+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
karl said:
CCH / Moiz/ Srini,
Can you please post the link where the amount (required during landing) for the number of people has been mentioned? This will be helpful as I will be landing with my family and need to know how soon and how much I need to arrange for :D
Also Congrats Moiz on the fresh and successful landing!!
Thx,
Karl
Here it is Karl,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

All the best !

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2010 ( Decision Made on October 25)
karl,

here is the link you are looking for:

The amount of money you need to support your family is determined by the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year.

Number of
Family Members Funds Required (in Canadian dollars)
1 $10,833
2 $13,486
3 $16,580
4 $20,130
5 $22,831
6 $25,749
7 or more $28,668

You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.

srini

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Hi - Can you please confirm once again.... I think these figures are for Federal Applicant's

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Here is the link for provincial nominees (Funds required to settle in Canada)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP73.asp

Hope this helps...

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Who will give you 2-3 months leave from Work while you are on H1b? do you think it's doable OntarioGirl? Yo Unless you are on BENCH than its different story.
GirlOntario said:
Hey moiz4you:

Thanks for briefing. Whatever ease you enjoyed was because of stamped H1B visa. If you had a expired F1/J1 with an approval notice of H1B status then you would have bear thier grilling etc. Actually AVR makes trouble a lot. I think one lesson people should learn is that when land canada, stay there 2-3 months and get the H1B stamping done and then return.

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
email2kale said:
Hi - Can you please confirm once again.... I think these figures are for Federal Applicant's
Yes, you're right those values are for federal applicants. I don't believe there's a specific amount for provincial nominees. If there's one I would like to know it.

C

cchabert

Ok guys the waiting is over, I was running to get home on time to watch the Olympics and when I get to the apartment complex, the lady who kindly gave us her address go out with 4 envelopes on her hand, our PR Cards arrive!
On the back have the date of landing and the city.

Now I can to wear my Canadian colors to cheer this great country!

Peace!

C

cchabert

Interesting:

Following is a list of the top 10 most live able cities as ranked by The Economist:

1. Vancouver, Canada

2. Vienna, Austria

3. Melbourne, Australia

4. Toronto, Canada

5. Calgary, Canada

6. Helsinki, Finland

7. Sydney, Australia

8. Perth, Australia

9. Adelaide, Australia

10. Auckland, New Zealand

Where is USA???????

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100212/lf_nm_life/us_cities_living

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Congrats CCH!! Great going.... what a great time for the cards to arrive - weekend + beginning of Olympics...ha!
And the best places to live, yeah I read that on yahoo yesterday. Surprised to see no US cities there.

So where have you based yourself in Alberta? :)
Karl

cchabert said:
Ok guys the waiting is over, I was running to get home on time to watch the Olympics and when I get to the apartment complex, the lady who kindly gave us her address go out with 4 envelopes on her hand, our PR Cards arrive!

Peace!

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Email2,
Thanks for the link. I went thru it, seems like there is "no requirement" for proof of funds for Provincial Nominees. A PN just has to declare the amount if taking more than $10,000 Canadian.
Is this correct or am I missing some pieces here?
Much thanks,
Karl

email2kale said:
Here is the link for provincial nominees (Funds required to settle in Canada)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP73.asp

Hope this helps...

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
cchabert said:

Peace!
cchabert,

First of all lot's of congratulation, How long it took before CIC request your passport from the day you submitted your AINP Nomination application to CIC, Buffalo.

Some one says we might get Visa stamped with in 6 months. I just want to see the average time.

Thanks

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
All,

In IMM 0008

# 5 Your country of Citizen ship -> Country where I was born
Your country of residence -> Should I write my birth country name or USA (I'm in USA as H1-b visa holder for past 3 years)

Thanks

Fay

Dec 10, 2009
Hi ALL-

Can anyone Please let me know how to prepare a Cashier or Banker Draft in Pound Sterling for U.K Police Clearance (PCC)

I am in U.S and the banks telling they cannot make a Check in Pounds, So if anyone already done please let me know.

Thanks,
Fero

nick_s

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
Hi all,
I'm planning to do my medical in March and I know that immigrant visa stamp will be valid 1 year since the date of our medical. My wife passport will be expired in March 2011, my question: are we going to get immigrant visa up to March 2011? In another words, are they going to give immigrant visa 1 year from medical or up to the passport expiration date, whichever come first?

Thanks in advance!

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
karl said:
Email2,
Thanks for the link. I went thru it, seems like there is "no requirement" for proof of funds for Provincial Nominees. A PN just has to declare the amount if taking more than $10,000 Canadian.
Is this correct or am I missing some pieces here?
Much thanks,
Karl
Yeah, I think that is correct. PN don't need "proof of funds", when I landed they asked me how much money I am bringing and I said $1,500, that's it.