+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello People !!

I finally made it to toronto. I drove from Chicago to detroit and took ambasador bridge to cross the order and landed in windsor. It took 2 hours for immigration officer at canada border to grant me PR. I did had address but they did not want me to use temp address so they gave me form to fax for my pr card to mail. than we went to custom where we had to declare goods to follow in the future. You make sure you prepare that list well in advance to save sometime. i will give you details on that once i come back. with excitement i forgot to ask immigration officer about SIN card so in few minutes i am leaving to apply for our SIN cards. I will write this details once i come back to USA. They gave me temp permite at the border only incase if i dont have PR card in the future and need to come to canada by land only. That permite is not valid if you decide to fly.

thank you all
loving despo...........

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
despoimmigrant said:
Hello People !!

I finally made it to toronto. I drove from Chicago to detroit and took ambasador bridge to cross the order and landed in windsor. It took 2 hours for immigration officer at canada border to grant me PR. I did had address but they did not want me to use temp address so they gave me form to fax for my pr card to mail. than we went to custom where we had to declare goods to follow in the future. You make sure you prepare that list well in advance to save sometime. i will give you details on that once i come back. with excitement i forgot to ask immigration officer about SIN card so in few minutes i am leaving to apply for our SIN cards. I will write this details once i come back to USA. They gave me temp permite at the border only incase if i dont have PR card in the future and need to come to canada by land only. That permite is not valid if you decide to fly.

thank you all
loving despo...........
You have made it and I am sure it is a great feeling of excitement !! CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!!!

avikashyap

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Per recvd 29-12-2011
IELTS Request
Completed and sent with application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Rajesh -

Where do u get the APPROVED status after PPR?

Since I have recieved PPR, I have no status changes on eCAS. My passports are still in NY. DO you think I should see a change is status before they send my passports back?

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
despoimmigrant said:
Hello People !!

thank you all
loving despo...........
Congratualations Despo!!

Am planning to land through Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls next week.

Did they ask for proof of funds??

tulip07

Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Same Question as the above user,

Do we need the proof of funds at anytime in our application process, i have that sitting in my account forever,

If its not needed, I will go ahead it and invest it, or better yet, spend it. ;D

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Avi,

You are correct. The status changes from In-process to Decision Made. For me - it happened the following Monday after they issued my visas. I sent my passports on 3rd May. CIC received it on 5th May. They issued the visas on 11th May. I saw the change in status online on 17th May morning. I received my passports on 17th may - in the afternoon. They had mailed my passports on 14th.

G luk :)

avikashyap said:
Rajesh -

Where do u get the APPROVED status after PPR?

Since I have recieved PPR, I have no status changes on eCAS. My passports are still in NY. DO you think I should see a change is status before they send my passports back?

hsetin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-12-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
Despo,
Were you required to submit a proof of sufficient funds (11K approx.) During this entire process?

despoimmigrant said:
Hello People !!

thank you all
loving despo...........

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Hey Despo boy - I have the same question ..

1. What is Goods to Follow list ? Did you just type out a list and get it printed ? Can you throw in some details please ?

2. Also - Did they ask you for proof of funds ? What did you take with you ?

Thanks dude.

hsetin said:
Despo,
Were you required to submit a proof of sufficient funds (11K approx.) During this entire process?

nv4canada

May 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
12-01-2011
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
Hi All,

Have been reading this forum for some time. Thanks all for sharing your thoughts. Here are my timelines:

1. AINP Nomination Received : 25th Nov 2009 (New Process)
2. Documents sent to CIC : 14th Apr 2010 (Including FBI & State PCCs)
3. MO Cached : 6th May 2010

Jasper/VSRao - would appreciate if you can update the sheet with my Info as well. Thanks in advance.

nv4canada

May 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
12-01-2011
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
Hi Despo,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Was curious to know:

1. My lawyer mentioned that once PR is received, we need to land in Alberta first . But in your case, it seems it didn't matter. is it really mandatory for AINP candidates to land in Alberta as their "port of entry"?

2. It seems from your post that PR card formality can be done at customs as well. Can I provide my cousin's address who stays in Vancouver or does it need to be my address in Alberta?

Appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.

arajesh5 said:
Hey Despo boy - I have the same question ..

1. What is Goods to Follow list ? Did you just type out a list and get it printed ? Can you throw in some details please ?

2. Also - Did they ask you for proof of funds ? What did you take with you ?

Thanks dude.

lovepool4u2001

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2009
Doc's Request.
23-02-2010
Nomination.....
02-06-2010
AOR Received.
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
20-04-2011
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
HI All,

1> I was just curious to know, is there any other plcae in US except from Buffalo where we can submit the case for CIC.
2> Is it make any difference in processing of case if there is any other that buffalo. (I can see all of them applying to Buffalo, if there is any other may be its faster)

Thanks

royalHeart

Mar 20, 2009
Hi all,
I am also a fellow sailor like you. I sent my application to Buffalo during March 15th. Unfortunately I forgot to submit the approval document :(. Later my application was returned. And I sent my application again on April 14, 2010.

Here I am writing to know when can I expect to hear from Buffalo, NY office regarding my AOR or some activity updates.

Thanks for the responses in advance.

Regards,
RH

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........