+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

kishankanhaiya

Jan 7, 2009
You can use Automatic Visa Revalidation to enter the US from Canada if you have a new I-94 from USCIS and any expired US visa on your passport.

Please visit http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html

Just a FYI Automatic Visa Revalidation can be used if you travel to Canada for less than 30 days via road or by air. You can submit your question to https://help.cbp.gov/ for further clarification. I highly recommend it!

Also check with your lawyer as we are not lawyers on this forum.

mythdot said:
I am planning to go to Toronto to do my Landing formalities soon.

I have a few questions.

1. The renewal of my H1 was submitted end of September. So till the end of November, I won't have the approved H1. Can I go to Toronto with the H1 application, finish my landing formalities and come back without going to the US Consulate for stamping?
2. Can you give a US address to send the PPR?

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
Does anyone have experience with buffalo ?

I sent buffalo my 1st case specific inquiry about 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything yet. Based on other people experience Avg. response time is 2 to 3 days.

Any idea , or any experience that i should be getting response in next few days. Was it overlooked or it is something good rather than getting generic email of background check .

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
ZAD said:

I sent buffalo my 1st case specific inquiry about 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything yet. Based on other people experience Avg. response time is 2 to 3 days.

Any idea , or any experience that i should be getting response in next few days. Was it overlooked or it is something good rather than getting generic email of background check .
ZAD,

Sofar, I have got replies from Buffalo the very next day of my email. Of course every-time the generic reply of background check.
However, I just got a reply (to my yesterdays email). And it is different this time: No mention of background check. Just says it is in process and they cannot tell when the process will be complete (a good sign???)

Also the moment you write an email, you must get a confirmation (intermediately) acknowledging the receipt of your email to the Buffalo visa office.

Whenever I write to them I include: Name, Imm file #, Date of birth and contact details. with IMM file # on subject line.

Good Luck.

Regards
nataraj

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
dnataraj said:
ZAD said:

ZAD,

Sofar, I have got replies from Buffalo the very next day of my email. Of course every-time the generic reply of background check.
However, I just got a reply (to my yesterdays email). And it is different this time: No mention of background check. Just says it is in process and they cannot tell when the process will be complete (a good sign???)

Also the moment you write an email, you must get a confirmation (intermediately) acknowledging the receipt of your email to the Buffalo visa office.

Whenever I write to them I include: Name, Imm file #, Date of birth and contact details. with IMM file # on subject line.

Good Luck.

Regards
nataraj
Thank you Nataraj

I am keeping eyes on your case too coz I think we are almost togther. My file reached Buffalo back in Dec too. But my additional docs reached buffalo about 10 to 12 days before you in june.

I am happy about your response too, at least you are out of BC. Hopefully we are almost there.

This is mine first inquiry . I don't know - is it good sign or .... at least not getting background check response from them.

Not sure should I contact them again or I lost it in my junk email. But I been very careful about my junk mails too.

One more question. Are you writing them directly by using email address or going through CIC website and following the procedure.

I went through CIC website and it asked me all the above questions and told me I will get response within 28 dasy.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks to all of you who have congratulated me. I wish you all the very best whatever stages you are on in this race. Thanks CCB, Despo and Mani for answering my questions this morning. Thanks Sri for reminding me to include an Express Mail envelope with $17.50 stamp.

I just got back from the USPS and the passports are on their way to New York. They get there 12NOON tomorrow. I hope I did not forget anything and they will accept the home edited, walmart printed photos.

By the way, the lady at the USPS made me fill out both mailing labels completely (even the one that is coming back from New York). I heard somewhere in this forum that we are not supposed to fill out the return label, but the lady said I have to do it.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix !! I sent home edited and walmart printed photos when i sent my application package to Bafflow. So no worries. and you are always welcome !!

can't wait to go home and check my mail box !!

C

cchabert

nix1 said:
Thanks to all of you who have congratulated me. I wish you all the very best whatever stages you are on in this race. Thanks CCB, Despo and Mani for answering my questions this morning. Thanks Sri for reminding me to include an Express Mail envelope with $17.50 stamp.

I just got back from the USPS and the passports are on their way to New York. They get there 12NOON tomorrow. I hope I did not forget anything and they will accept the home edited, walmart printed photos.

By the way, the lady at the USPS made me fill out both mailing labels completely (even the one that is coming back from New York). I heard somewhere in this forum that we are not supposed to fill out the return label, but the lady said I have to do it.
Hey Nix1 When are you planing to land?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
Assuming they will send the passports back with visas in them, I am planning to land sometime before snow starts which could be before the US Thanksgiving. Sometimes I feel like I should wait until next year (April-May), but not sure if that is a good idea. If I land this November, I am coming back in a week or so and I need to start looking for a job in Alberta. I do not have a courage to move to Alberta without a job and I am willing to accept a job in any fields with just about enough salary to support/survive my 4 people family. Thanks.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did I have to sign the cashier's check before sending it? As far as I know, I did not have to, but getting confused right now. I had to make a few cashier's checks and money orders in the past (thanks to CIC's state PCC requirements) and one of them had to be signed before sending and I think that was money order, not the cashier's check. Please somebody confirm me, so I can feel better.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you dont need to sign cashiers check at all. When CIC encashed that check they need to have endorsement at back of the check while depositing. you shoud not be worried about it.

i did not sign any checks when i sent application.
good luck......

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Um.. Nix, sorry to burst your bubble but it has already started snowing in Calgary buddy (and Edmonton). Has been for over 3 weeks now :)

Good luck in Calgary.

Cheers,

nix1 said:
cchabert said:
Assuming they will send the passports back with visas in them, I am planning to land sometime before snow starts which could be before the US Thanksgiving. Sometimes I feel like I should wait until next year (April-May), but not sure if that is a good idea. If I land this November, I am coming back in a week or so and I need to start looking for a job in Alberta. I do not have a courage to move to Alberta without a job and I am willing to accept a job in any fields with just about enough salary to support/survive my 4 people family. Thanks.

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Yeah, snow by thanksgiving is typical for some northern US cities:)

Calgary and Edmonton are roughly about 10 -15 C colder during the winter months.

C

cchabert

Today's weather:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/weather/index.html?city=calgary&rg=ab

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Despo, aNewHope, Venky and CCB. I guess I will have to drive on snow a bit in Alberta if I land in November. I do not mind a little bit of snow as I have been living in Utah for several years and we get quite a bit of snow here too. But it normally does not start until after Thanksgiving. The mountains, though, already have few inches of snow.