27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
omardalian said:
haha Thats helpful. I guess I was wrong in thinking that the eCas is comprehensive and tracks every move.
I show so many guys whose ecas changed to "approved" ,2 months after they landed in Canada.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
pokha69 said:
email2kale said:
Hi All - Just an FYI...

Today, I see change in e-case status stating "Medical results have been received."

We did our medicals on 17-Jun-2010 and reports reached ottawa office on 22-Jun-2010.

Good Luck
-Kale.

[/q

email2kale,

I think you are getting PPR pretty soon.

I have done my medicals on 11 June 2010 and reached to Ottawa on 17th but there is no change in e case.
Has any one with similar time lines noticed anything new???
Hi - I hope everybody will have their's soon. I just shared to get an idea on approximate timelines... Hope you will see change in status soon(some folks were mentioning the e-case system refreshes every tuesday, hence I checked on wednesday to see the status).

-Kale.

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Yes they mention it on their page that it updates every Tuesday.

email2kale said:
Hi - I hope everybody will have their's soon. I just shared to get an idea on approximate timelines... Hope you will see change in status soon(some folks were mentioning the e-case system refreshes every tuesday, hence I checked on wednesday to see the status).

-Kale.

Baala

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omardalian said:
Hi Baala,

Usually the check gets cashed within a month.

Did you track your package? did it reach CIC?

Also if you email buffalo all they will say is "It takes 30 weeks to enter application in database blah blah blah" but you can try.

My friend had a similar problem a couple of years ago and in his case CIC actually mailed him his application back due to some error in it and it was lost in mail because they wrote the wrong address.

So usually if the app reached buffalo and check wasn't cashed that means they have returned the application for some correction.

Hope this helps.
Hi omardalian,
As you mentioned, I got same response from them by email.

I sent certified mail and it was reached by them with signature. I did not sent my wife FBI certificate with that so I mentioned the reason. After some time, I got my wife FBI Certificate and sent to them again by another mail. I dont know whether it may be a problem.

Anyway, thanks for your response. Really appreciated....

What did your friend do?

Thanks
Balaji.

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Hi Baala,

Not sure what else to suggest. I dont think sending the FBI should be a problem. And I dont think they return applications for missing FBI Certificate.

If you have a copy or scan of the application you sent. Double check whether the address (your mailing address) you put in was correct. I dont know who enters the data in the database at cic but apparently they are not great at it. They had my address wrong and I was lucky that I got the mail from them because the post office was smart enough to figure it out. So that could be a possibilty.

Hope it gets resolved for you soon.

Baala said:
Hi omardalian,
As you mentioned, I got same response from them by email.

I sent certified mail and it was reached by them with signature. I did not sent my wife FBI certificate with that so I mentioned the reason. After some time, I got my wife FBI Certificate and sent to them again by another mail. I dont know whether it may be a problem.

Anyway, thanks for your response. Really appreciated....

Thanks
Balaji.

Baala

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omardalian said:
Hi Baala,

Not sure what else to suggest. I dont think sending the FBI should be a problem. And I dont think they return applications for missing FBI Certificate.

If you have a copy or scan of the application you sent. Double check whether the address (your mailing address) you put in was correct. I dont know who enters the data in the database at cic but apparently they are not great at it. They had my address wrong and I was lucky that I got the mail from them because the post office was smart enough to figure it out. So that could be a possibilty.

Hope it gets resolved for you soon.
yes. I verified.. I entered correct address in my application. I dont know what to do next step... What did your friend do?

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Nothing really. CIC was atleast nice to respond to his email and tell him that if its this late then its most likely lost and they dont have record of the application. And to cancel the money order. But luckily he eventually got the returned mail although about a month after it was mailed.

So if the application doesnt get through the first round where they check it for errors and return it then it never gets entered into the system. And as far as they are concerend they never got it.

Maybe you could go check with your local post office who caters to your address and check with them? Its worth a shot. Maybe they have a section for unclassified mail or something.

So if the address is wrong and the mail doesnt get to you then it should hopefully go back to CIC. Not sure what they do in that case.
Baala said:
yes. I verified.. I entered correct address in my application. I dont know what to do next step... What did your friend do?

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hello Friends,
I have a question, How long we can wait after let say we receive request for passport stamping.
Reason is that my family will be in india for vacation so just want to know if there is a deadline for sending passport after request comes.

hais

Jul 9, 2009
hi, baala:

This forum has a time tracking file. According to it, none of the june applicant got their check cashed yet. Also, if you check the May application data, most of them took 45 days to get their check cashed. Before May it did take much shorter time to finish this step. I am also wondering whether it is because that Canada changed their immigration policy dramatically recently ( June 26). Maybe that changes also keeps the officer busier recently. That maybe the reason why May and June applicants took longer time than before. Just keep checking and if there is no further information after 60 days, something unknown may happened. Just my guess. Good luck.

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Thats true Baala. I didnt notice that. You only have to worry if everyone, except you, who sent the applications around the same time got their checks cashed.

As hais mentioned, it does seem like its taking a lot longer now to get check cashed.

Hang in there. All will be good :)

hais said:
hi, baala:

This forum has a time tracking file. According to it, none of the june applicant got their check cashed yet. Also, if you check the May application data, most of them took 45 days to get their check cashed. Before May it did take much shorter time to finish this step. I am also wondering whether it is because that Canada changed their immigration policy dramatically recently ( June 26). Maybe that changes also keeps the officer busier recently. That maybe the reason why May and June applicants took longer time than before. Just keep checking and if there is no further information after 60 days, something unknown may happened. Just my guess. Good luck.

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
priya got it in about a month after medicals were done. But I think thats probably best guess. I think it can take upto 3 months.

cooldeepforyou said:
Hello Friends,
I have a question, How long we can wait after let say we receive request for passport stamping.
Reason is that my family will be in india for vacation so just want to know if there is a deadline for sending passport after request comes.

Baala

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omardalian said:
Thats true Baala. I didnt notice that. You only have to worry if everyone, except you, who sent the applications around the same time got their checks cashed.

As hais mentioned, it does seem like its taking a lot longer now to get check cashed.

Hang in there. All will be good :)
Hi Guys,
your responses are made me bit happy...Really appriciated...Thanks..

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
omardalian said:
priya got it in about a month after medicals were done. But I think thats probably best guess. I think it can take upto 3 months.
It totally depends on the security clearance (FBI / PCC). And as we know Priya received her PPR with in 1 month. SO, I won't be surprised if some one received their PPR in less than a month.

Thanks
image6000