+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
ainpdude said:
here are the exact wordingss... not sure why they want to know legal status ... copy of h1b on my pp has expired
may be that is why... and i had not included my renewed h1b notice in pnp app... so that gives them a good reason
to squawk...

btw, i had sent my india pcc to buffalo on 30 may just before file was transferred to ny office jun 4... wondering
why they didnt forward it ny office... any ways, as per chow the hero's, golden suggestion I had got
two copies of PCC from chicago india consulate... its coming handy :)

"Further processing of your immigration application requires the following document or information to be submitted to our
office as soon as possible. We strongly encourage you to submit these documents in one package, whenever possible, to
the consulate general in new york. All documents have to be submitted by mail. Be sure to quote your file number on all
documents you submit to the consulate.
You must advise this office immediately in writing of any change in your
civil status or family composition (i.e. marrieage, divorce, birth etc) or mailing address.
(NOTE : documents not in english or french must be accompanied by certified translation)

- Original police certificates from INDIA for you and your spouse.

- Evidence of current status in USA for you and your spouse

Please provide within 60 days from the date of this letter, the information/documentation requested above. If you fail to
submit the information and/or documents listed above withing 60 days, no reminder will be sent to you and your
application will be assessed on the basis of the information that is already on file. This may result in the refusal of your
application.

This office does not acknowledge receipt of documents. If you have complied with all instructions and undertaken
all steps, allow 90 days before requesting status of your application.

Immgration"
LOL ainpdude :)...they got you too ;)....and our Chow is enjoying West Edmonton Mall :) hahaaahaa...In 10 days you will hear something from them ;) they didnt send you the PPR yet...isnt it?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mumbaimerijan,

Thanks for taking the time to reply my question. I wish you happy landing in Alberta or whatever province you decide to land.

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
ainpdude said:
here are the exact wordingss... not sure why they want to know legal status ... copy of h1b on my pp has expired
may be that is why... and i had not included my renewed h1b notice in pnp app... so that gives them a good reason
to squawk...

btw, i had sent my india pcc to buffalo on 30 may just before file was transferred to ny office jun 4... wondering
why they didnt forward it ny office... any ways, as per chow the hero's, golden suggestion I had got

"Further processing of your immigration application requires the following document or information to be submitted to our
office as soon as possible. We strongly encourage you to submit these documents in one package, whenever possible, to
the consulate general in new york. All documents have to be submitted by mail. Be sure to quote your file number on all
civil status or family composition (i.e. marrieage, divorce, birth etc) or mailing address.
(NOTE : documents not in english or french must be accompanied by certified translation)

Please provide within 60 days from the date of this letter, the information/documentation requested above. If you fail to
submit the information and/or documents listed above withing 60 days, no reminder will be sent to you and your
application will be assessed on the basis of the information that is already on file. This may result in the refusal of your
application.

This office does not acknowledge receipt of documents. If you have complied with all instructions and undertaken

Immgration"
For us all... lol >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2L9IKVe9LA

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
sukhminder said:
ainpdude said:
to squawk...

application.

Immgration"
For us all... lol >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2L9IKVe9LA

lol,,,, thanks sukh that video coupled with some concentrated chill pills is quiete soothing...

boy chow must have bought a house and got citizenship by now .... :p kiddin...

he he they got me too man ... they will be getting the requested documents monday morning..
after that the chilly pilly waiting game continues....

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Well Jpadz,

I am not sure why they want to know my legal status ... and why it matters to them anymore... yes it is a AINP requirement to be 1 yr legal in US...
which was demonstrated with the documents on the basis of which AINP nominated me...

my passport h1b has expired and i had not included my renewed h1b notice in the pnp application when i sent pnp app to buffalo...

the current requirement from Ny is "evidence of my legal status in US" there is no 1 yr stipulation, plan to send the renewed
I 797 notice, copy of LCA and recent two paystubs...

jpadz said:
I just want to know if the proof of status that CIC is asking for ainpdude's application has something to do with the 1 year US residency requirement of the Buffalo office or he really has to prove that he is still in legal status here in the US now.

ainpdude, please copy/paste the exact wordings of CIC's letter with regards to your proof of legal status.

