+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

akk

Sep 2, 2008
if you are applying for new passport, then your old passport will not be valid anymore.
When they request passports, send both of them and a letter explaining the situation.

Akk
[
quote author=satyac link=topic=15729.msg115867#msg115867 date=1248101649]
Passport Extention

Hi
I done with medicals on july 8 ,now im appling for new passport as my passport is about to exipre in jan 2010.
i think if i get new passport should i need to update this with NY consulate.Does this will cause any delay in gettting passport request.Or else shall i wait till i get passport request and can i send old passport.
I read in this forum that i need to have 1 year valid passport from the date of medicals do this will cause any issue.

please can you shed some light on it please

Thanks
[/quote]

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
hi

Thanks for replies....
I was wondering that what must be the validity period of passport during the time of passport request,do it must be 6 months from time i send passport or else 6 months from time of submitting application.

Please share your views...

Thanks

rk

Nov 25, 2008
We expected couple of PPR today..but no luck (my ecas still not showing Medicals received)

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
Yea me too was expecting PPR from LA but I got a letter today stating that LA had completed the Initial Assessment of my application. and expect to finalize the application without interview. They however had asked me to submit the following documents to support my application.

1) Written personal statement providing details of family members in Canada and their residential addresses in Canada.
2) Written personal statement providing reason for wishing to immigrate to Canada.

Now senior guys please pour in your ideas so that I can frame the letter exactly to the point that they need and send it to them today or at the most tomorrow morning. I have maternal family in Canada so providing their details is not an issue, the main thing is for that personal statement....which is tricky.

If anyone ever got that sort of thing with the Initial Assessment letter, please share your thoughts. I'd highly appreciate that.

Thanks in advance!!

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
sukhminder said:
Yea me too was expecting PPR from LA but I got a letter today stating that LA had completed the Initial Assessment of my application. and expect to finalize the application without interview. They however had asked me to submit the following documents to support my application.

1) Written personal statement providing details of family members in Canada and their residential addresses in Canada.
2) Written personal statement providing reason for wishing to immigrate to Canada.

Now senior guys please pour in your ideas so that I can frame the letter exactly to the point that they need and send it to them today or at the most tomorrow morning. I have maternal family in Canada so providing their details is not an issue, the main thing is for that personal statement....which is tricky.

If anyone ever got that sort of thing with the Initial Assessment letter, please share your thoughts. I'd highly appreciate that.

Thanks in advance!!

well sukh something is happening on ur case which is good...

never heard of such letter requested from CIC before....

my 2 cents :

" Based on my professional and educational background in XYZ field and
considering my future goals, the available opportunities, standard of living and
secured environment, Canada becomes an ideal destination for me to reside and
contribute. "

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can someone tell me how long is the file number i just got copy of my check and there is one stamp back of it with barcode and it looks like below

B XXXX XXXX X

is this AOR ?

Thank you all

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
despoimmigrant said:
can someone tell me how long is the file number i just got copy of my check and there is one stamp back of it with barcode and it looks like below

B XXXX XXXX X

is this AOR ?

Thank you all
Yes that is the File Number. You wont be able to see the status until CIC had entered it into their database. But that is the file number which you will get when they will send you the AOR/Medicals letter. Chill out :) lol till then....

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhminder said:
despoimmigrant said:

B XXXX XXXX X

is this AOR ?

Thank you all
Yes that is the File Number. You wont be able to see the status until CIC had entered it into their database. But that is the file number which you will get when they will send you the AOR/Medicals letter. Chill out :) lol till then....

Thank you sukh you are right i dont see anything on status. Looks like they have not put me in their system.
lol no chilling till i land in Canada.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
sukhminder said:

Thanks in advance!!
What made them to request these things. Can't think of a reason why they are asking for this.

May be you troubled them with too many e-mail inquiries.

ZAD

Jun 24, 2009
sukhminder said:

Thanks in advance!!
r u sure about the documents required by LA

Never seen such a RFE

From AINP- H1b point of view this is ridicolous, especially Question No. 2 does not make ANY sense

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
bendjoe said:
sukhminder said:

Thanks in advance!!
What made them to request these things. Can't think of a reason why they are asking for this.

May be you troubled them with too many e-mail inquiries.
lol...bendjoe...heck I didnt send them those many emails that they have started testing my intentions...:) but anyways they just dont know patience and perseverance of Indians :D...lots of time they do things without reasons....like one of my friends AINP certificate for H1B SRS was sent to New-Delhi whereas he is in USA...lol...I will shut their mouth with what they asked tomorrow first thing in the morning :) ;)

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
r u sure about the documents required by LA

Never seen such a RFE

From AINP- H1b point of view this is ridicolous, especially Question No. 2 does not make ANY sense

[/quote]Yes they asked about the documents that I mentioned :) and I had written the exact wording from the IA letter :) lol....I will let them know tomorrow my intentions to goto Alberta...

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhminder said:

Thanks in advance!!
I must say agree with others that never seen such thing before with H1B AINP process. I had prepared letter 2 years back for my federal application but i never applied for it. specially for number 2 item in your list. it was almost 1 and half page. if i find it in next hour or so i will get back to you and send you by email. but i advise dont wait on me.

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Sukh:

Wow - this is the 1st time I've ever heard such request.

Weird since we're H1B SRS - it's clear the intention for us to immigrate - what's your NOC? Maybe you can tied-in your NOC with the intention to immigrate - similar to new Alberta AINP questionnaire (something like .. why are you intend to settle in Alberta, etc.. ) Some of members post their generic statement there in different post.

Hope this helps. And good luck to you.

sukhminder said:

Thanks in advance!!