+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
mumbaimerijan said:
Thanks All :)

kgh
ECas says Decision made and the passport was sent back using the express mail package .
Thank you very much. If possible, could you please tell me what is the visa date(stamping date not expiry date) on the passport? it looks like they are doing every wednesday, and also they are not sending immediately after stamping. It looks like they are sending it on next monday.

mumbaimerijan

Jan 4, 2009
nix1
I mailed my passport same day (21 JULY). I also included the express mail self addressed envelop . Make sure USPS uses the new express mail stamp which costed me around 17 $.

I had same thoughts that my passport might get delayed but seems NY is quick . One more thing in my passport request CIC didn't asked for Right of permanent resident fee but i still included it to avoid any further delay.

kgh
Stamping date is same when my status changed to decision made . AUG 3rd Monday .

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
mumbaimerijan said:
nix1
I mailed my passport same day (21 JULY). I also included the express mail self addressed envelop . Make sure USPS uses the new express mail stamp which costed me around 17 $.

I had same thoughts that my passport might get delayed but seems NY is quick . One more thing in my passport request CIC didn't asked for Right of permanent resident fee but i still included it to avoid any further delay.

kgh
Stamping date is same when my status changed to decision made . AUG 3rd Monday .
Thanks mumbaimerijan

kishankanhaiya

Jan 7, 2009
Congratulations! did you use the prepaid Standard Express Mail Envelope or did you ask the post office to stamp the envelope?
mumbaimerijan said:
nix1

kgh

mumbaimerijan

Jan 4, 2009
kishankanhaiya
They pasted 17 $ stamp to envelope, i wrote from(NY) address and to (home add) details in the slip which is then pasted on top of your express mail .

One more suggestion , write down the tracking number of return express mail so that you can keep tracking :). I tracked all 10 days to see whether its sent or not. 9 days it said no items found. 10th day at last it showed tracking information .

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
mumbaimerijan said:
Mumbaimerijan,
A joke to celebrate your victory....

There is a saying.. " Bhagawan ke ghar me deri hai andheri nahin hai" I used to make fun of a friend from Mumbai that there IS Andheri in Mumbai. However, you disproved it also. You are the man!!!!

-dna

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnataraj said:
mumbaimerijan said:
Mumbaimerijan,
A joke to celebrate your victory....

There is a saying.. " Bhagawan ke ghar me deri hai andheri nahin hai" I used to make fun of a friend from Mumbai that there IS Andheri in Mumbai. However, you disproved it also. You are the man!!!!

-dna
heheheheh good one dna

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
got letter from CIC asking for two documents :

1. proof of status in US for applicant and spouse

2. Indian police certificate

waiting ....

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
ainpdude,

Why are they asking for your legal status in the US? Didn't you send proofs of visa when you applied to CIC under AINP? I am just wondering because I read in some threads that what matters more to CIC is that you have at least stayed in the US for 1 year and was admitted legally and not so much on your current legal status here in the US.

Thanks.

C

cchabert

jpadz said:
ainpdude,

Why are they asking for your legal status in the US? Didn't you send proofs of visa when you applied to CIC under AINP? I am just wondering because I read in some threads that what matters more to CIC is that you have at least stayed in the US for 1 year and was admitted legally and not so much on your current legal status here in the US.

Thanks.
I agree

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
cchabert said:
jpadz said:
ainpdude,

Thanks.
I agree
They can ask anything whenever they want to....that's how it works. Until and unless we put a step on Alberta's ground, they can ask anything....sorry for me being skeptical !! I've been there, done that :)..and I guess ainpdude would agree with me ...lol. Yet another weekend and yet more chill pills....

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
I just want to know if the proof of status that CIC is asking for ainpdude's application has something to do with the 1 year US residency requirement of the Buffalo office or he really has to prove that he is still in legal status here in the US now.

ainpdude, please copy/paste the exact wordings of CIC's letter with regards to your proof of legal status.

Thanks!
sukhminder said:
cchabert said:
jpadz said:
ainpdude,

Thanks.
I agree
They can ask anything whenever they want to....that's how it works. Until and unless we put a step on Alberta's ground, they can ask anything....sorry for me being skeptical !! I've been there, done that :)..and I guess ainpdude would agree with me ...lol. Yet another weekend and yet more chill pills....

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
here are the exact wordingss... not sure why they want to know legal status ... copy of h1b on my pp has expired
may be that is why... and i had not included my renewed h1b notice in pnp app... so that gives them a good reason
to squawk...

btw, i had sent my india pcc to buffalo on 30 may just before file was transferred to ny office jun 4... wondering
why they didnt forward it ny office... any ways, as per chow the hero's, golden suggestion I had got
two copies of PCC from chicago india consulate... its coming handy :)

"Further processing of your immigration application requires the following document or information to be submitted to our
office as soon as possible. We strongly encourage you to submit these documents in one package, whenever possible, to
the consulate general in new york. All documents have to be submitted by mail. Be sure to quote your file number on all
documents you submit to the consulate.
You must advise this office immediately in writing of any change in your
civil status or family composition (i.e. marrieage, divorce, birth etc) or mailing address.
(NOTE : documents not in english or french must be accompanied by certified translation)

- Original police certificates from INDIA for you and your spouse.

- Evidence of current status in USA for you and your spouse

Please provide within 60 days from the date of this letter, the information/documentation requested above. If you fail to
submit the information and/or documents listed above withing 60 days, no reminder will be sent to you and your
application will be assessed on the basis of the information that is already on file. This may result in the refusal of your
application.

This office does not acknowledge receipt of documents. If you have complied with all instructions and undertaken
all steps, allow 90 days before requesting status of your application.

Immgration"