+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
kimfromindia said:
Sukhminder

I didn't thought of going to LA consulate...I posted my passport...
Based on Seinfied's experience it will not make a difference if you go there or mail your passport same is 10 days as per the Lady who called Seinfield
and asked him to mail his passport for Visa stampimg.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
hi despoimmigrant did u'r check got cashed from CIC? yours and mine are almost same timeline. Just an update on my case. my resubmitted application reached CIC on june 22nd and it shows that CIC cashed my money order on july 13th. whats the progress on u'r case?

Seinfeld

May 31, 2009
Actually, getting stamping in person option wasn't given to me. The consulate official added it's not a one or two days job anyway, when I asked if I can come with my family (I wanted to finish off this year's DisneyLand trip for my daughter ;-).
A point here: If you want the consulate to fedex back your passports, the only way is to send a fedex envelope with your FEDEX ACCOUNT info. No other mode of payment (like credit card # in the return fedex envelope) will be accepted. For this reason, mine was sent in USPS certified mail and for like 3 days I had to anxiously wait for passports without any tracking number. And, LA consulate took exactly 6 working days to send it back.

rascojenkins said:
kimfromindia said:
Sukhminder

Base on Senfied's experience it will not make a difference if you go there or mail your passport same is 10 days as per the Lady who called Senfield

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Seinfeld said:
Actually, getting stamping in person option wasn't given to me. The consulate official added it's not a one or two days job anyway, when I asked if I can come with my family (I wanted to finish off this year's DisneyLand trip for my daughter ;-).
A point here: If you want the consulate to fedex back your passports, the only way is to send a fedex envelope with your FEDEX ACCOUNT info. No other mode of payment (like credit card # in the return fedex envelope) will be accepted. For this reason, mine was sent in USPS certified mail and for like 3 days I had to anxiously wait for passports without any tracking number. And, LA consulate took exactly 6 working days to send it back.

rascojenkins said:
kimfromindia said:
Sukhminder

Base on Senfied's experience it will not make a difference if you go there or mail your passport same is 10 days as per the Lady who called Senfield
what about usps return envelope with stamp and tracking no.

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
Seinfeld said:
Seinfeld which number did you call in LA? Is there any chance to know if LA received the medicals from Ottawa yet or not? They havent replied to any of my emails and I am little anxious to know about that information?

Seinfeld

May 31, 2009
sukhminder said:
Seinfeld said:
Seinfeld which number did you call in LA? Is there any chance to know if LA received the medicals from Ottawa yet or not? They havent replied to any of my emails and I am little anxious to know about that information?
Bendjoe - USPS envelope with stamps/tracking no. could work. Basically, the consulate doesn't accept an envelope with a credit card no.

Sukhminder - I didn't call up the consulate. Both the times they reached me which was from a blocked number. Till I got PPR, even my medicals status wasn't updated and wasn't sure if it was accepted fine by Ottawa.

kishankanhaiya

Jan 7, 2009
I got the Police certificate request from NY Consulate. I am suprised they are asking me to go and get my medicals done. My doctor already sent them the medical results on May 27th via FedEx. Did people who got Police Certificate requests get the same type of letter?

Below is what they said.

Please be advised that your immigration interview is waived pending receipt of all the documents mentioned in this letter and passing medical exams. You and your family may now proceed with the medical exams. We strongly encourage you to submit these documents in one package, whenever possible, to the Canadian Consulate General in New York. All documents have to be submitted by mail. We do not accept documents by email. Be sure to quote your file number on all the documents you submit to the Consulate. You must advise this office immediately in writing of any change in your civil status or family composition (i.e. marriage, divorce, birth of new child, etc.) or mailing address. (NOTE: Documents not in English or French must be accompanied by certified translations).

OTHER: -POLICE CLEARANCE FROM THE STATES OF X and Y.

Please provide within 60 days from the date of this letter, the information/documentation requested above. If you fail to submit the information and/or documents listed above within 60 days, no reminder will be sent to you and your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that is already on the file. This may result in the refusal of your application.This office does not acknowledge receipt of documents. If you have complied wjth all instructions and undertaken all steps, allow 90 days before requesting status of your application.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
kishankanhaiya said:
I got the Police certificate request from NY Consulate. I am suprised they are asking me to go and get my medicals done. My doctor already sent them the medical results on May 27th via FedEx. Did people who got Police Certificate requests get the same type of letter?

Below is what they said.

Please be advised that your immigration interview is waived pending receipt of all the documents mentioned in this letter and passing medical exams. You and your family may now proceed with the medical exams. We strongly encourage you to submit these documents in one package, whenever possible, to the Canadian Consulate General in New York. All documents have to be submitted by mail. We do not accept documents by email. Be sure to quote your file number on all the documents you submit to the Consulate. You must advise this office immediately in writing of any change in your civil status or family composition (i.e. marriage, divorce, birth of new child, etc.) or mailing address. (NOTE: Documents not in English or French must be accompanied by certified translations).

