+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
anewhope,

I think they received in the 20th or 22nd of Jan and the check got cashed in 27th of the same month. I might be a little off, but I have my info in the tracking system, and you can double check it.

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
27-11-2009 <br>Sent to CIC.....: 20-01-2010<br>MO Cashed.....: 28-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
monteiromarcosb said:
anewhope,

I think they received in the 20th or 22nd of Jan and the check got cashed in 27th of the same month. I might be a little off, but I have my info in the tracking system, and you can double check it.
we are in same bot ,you are just 1 day ahead of me.

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
monteiromarcosb said:
So, hang in there buddy. You're almost there. By the way, are you in Texas?
Yeah I am in texas.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BTW, sorry to go off more on the tangent...but I always wonder this.....

how are you Texans/Southerners esp preparing yourself to handle the Albertan weather?

I have been in the east coast (tri-state area) and still dread the Albertan/Canadian weather....

for example, two weeks back, we were having great spring weather in the East Coast, but guess what...it was snowing in Calgary, and I was just shaking my head.....

(with everything said, im all ready to take on the albertan weather for the sake of immigration freedom, just curious about what others think)

monteiromarcosb said:
howdy partner, Good to know. I'm 40 min North of Austin (Killeen/Fort Hood).

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
I lived for a few years in Idaho and then in New York/New Jersey area before moving to Texas, but I got tell you it will be a challenge because since a moved down to Texas I lost any resistence I had for cold weather. :D

Jacaranda said:
BTW, sorry to go off more on the tangent...but I always wonder this.....

how are you Texans/Southerners esp preparing yourself to handle the Albertan weather?

I have been in the east coast (tri-state area) and still dread the Albertan/Canadian weather....

for example, two weeks back, we were having great spring weather in the East Coast, but guess what...it was snowing in Calgary, and I was just shaking my head.....

(with everything said, im all ready to take on the albertan weather for the sake of immigration freedom, just curious about what others think)

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yo People what's up? Hope everyone is doing great out there. I am all set for landing formalities tomorrow. I have one question if someone dont mind answering it. Do we need to get our passport size photos upon landing?

Hey rajesh man congratulations................... You made it finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. If i am not wronge we both applied at CIC same day...................... :)

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heheheeh shyliiiiiiiiiiiiii i am also scared to use AVR................. i am landing in canada tomorrow........................ when are u planing to land? and where are you going for landing? I am driving................... to toronto..............................i want to pick detroit border for return as i heard from people that staff is very knowledgable and friendly..............

It would be better to get an address for your PR card man........... you need one atleast. i wish i could help you in that but you can try some mail forwarding service. I heard that UPS in canada u can have a street address and they will deliver and forward your mails to US address. i am not sure if anyone here used that but i will try to find link for you if i could in given time.

good luck.

shyli said:
Hi Despo,

I'll be landing this month with my wife and kid. My I94 is valid but H1-B is expired on passport. Would be using AVR but am little scared with the kind of risk involved.
Also, I do not have any address in Canada for getting my PR Card.
Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are u waiting for AOR? @ priay............

hey CCH any last minute tips man? i am all ready and set to become canadian PR :p :p :p :p

Loving Despoooooooooooooooooo

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
despoimmigrant said:
heheheeh shyliiiiiiiiiiiiii i am also scared to use AVR................. i am landing in canada tomorrow........................ when are u planing to land? and where are you going for landing? I am driving................... to toronto..............................i want to pick detroit border for return as i heard from people that staff is very knowledgable and friendly..............

It would be better to get an address for your PR card man........... you need one atleast. i wish i could help you in that but you can try some mail forwarding service. I heard that UPS in canada u can have a street address and they will deliver and forward your mails to US address. i am not sure if anyone here used that but i will try to find link for you if i could in given time.

good luck.
CONGRATS DEPSO!!!
all the best for your landing!
Can you pls. share your timeline of when you applied to CIC, when you got medical request, when you got passport request, when you got it back etc?

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanxxxxxxxxx maruti..... here is my timeline.

Provincial Nominees case: Approved in 372 days (20 days more than average) (Report this case)

User: DespoImmigrant
Nationality: India
Province / Territory: Alberta Applied for Provincial Nomination: 15 Jan 2009
Provincial Nomination Received: 05 May 2009
Canadian Visa Office: New York, USA
Application Sent to Visa Office: 24 Jun 2009
AOR Received Date: 21 Aug 2009
Medicals Requested: 21 Aug 2009
Medicals Done: 26 Aug 2009
Medicals Sent: 02 Sep 2009
File Transferred to Local Consulate: 01 Sep 2009
Initial Assessment Received: ----
Documents Requested: -----
Documents Sent: -----
Passport Requested: 14 Jan 2010
Application Status: approved
Approval/Denial Date: 22 Jan 2010
Passport Received Date: 26 Jan 2010
Landed in Canada: Landing TOMORROW
Landed in City: Total Processing Time: 372 days

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
despoimmigrant said:

hey CCH any last minute tips man? i am all ready and set to become canadian PR :p :p :p :p

Yeah despoimmigrant,

Waiting for AOR

C

cchabert

despoimmigrant said:

Just cross the border man, have a blast!!

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Hey Despo, Thank you so much. I think you will see my post well after you land in Canada. Congrats to you.

Yes - We applied to CIC the same day. Mine had some delays inbetween - with me having to send my newborn's nomination. I am planning to land Jul 3rd. Do keep us posted of your experiences. Good luck and do well.

Cheers,

despoimmigrant said:
Hey rajesh man congratulations................... You made it finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. If i am not wronge we both applied at CIC same day...................... :)