Thanks!
sukhminder said:
cchabert said:
jpadz said:
ainpdude,

Why are they asking for your legal status in the US? Didn't you send proofs of visa when you applied to CIC under AINP? I am just wondering because I read in some threads that what matters more to CIC is that you have at least stayed in the US for 1 year and was admitted legally and not so much on your current legal status here in the US.

Thanks.
I agree
They can ask anything whenever they want to....that's how it works. Until and unless we put a step on Alberta's ground, they can ask anything....sorry for me being skeptical !! I've been there, done that :)..and I guess ainpdude would agree with me ...lol. Yet another weekend and yet more chill pills....

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
sukhminder said:
cchabert said:
jpadz said:
ainpdude,

Why are they asking for your legal status in the US? Didn't you send proofs of visa when you applied to CIC under AINP? I am just wondering because I read in some threads that what matters more to CIC is that you have at least stayed in the US for 1 year and was admitted legally and not so much on your current legal status here in the US.

Thanks.
I agree
They can ask anything whenever they want to....that's how it works. Until and unless we put a step on Alberta's ground, they can ask anything....sorry for me being skeptical !! I've been there, done that :)..and I guess ainpdude would agree with me ...lol. Yet another weekend and yet more chill pills....

I second with Sukh, the super smart ppl can ask anything... boy who had dreamed they would ask for I 797....

Lets all Hail The chilpil ! cheers !

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
Check this out ppl :) ...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t12089.0.html%3bnew%3btopicseen#new

Count the really GOOD blessings TWICE :)

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
ainpdude,

Thanks for sharing.

I am just concerned because my passport has an expired visa too. I can't remember if I send a receipt notice to them when i applied to cic way back in april. Things don't look good now in the workplace and I might be laid off too anytime soon which will eventually make me out of status in the US.

Whew!!! That is definitely not a good news to me. I really thought that I just have to wait for passport request after our medical exam.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
jpadz said:
ainpdude,

Thanks for sharing.

I am just concerned because my passport has an expired visa too. I can't remember if I send a receipt notice to them when i applied to cic way back in april. Things don't look good now in the workplace and I might be laid off too anytime soon which will eventually make me out of status in the US.

Whew!!! That is definitely not a good news to me. I really thought that I just have to wait for passport request after our medical exam.
jpadz,

my 2 cents

i dont think there is any stipulation of being in status in the US as a condition for approval... i mean yes they want to make sure that applicant is legal
at all times in the US ... but should one move to home country for some reason and as long as CIC is informed my understanding is there should be no issues...
no wonder CIC always ask them to keep informed with address changes....

i believe the reason they asked me is becuz passport visa has expired... shud i have added my I797 approval they would not have asked for it...
if you are doubtful with job and not sure if u have sent it, i will suggest you that while you are already in status to go ahead send a copy of h1 / h4
approval for you and your dependents along with LCA, paystubs and other h1b documentation...

this should help in allaying them from raising any queries related to your h1b status...good luck

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
yrinaldy said:
Nomad:

Congrats.

You will probably get something by Thurs or Fri this week.

NYC is handling your case?
yrinaldy,
you were wrong.... I got my PPR today, Sat and not Thu or Fri ... so booyaaaah. kiddin. you were right :D

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomad,

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. Are you going to mail the passports to New York, NY OR go in person for visa stamp?

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations, Man! Go plant the Hokie flag first!

Cheers,

nomad_musafir said:
yrinaldy said:
Nomad:

Congrats.

You will probably get something by Thurs or Fri this week.

NYC is handling your case?
yrinaldy,
you were wrong.... I got my PPR today, Sat and not Thu or Fri ... so booyaaaah. kiddin. you were right :D