+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

zorro1

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Submission of Docs afer receiving AOR

Hi All

Initially, when I submitted application to CIC, I mistakenly send copies of FBI and PCC instead of originals. I received AOR and Medical request 20 days back and havent' received any additional docs request yet. Should I send the PCC and FBI originals to CIC now ? Please advice. Is any one in the same boat as mine

My FBI and PCC have already expired

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
I would not send anything if they didnt ask for it. Submitting an expired PCC might trigger a Request for new PCC's even though they didnt want it in the first place.

zorro1 said:
Submission of Docs afer receiving AOR

Hi All

Initially, when I submitted application to CIC, I mistakenly send copies of FBI and PCC instead of originals. I received AOR and Medical request 20 days back and havent' received any additional docs request yet. Should I send the PCC and FBI originals to CIC now ? Please advice. Is any one in the same boat as mine

My FBI and PCC have already expired

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Absolutely, no doubt on the article. Canada is emerging out of recession or may have already emerged out of recession. Canada has the best health care system in the world and provides one of the best living standard among other nations.

But, it is the spirit of USA which always brings it back to its #1 position. It is the entrepreneur spirit in ordinary folks. It is the Americans' innovative nature. It is the nature of Americans to be the ultimate consumer. When Canadian or Indian consumer gets upset/scared, what you see is a drop in prices. But when American consumer gets upset/scared, you see worldwide long-lasting recession.

Most of the modern day inventions (on commercial scale) were formalized in US. You can check on car, radio, TV, Washing Machine etc. And this tradition is still continuing. Did you see/read in news that I-Pad brought traffic jam in London, Paris etc? How many times we have seen something like this happening because of a product made elsewhere other than USA?

Canadian economy is heavily dependent on USA. Population density of Canada is heavy on the US-Canada border and it starts to fade away as you go north. Most of the big cities in Canada are on the south side, near the border.

Canada is able to afford the best health care in the world because it does not spend on defense. And depends heavily on USA for its border protection.

In the end, i know two fellow engineers (non-IT) who are from Canada. They both are Caucasian. Both are working in USA on TN visa. Don't have any family or friend in USA. But still want to have US permanent residency and citizenship.

In my opinion (and i can be wrong here), It was China who did not let the great recession convert into the second depression. I should stop here as i am going off the subject....lol...

(I did not mean to discourage any one. Canada is still one of the best nation on this earth in terms of living standard)

lightsinthemist said:
8) Hi Folks

I just wanted to post some extremely good news for Job creation in Canada. The reputed Time magazine has this article today. The forum does not allow me to post the link but do read it in time magazine.

Congrats to all those who are getting Med requests, PPR etc and to those who have completed Landing.

Article

Where the Job Recovery Is Strong: Oh Canada!
By Erik Heinrich Saturday, Jul. 17, 2010

Canadians may have achieved what Americans still long for, a turn up in the national mood, and a job machine that hums.

In fact, Canada's job creation engine is on a tear, last month producing 10,000 more jobs than the U.S. This despite having a population and stimulus program roughly one-tenth the size of the U.S.
(See which businesses are bucking the recession.)

Critics warn that the new jobs being created in Canada don't pay nearly as well as the old ones, resulting in a permanent underclass of McWorkers. Still, America's northern neighbor created 93,000 new jobs in June — nearly 70% in the industrial heartland of Ontario — continuing a trend of job growth in service industries, including retail, wholesale trade and construction. By contrast, private employers in the U.S. added 83,000 jobs in June. However if you factor in the loss of 225,000 temporary Census jobs in government, the U.S. labor market contracted by a dramatic 125,000 workers last month.
(Comment on this story.)

Canada's unemployment rate sits at 7.9%, compared to 9.5% in the U.S. And while its latest job numbers are impressive, June was the second month this year that the U.S. was outperformed by its biggest trading partner in labor statistics. (Canada created 43,000 new jobs in January, compared to 14,000 in the U.S.)

"Canada is coming back better than the U.S.," says labor economist Alan Blinder of Princeton University. "I'm losing a bit of the confidence I previously had." Blinder says the U.S. needs to create at least 200,000 new jobs every month to keep its economic recovery on track, but since May employment growth has been nowhere close to that level. This has many in the private and public sectors wondering whether President Barack Obama's stimulus plan — which has so far injected about $450 billion into the economy — has prematurely run out of steam.
(See pictures of retailers which have gone out of business.)

It's also raising questions about whether government spending, which is not the primary driver of economic growth in Canada, can ever fully revive the U.S. economy. The U.S. deficit in 2010 is on track to surpass last year's record $1.4 trillion. That translates to about 10.6% of GDP, compared to 3.5% in Canada.