OTHER: -POLICE CLEARANCE FROM THE STATES OF X and Y.

Please provide within 60 days from the date of this letter, the information/documentation requested above. If you fail to submit the information and/or documents listed above within 60 days, no reminder will be sent to you and your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that is already on the file. This may result in the refusal of your application.This office does not acknowledge receipt of documents. If you have complied wjth all instructions and undertaken all steps, allow 90 days before requesting status of your application.
I can understand your anxiety. However, not to worry.

Once your doctor sends the medical reports to Ottawa, it takes time to be updated. Probably NY CIC did not have the info about your medicals when they sent the request for police certificates. For example, in my case they sent the request for police certificates dated March 25th. However I had undergone medicals on 25th march meaning before they had created police certificate request.

All you have to do is send them a letter with your file #, date of birth, Fedex tracking # and print out of FedEex delivery mentioning your completion of medicals. Make sure you send these details by FedEx/UPS so that you will have the proof handy.

-dna

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
kishankanhaiya said:
kishankanhaiya dont worry about it too much....CIC is full of surprises :) people land in canada and start their lives and eCas doesnt get updated :) with even medicals...It makes sense what DNA said in his reply.

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
i suggest we open a new thread for files getting sent to LA. so that we can track of the timelines for the said consulate too.

sukhminder said:
kimfromindia said:
Sukhminder

My ecas status does not say anything ab medicals.... This is what is shows...

"We started processing your application on May XX, 2009.

We transferred your application to the XXXX office on May XX, 2009. The XXXX office may contact you.
Oh thank you so much for clarifying this. Actually what we have seen is that most of the people who got the PPR had their status changed to "Medicals Received" before they got the actually letter requesting PPR whereas now with your reply its clear that LA CIC DONOT necessarily change the eCas regularly and there are cases where they sent the PPR and still didnt change the eCas status. Your eCas might change on Monday cos that's when I've heard they update eCas information. Thanks again for your reply. Did you figure out if LA CIC would take the passports in person (cos that is THE most fastest and sureshot way to get Visa stamped)

@rasco and @bendjoe ...this can be useful info for us :)

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
optimusprime said:
i suggest we open a new thread for files getting sent to LA. so that we can track of the timelines for the said consulate too.

sukhminder said:
kimfromindia said:
Sukhminder

We transferred your application to the XXXX office on May XX, 2009. The XXXX office may contact you.
Oh thank you so much for clarifying this. Actually what we have seen is that most of the people who got the PPR had their status changed to "Medicals Received" before they got the actually letter requesting PPR whereas now with your reply its clear that LA CIC DONOT necessarily change the eCas regularly and there are cases where they sent the PPR and still didnt change the eCas status. Your eCas might change on Monday cos that's when I've heard they update eCas information. Thanks again for your reply. Did you figure out if LA CIC would take the passports in person (cos that is THE most fastest and sureshot way to get Visa stamped)

optimusprime is your file also in LA? I agree with your idea to open another thread for LA CIC Files.

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
optimusprime said:

sukhminder said:
kimfromindia said:
Sukhminder

I created a new thread for LA Files at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicants-whose-files-are-in-la-consulate-for-ainp-h1b-srs-t22203.0.html @rasco, bendjoe, kimfromindia, senfield...and others if you want to include your dates, you can please do so at that URL so that people following us can have little breath of air...

sandar

Apr 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05/2009
AOR Received.
11/2009
File Transfer...
01/2010
Med's Request
12/2009
Med's Done....
12/2009
Passport Req..
?
Hi everyone,
I 've heard that CIC is asking for a second set of Police Certificates after the medicals are done, so I am wondering if anyone knows do we have to set the WHOLE SET OF CERTIFICATES (me and my spose did state, FBI, our home countries and some other countries, and it took us 1.5 month) or we can just send FBI and state (because we did not leave the country)?

kishankanhaiya

Jan 7, 2009
sukhminder and dna, thanks for your replies. I will send them the FedEx proof of delivery for my medicals with the police certificates.

Will keep all posted of my case progress on this forum.

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
sandar said:
Hi everyone,
I 've heard that CIC is asking for a second set of Police Certificates after the medicals are done, so I am wondering if anyone knows do we have to set the WHOLE SET OF CERTIFICATES (me and my spose did state, FBI, our home countries and some other countries, and it took us 1.5 month) or we can just send FBI and state (because we did not leave the country)?
Where did you hear that from? And it depends on "them" also, I mean the CIC. Sometimes some consulate may ask for it and some may not. I had sent every PCC (excluding FBI) to them (LA) without those freaks asking me....just so that whenever someone sees my file, they find the PCCs in place from one year back...lol. You think for yourself and decide....if they would NEED it then they will definitely ask you. If you want to have everything handy just in case they ask then you can request for fresh copies may be state PCCs. Its all catch 22 brother :) u just dont know until they ask.