+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
AlbertaCitizen said:
bendjoe said:
chow said:
bendjoe said:
I submitted home country PCCs FBI along with the initial application in Feb. Now they need just the home country PCC alone no FBI.
They have given four months to obtain the documents.
Bendjoe,
What was the on your home pcc which you submitted initially with they application?
date was Jan 15th.

This is something which doesn't makes sense. If you are here and you already gave them PCC in Jan then why do they think that you did remote crime in India by sitting in California??? Or they are not doing thier own Criminal check so they want you to provide them recent Indian PCC. Are you married? Do they think that your spouse was here and you went to India for two weeks in March for a robbery and came back because your spouse was here?
LOL that's funny Albertawhatever Bendjoe just give them what the want and get your PR.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
The consulate will issue PCC the same day since I haven't traveled outside US since the day of last PCC issue. For the proof of employment I am planning to send Paystus. I am a single applicant.
So I will post it by this weekend. They gave me 4 months time.

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
yrinaldy said:
Thanks. And they also request proof of full time employment? My H1b expired last month and I'm on F1 now. Do you think I should notify them now... ? Wonder what will happen if I can't provide it...
yrinaldy:

I think you should notify them if you want to go by books. Below is from one of their FAQs

6. What happens if I am laid off? Change jobs? My H1B visa expires? Or I leave the USA before I obtain permanent
resident status?

Your H1-B visa needs to current and valid and you need to be legally working at the time of final decision by the AINP. You are always required to notify the AINP of any changes of employment conditions or change of address if your situation changes following nomination by the AINP.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
chow, I send the passport copy. I dont know how they cant take that as a proof. I am sending both I-20 and I-797. I havent informed to cic about change of status yet> i only informed alberta. now what should i write them. I might need to change in schedule I Imm008 under the section
your current status in the country as student (f1) . I am afraid if it affects my application. I also need an explanation for Gaps more than 3 months in my education history. now when i make this change do i have to sign the documents again with current date or just change the related field and leave the rest as it is. Any idea folks??

chow

Sep 23, 2008
bendjoe said:
The consulate will issue PCC the same day since I haven't traveled outside US since the day of last PCC issue. For the proof of employment I am planning to send Paystus. I am a single applicant.
I don't think so they give you on the same day. NY consulate didn't give me. I took 2 times after I left India. But they took around 16days to issue a new pcc.

Did they ask you your CURRENT US legal status?

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
bendjoe said:
Great Bendjoe that means you are almost at the end of the road. Hopfully they'll send your Passport request as soon as you send the docs
Goodluck

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
dipen said:
chow, I send the passport copy. I dont know how they cant take that as a proof. I am sending both I-20 and I-797. I havent informed to cic about change of status yet> i only informed alberta. now what should i write them. I might need to change in schedule I Imm008 under the section
your current status in the country as student (f1) . I am afraid if it affects my application. I also need an explanation for Gaps more than 3 months in my education history. now when i make this change do i have to sign the documents again with current date or just change the related field and leave the rest as it is. Any idea folks??
Dipen:

I have read in this forum people sending I - 94 for proof of legal stay. I - 94 is the only document that gives your date of entry into US. So if your current I -94 date is less than one year then you may have to send copies of old I -94.

This is what I would do:

1) I -797 as proof of H1B status when you applied
2) I - 94 for proof of legal entry and length of stay
3) I - 20 as proof of current staus - implying change of status from H1B

just my 2 cents...

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
I was thinking I would send the old I-20 plus the I-797 and not the new I-20 which I received recently. anyways my confusion is when i sen
d these documents I might have to amend schedule I IMM008 under the section your current status in the country as student (f1). Right??
when i first send my application to cic I was still h1 so I put H1.now CIC returned my application and status is back to f1. So should I write Current status as F1 on that form. Does it make things worst. And when I update this form and send to cic should I put current date or leave the rest of the form as it is with old date.

AlbertaAINP said:
dipen said:
Dipen:

I have read in this forum people sending I - 94 for proof of legal stay. I - 94 is the only document that gives your date of entry into US. So if your current I -94 date is less than one year then you may have to send copies of old I -94.

This is what I would do:

1) I -797 as proof of H1B status when you applied
2) I - 94 for proof of legal entry and length of stay
3) I - 20 as proof of current staus - implying change of status from H1B

just my 2 cents...

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
AlbertaAINP:

That's exactly what I did - I notified AINP (Alberta) since it said so in its requirement. However, I did not (or have not) informed CIC yet - since there is no requirement to notify CIC. And now.. I am seriously thinking to notify CIC about my change of status.

AlbertaAINP said:
yrinaldy said:
Thanks. And they also request proof of full time employment? My H1b expired last month and I'm on F1 now. Do you think I should notify them now... ? Wonder what will happen if I can't provide it...
yrinaldy:

I think you should notify them if you want to go by books. Below is from one of their FAQs

6. What happens if I am laid off? Change jobs? My H1B visa expires? Or I leave the USA before I obtain permanent
resident status?

Your H1-B visa needs to current and valid and you need to be legally working at the time of final decision by the AINP. You are always required to notify the AINP of any changes of employment conditions or change of address if your situation changes following nomination by the AINP.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
yrinaldy said:
AlbertaAINP:

That's exactly what I did - I notified AINP (Alberta) since it said so in its requirement. However, I did not (or have not) informed CIC yet - since there is no requirement to notify CIC. And now.. I am seriously thinking to notify CIC about my change of status.

AlbertaAINP said:
yrinaldy said:
yrinaldy:

resident status?

Whatever you do let CIC know that you hard already notified AINP of your status change.

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
dipen said:
I was thinking I would send the old I-20 plus the I-797 and not the new I-20 which I received recently. anyways my confusion is when i sen
d these documents I might have to amend schedule I IMM008 under the section your current status in the country as student (f1). Right??
when i first send my application to cic I was still h1 so I put H1.now CIC returned my application and status is back to f1. So should I write Current status as F1 on that form. Does it make things worst. And when I update this form and send to cic should I put current date or leave the rest of the form as it is with old date.
I do not exactly know the answer for your situation. But here is my guess...Fill the forms based on your current status and enclose a detailed letter explaining everything.

If you are changing your current status to F1 then you should change the date also.

I hope someone who has already done this and has better knowledge about this answers your question.

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
bendjoe said:
Now it looks like that single applicants will be more under dounbt. Because it is a conservative perception that person with spouse have less chances to get involve in crime. have you been single and living in US for long time?