Despite the big bucks, sentiment in the U.S. remains tentative and cautious. "In the U.S. companies are still in a cost-cutting mode," says economist Peter Buchanan with Toronto investment bank CIBC World Markets. "In Canada the trend is toward adding workers."

One sign of an improved national mood is that imports are on the rise, increasing 5.7% in May. This has in part been possible because Canadian consumers and businesses are far less leveraged than their U.S. counterparts.
(See how Americans are spending now.)

For an economy creating jobs, it's perhaps ironic that imports are growing at a faster clip that exports. In fact, Canada reported its third trade deficit in a row in May — it widened to $487.9 million from $320 million in April — but this does not appear to be a problem. That's because both imports and exports are rising at a healthy rate, lending support to a minor economic boom.

But Canada is far from being the Land of Oz. The economy has created 403,000 jobs in the last two years, making back nearly all the losses suffered during the recent global crisis. The bad news is that its manufacturing sector continues to shrink, losing 14,000 jobs in June. That means high-paying manufacturing jobs in the industrial heartland of Ontario are being replaced with lower-paying service jobs with few benefits and even less security.

Critics charge Canada's recovery is being forged on the backs of a new economic underclass forced to accept a diminishing standard of living. Ken Lewenza, president of the Canadian Auto Workers, says job contraction in the automotive and parts sectors is far from over, with the unemployed forced to accept whatever work they can find.

Can Canada maintain its lead over the U.S. in job creation for the balance of 2010? Not likely, but it's expected to lead the G7 in economic growth for at least the next two years.

That's because its banks continue to be the best capitalized in the G7, with sufficient strength to underwrite an economic recovery. And because foreign demand for its natural resources — base metals in China and crude oil in the U.S. — is only getting stronger.

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
I got Medical Request today.
Receipt of my Fee payment and File Number along with that ,Guess it is AOR.It didn't say any where it is AOR.
When I checked my eCAS by providing the number given it is not showing any status.
I found that in the given Medical Form they put wrong Month for my Date of Birth.Please advise.

Thanks
Virgo

AB2009IL

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 04 2009
Nomination.....
26 Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Mar 05 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Mar 30 2010
Med's Request
Mar 05 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 30 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jul 09 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 26 2010
LANDED..........
Aug 19 2010
Ecas changed to "decision made". Passports received on July 13 at CCGNY.

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
27-11-2009 <br>Sent to CIC.....: 20-01-2010<br>MO Cashed.....: 28-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
Its 18 days today,but no passport. :-\

jonnyU

Jun 16, 2010
I got my AOR and Med Req on July 17th. However they requested my 3 year old son med but too but most of the criteria for med is 15 years and older. I'm confused. Also, anybody knows a Doctor around Columbus Ohio. FYI, I sent my application on April 2nd.
Thanks.

albertatj

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
priya86 said:
Its 18 days today,but no passport. :-\
Hi Priya! Did you have an option to give the passport in person and get it stamped? If that option is there then I think better to visit Niagara falls once.

baraynawab

Aug 31, 2009
Does anyone has a soft copy of Form IMM 5456. I misplaced mine and need it . I can't find it online.

Please let me know if anyone has it.

Thanks!!!

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Senior members (or those who got their visa stamped or landed),

I have a query in regards to the validity of the visa issued on passport is the validity from the date you do the medical or the time when visa was issued.

Please advise.

Thanks

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
omardalian said:
The visa is valid for 1 yr from the day its stamped.
Hi,

I might be wrong, but this is what I have understood. The medicals are valid for 1 yr and considering that you have to do your landing within 1 yr from the day you done your medicals.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I need to understand this process.

Thanks,
L.B

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Yes you are right. Its 1 yr from the date medical was completed. So basically the date you went to the doctor I guess.

If after medical it take another 4 months to get the visa then you will have 8 months in hand.

Sorry for the mistake earlier.

Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

I might be wrong, but this is what I have understood. The medicals are valid for 1 yr and considering that you have to do your landing within 1 yr from the day you done your medicals.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I need to understand this process.

Thanks,
L.B

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Did anybody recently add their newborn kids to the application after your medical request was received. I sent my newborn's application and its been over a month didn't receive AOR and medical request for my daughter. I mailed the buffalo guys but no response till date, was wondering if anybody else is in the sam boat.

yojo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
17-NOV-2010 (Seattle)
Med's Request
17-JUL-2010
Med's Done....
05-AUG-2010
Passport Req..
22-FEB-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-MAR-2011
LANDED..........
waiting
My AOR and Medical Request came from Buffalo, NY.

legalcitizen said:
can you give me from where it came from ( USA/Canada and city).. thanks..