+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

akk

Sep 2, 2008
That is not correct.
I received the letter requesting passports and they say they will ONLY stamp the visa if you have at least ONE YEAR valid....I had 11 months and a half, damn it...had to renew it.

Akk

J1visa said:
I think you can send your old passport. However, your PR visa will be expired in Jan 2010, not July 2010.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
sukhminder said:
Yea me too was expecting PPR from LA but I got a letter today stating that LA had completed the Initial Assessment of my application. and expect to finalize the application without interview. They however had asked me to submit the following documents to support my application.

1) Written personal statement providing details of family members in Canada and their residential addresses in Canada.
2) Written personal statement providing reason for wishing to immigrate to Canada.

Now senior guys please pour in your ideas so that I can frame the letter exactly to the point that they need and send it to them today or at the most tomorrow morning. I have maternal family in Canada so providing their details is not an issue, the main thing is for that personal statement....which is tricky.

If anyone ever got that sort of thing with the Initial Assessment letter, please share your thoughts. I'd highly appreciate that.

Thanks in advance!!
sukhminder,
First of all Congratulation for hearing something from the LA Consulate at least. With immigration you can never tell what they want or why they want something. However If I were you, I'll make them to know that I look at Canada as one of the greatest countries in the world,that with my education I plan to improve more on myself while contributing positively to the great country of Canada and last but not the least I love the fact that the system is family orientated making it a great place to work hard,spend time with the wify LOL and bring up your kids as well.

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
rascojenkins said:
sukhminder said:
Yea me too was expecting PPR from LA but I got a letter today stating that LA had completed the Initial Assessment of my application. and expect to finalize the application without interview. They however had asked me to submit the following documents to support my application.

1) Written personal statement providing details of family members in Canada and their residential addresses in Canada.
2) Written personal statement providing reason for wishing to immigrate to Canada.

Now senior guys please pour in your ideas so that I can frame the letter exactly to the point that they need and send it to them today or at the most tomorrow morning. I have maternal family in Canada so providing their details is not an issue, the main thing is for that personal statement....which is tricky.

If anyone ever got that sort of thing with the Initial Assessment letter, please share your thoughts. I'd highly appreciate that.

Thanks in advance!!
sukhminder,
First of all Congratulation for hearing something from the LA Consulate at least. With immigration you can never tell what they want or why they want something. However If I were you, I'll make them to know that I look at Canada as one of the greatest countries in the world,that with my education I plan to improve more on myself while contributing positively to the great country of Canada and last but not the least I love the fact that the system is family orientated making it a great place to work hard,spend time with the wify LOL and bring up your kids as well.
Thanks rasco, ainp, despo, bendjoe..I will post it tomorrow.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
sukhminder said:

Thanks in advance!!
Sukhminder,

This just my guess and nothing else.

I guess you are a Sikh and probably they want to know why did you select Alberta over Ontario (Toronto) or Vancouver (BC) where there is sizable Sikh population. They may be thinking this Sardaar will move to BC or ON later :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal, Sat Sri Akaal !!

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
dnataraj said:
sukhminder said:

Thanks in advance!!
Sukhminder,

This just my guess and nothing else.

I guess you are a Sikh and probably they want to know why did you select Alberta over Ontario (Toronto) or Vancouver (BC) where there is sizable Sikh population. They may be thinking this Sardaar will move to BC or ON later :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal, Sat Sri Akaal !!
lol...I can understand your viewpoint DNA...but I had a huge collection of documents which had my real sister's PR cards etc...apart from other relatives' documents and they all are in Edmonton :D...but u just dont know what these retards can ask at what stage :(

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
bendjoe said:
sukhminder said:

Thanks in advance!!
What made them to request these things. Can't think of a reason why they are asking for this.

May be you troubled them with too many e-mail inquiries.
lol

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhminder said:
Sukhminder,

I think the LA consulate staff who was high on Ganja when he checked your file has mistaken your application as a Federal Skilled Worker. He did not realize it was a PNP case. It is clearly a mistake and if it was not, the question should have been "Written personal statement providing reason for wishing to immigrate to ALBERTA", not to Canada. We are moving to Canada, but the program we are going through is for Alberta and that is what they should have asked. Nonetheless, it is better to provide what they want and shut their mouths than start a fight with them. Good luck.

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Finally got my AOR today...

My timelines are

Application reached visa office buffalo on May 4th 2009
Check cashed on May 18th 2009
Recieved AOR July 20th 2009.

Also i just got the medical forms, they did not ask for any other thing. Does that mean they dont want any updated police records. Please advise.

Thank you

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
nix1 said:
sukhminder said:
I think the LA consulate staff who was high on Ganja when he checked your file has mistaken your application as a Federal Skilled Worker. He did not realize it was a PNP case. It is clearly a mistake and if it was not, the question should have been "Written personal statement providing reason for wishing to immigrate to ALBERTA", not to Canada. We are moving to Canada, but the program we are going through is for Alberta and that is what they should have asked. Nonetheless, it is better to provide what they want and shut their mouths than start a fight with them. Good luck.
I have a similar feeling they are not sure whether u are PNP or FSW.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
moiz4you said:
Finally got my AOR today...

My timelines are

Application reached visa office buffalo on May 4th 2009
Check cashed on May 18th 2009
Recieved AOR July 20th 2009.

Also i just got the medical forms, they did not ask for any other thing. Does that mean they dont want any updated police records. Please advise.

Thank you
Congrats on AOR/med request. If they have to ask for PCCs it will be letter.However its your place to put them together and send to save yourself some time.
Good Luck

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
I learnt Friday that my check has been cashed. Not sure of the date.

My timeline

Application reached visa office buffalo on June 1st 2009
Check cashed on June ??

Hopefully should receive AOR within a month based on the timeline of others.

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi Sukh,

As advised by all the other members, it is better to send in a detailed explanation on the point 2 ( As Bendjoe is suggesting, it does look like there is a confusion on the application type).

All i can say is -'That this too shall pass ' . Each additonal obstacle would make the final result even sweeter.
Good luck in your process and God bless .

sukhminder said:
bendjoe said:
sukhminder said:

Thanks in advance!!
What made them to request these things. Can't think of a reason why they are asking for this.

May be you troubled them with too many e-mail inquiries.
lol...bendjoe...heck I didnt send them those many emails that they have started testing my intentions...:) but anyways they just dont know patience and perseverance of Indians :D...lots of time they do things without reasons....like one of my friends AINP certificate for H1B SRS was sent to New-Delhi whereas he is in USA...lol...I will shut their mouth with what they asked tomorrow first thing in the morning :) ;)

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi thanks for reply

So,any way i have to re new my passport,so can i do it before they request for passport rand send them a copy of new passport and a explaination of situtation or else shall i wait till i get passport request and apply at that time a send them old and new passport..please share your ideas...

Thanks

akk said:
That is not correct.
I received the letter requesting passports and they say they will ONLY stamp the visa if you have at least ONE YEAR valid....I had 11 months and a half, damn it...had to renew it.

Akk

J1visa said:
I think you can send your old passport. However, your PR visa will be expired in Jan 2010, not July 2010.