it up for ourselves if they refer to the Meds done here prior to PR.

Your wife's condition is not serious and you shouldn't worry about having to declare it. It will not create a problem.

Wishing the very best to your wife. Take care of her and don't you get worried about this !!

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
We have also waited for nomination for long time. I think frustration from this waiting is nothing compared to what you go through in US immigration system. Apart from EB immigration waiting, the hardest part is H4 visa your spouse go through especially when they had great job and great prospects back home.

Lets end this here since this is offtopic.

AlbertaGovernor said:
dear patoab.

dont worry about your wifes depression. most of the folks on the forum have gone through the same while waiting for nomination. come to canada and all will be fine.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PaToAb said:
Hello Everyone,

Any help is appreciated,

what is the color of the package ?? size is it just an envolope or abig package like our nomination package..

thanks

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
PaToAb said:
Hello Everyone,

Any help is appreciated,
The following link will help you prepare for the questions you will need to answer at DMP office:

The copy of Medical Report Sections B-E: http://www.numberonehealth.co.uk/dynamicdata/file/CanadianMedicalReportForms.pdf (*This is just for your reference only; this is not CIC website)

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasper said:
The following link will help you prepare for the questions you will need to answer at DMP office:

The copy of Medical Report Sections B-E: http://www.numberonehealth.co.uk/dynamicdata/file/CanadianMedicalReportForms.pdf (*This is just for your reference only; this is not CIC website)

Is there any way to contact CIC about my application. I sent mi application on march 31( delivered)..I moved after my application. all my mail are coming to new address ..so far i dint get AOR ..so i want find the status or ask them to resned to new address..

any help..

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
Is there any way to contact CIC about my application. I sent mi application on march 31( delivered)..I moved after my application. all my mail are coming to new address ..so far i dint get AOR ..so i want find the status or ask them to resned to new address..

any help..
set up mail forwarding from usps to your new address. any communication from CIC will be automatically forwarded to your new address. once you get the AOR you can update your new address on your file. first find of if your check was cashed as yet.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
what is the color of the package ?? size is it just an envolope or abig package like our nomination package..

thanks
it is a white envelop that can hold A4 size of paper.

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
AlbertaGovernor is correct in terms of the size of the package.
I moved also after I submitted my CIC application. I let them know my new address through email. I received automatic reply from their system as well that we have received your email. However, my package was still delievered to the old address and then forwarded to my new address by USPS. So, make sure that your USPS forwading is working fine and you should be ok then.

legalcitizen said:

any help..

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PaToAb said:
Hello Everyone,

Any help is appreciated,
jasper please update the tracking.