17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
A question to the veterans here:
i am planning on sending my file to Buffalo next month, I am still on H1B visa here no layoffs at my company.
lets say i go with the process, get my canadian visa and everything. do i have to land in alberta? or can i land anywhere else and do the paper work there? get my ssn, bank account, health insurance...
does it all have to be in alberta?
what if i did all these in canada, can i still come back to my job in the usa? since i am not laid off? or will there be any complications at the airport and immigration....?
any input on that?
please advise...

thanks

indium-sulfide-2

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, thank you all very much.

despoimmigrant said:
Hi Indium

First of all congrats !! Well once you get the medical request you must go to Doctor for tests however you must notify doctor that your wife is pregent. They will know what to do. They will conduct your medical examination and your wife's partially i guess. Doctor will not perform x'ray for your wife. But canada immigration does need x'ray for your wife that can be done after her pregnancy. That way only partial medical results will be sent to CIC. They will keep your file in queue. After that once you get new born in your life you have to contact them to add new family memebr in your file. That time they will send you details of how to add new born in to file along with his/her medical request and your wife's x'ray report and also application fee for your new born. Once all those are received by CIC than your file will be processed further.

Summery: you can not postpon your wife's medical. It is advisible to do partial medical for your wife. Doctor will ask first thing when you walk in his clinic that is she pregenant. that time make sure you answer "YES". they will know what to do after that. and no harm asking doctor how rest of the test will be performed on your wife after delivery. they go through this kind of stuff all the time and they have pretty much idea about your situation.

Good Luck.

ichintu

Nov 20, 2009
Hey Despo, did u hear back from CIC? Man i really hope u get urs soon. Alos does anyone know how long it takes NY to return Passport from NY CIC? I am in Canada and did send them a ups prepaid return envelope.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey chintu, i have not heard back from CIC yet. NY is pretty fast recently returning passports. like they take less than 3 days to stamp passports. once they send it through UPS it may take arround 3 to 4 business day to reach you. hope you have kept tracking # for your reference to check on UPS site. Only thing could delay getting your passports back may be customs. Hope that does not happen in your case.

did you check your status that NY got passport or not yet on UPS site? if they already got it today than u should see your ecase status updated next monday saying "decision made". ( damn they are too fast returning passports now a days )

ichintu said:
Hey Despo, did u hear back from CIC? Man i really hope u get urs soon. Alos does anyone know how long it takes NY to return Passport from NY CIC? I am in Canada and did send them a ups prepaid return envelope.

ichintu

Nov 20, 2009
The package is with customs in canada according to UPS they should get it tomorrow.. if i get my passport back by next week i will do my landing the following weekend. Will take a drive down to Montana..

Wish every one good luck.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To, all
It appears my wait is over as well. My Wife just called to inform me that we have got PPR from NY today 14th january 2010. Letter was dated on 7th January and mailed on 11th January.

Thank you all. one of the best day of my life. Planing to take rest of the day off from work and go home to celebrate it.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
To, all
It appears my wait is over as well. My Wife just called to inform me that we have got PPR from NY today 14th january 2010. Letter was dated on 7th January and mailed on 11th January.

Thank you all. one of the best day of my life. Planing to take rest of the day off from work and go home to celebrate it.
congrats man....

Mouli

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Hi,
Yesterday we got our AOR and Medical Request.

It says"Please do notschedule your medical exam until 3 months from the date of this letter.. if you complete your medical too soon, you may be required to be re-examined."

So does it mean we should schedule our medicals till 13th April????? another three month just to get done medicals......then don't know how long it gonna take...........is it with everyone???? it is so freaking annoying. :mad:

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
despoimmigrant said:
To, all

Congrats Despo!!!!!!!!!

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boy this is something new ............................. from CIC..... Is it because they have plenty of applications to deal with? what that letter means is that you have to add 3 months to total process. i am totally with you and yeah it is freaking annoying. why can't they just mail medical after 3 months instead of saying do not conduct medical test till 3 months. anyways good luck rabzee

rabzee said:
Hi,
Yesterday we got our AOR and Medical Request.

It says"Please do notschedule your medical exam until 3 months from the date of this letter.. if you complete your medical too soon, you may be required to be re-examined."

So does it mean we should schedule our medicals till 13th April????? another three month just to get done medicals......then don't know how long it gonna take...........is it with everyone???? it is so freaking annoying. :mad:

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
How did you send the passport, by fedex with a return package?

Was there anything else required besides the RPRF fee?

C

cchabert

despoimmigrant said:
To, all

Congrats! Despo..let's celebrate!!!!!! Cheeers!!!!

shyli

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Newyork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/15/2009
Nomination.....
07/30/2009
File Transfer...
08/18/2009
Med's Done....
09/16/2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12/17/2009
VISA ISSUED...
1/4/2010
LANDED..........
5/31/2010
Congrats Despo!
Very happy for you...finally your long wait is over :)

despoimmigrant said:
To, all

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you CCH Shyli and venky..............

i have sent it through USPS express mail with return USPS express mail.... I had already paid my RFRP fee along with my original application to buffalo. They sent one authorization form which i needed to fill out and send 4 passport pictures of all family members.

CCH yes it is right time to celebrate. tell me how does alberta treating you? i think we need to create on more forum to discuss that in order to limit the content of this forum.

thank you once again all, i will be arround though so do not hasistate to buzz me..................................good luck.