+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
kimfromindia said:
I got my passport back from LA consulate. Passport reached LA on 20th july... LA posted back passport on 24th july. They gave me time till next year MAY....I did my medicals in MAY...
Could you please post your timeline @ http://tinyurl.com/AINP-Tracking-System

AlbertaResident

Jul 22, 2009
vsrao said:
Could you please post your timeline @ http://tinyurl.com/AINP-Tracking-System
dear vsrao,

i would like to commend you on the forum for this great work of creating the tracking sheet. you are a very sincere honest and dedicated man. you will get nomination soon. please add me to the tracking sheet to get your blessings on my application.

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
rascojenkins said:
bendjoe said:
rascojenkins said:
AlbertaAINP said:
rascojenkins said:
I checked my e-case and it has been updated to :Interview scheduled for October ------, 2009. I dont know what is going on at this point. I'm waiting for PPR an interview is scheduled it seems I will have a longtime on chill pills Jesus help me.
Do you think it has got something to do with your NOC - 3131 -> Pharmacist ?

Anyother NOC - 3131 in this forum ????
It can not be my noc. I have invested alot of time, energy and chill pills on this for them to keep delaying the process. After 3 months of waiting for PPR from LA they schedule an interview in october another 2 month of wait.Anyway more money for the chill pill industry.
Rasco,

What is your profession. Wonder you work in some security sensitive industry. Order a CAIPS I think that will give some info. And guys try not to pick LA consulate.
I am a pharmacist. Trust me the LA consulate is the biggest mistake someone can make.
Rasco,
I don't think they even care about your NOC. Generally the primary reason for the interview could the discrepency in the data between various subsections in the application. One example is, there might be a discrepency between activities and residence.

I know it is unfortunate. However, After ordering the CAIPS, if you carefully go through your complete application, you may probably understand what specific things triggered them to call you for the applicatgion. So if you prepare well for the interview, you can succesfully get the PR. Best of luck.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Folks who have already received the nomination, I was told by the AINP officer that the nomination is valid for 1 year. She was not sure about it. Does that mean you have 1 year to apply for CIC? Can you please clarify based on your case as you have already received the nomination?

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Ell.Bee said:
Folks who have already received the nomination, I was told by the AINP officer that the nomination is valid for 1 year. She was not sure about it. Does that mean you have 1 year to apply for CIC? Can you please clarify based on your case as you have already received the nomination?
not sure about validity of nomination.... but the letter I got stated that I must file CIC app within 6 months of nomination..

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
ainpdude said:
not sure about validity of nomination.... but the letter I got stated that I must file CIC app within 6 months of nomination..
That is what someone had mentioned before. I told the AINP officer that I heard it for first time that its valid for 1 year. Then she said that she isnt sure about the 1 year.

C

cchabert

Mine said valid for six months, and I didn't ask why not for a year, I just sent the papers to CIC ASAP

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
cchabert said:
Mine said valid for six months, and I didn't ask why not for a year, I just sent the papers to CIC ASAP
What I meant to ask the AINP officer is that there are people who have received the nomination letter a month after it was approved. I was trying to get to the point that it is valid for 5 months after we actually receive it and that is when she said it is valid for 1 year. I told her that it might not be the case as I have heard it is just valid for 6 months. Thats when she told me she is not sure of the validity.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
can anyone give me more ideas about what to do with the address change?
My situation is cic cashed my money order last week and I'm moving to different appartment next month(august) what will be the best thing to do folks? do i inform cic about change of my address or request mail forwarding to usps to my new address until i get the AOR.
If i need to request cic about address change how do i do that. Anyone with similar experience. i'll appreciate any advice.

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
dipen said:
My situation is cic cashed my money order last week and I'm moving to different appartment next month(august) what will be the best thing to do folks? do i inform cic about change of my address or request mail forwarding to usps to my new address until i get the AOR.
If i need to request cic about address change how do i do that. Anyone with similar experience. i'll appreciate any advice.
Dipen what I have seen is that sometimes the USPS address forwarding doesnt work that good. So in case you are changing the address I would suggest is :
1. Update the mail forwarding with USPS
2. Update Your CIC via email, fax and written letter writing details about your file number etc. You can update CIC Buffalo if your file is still in Buffalo at their email/fax and send a written signed letter.
3. Update AINP in Alberta about the address change.
4. Make a duplicate key for your mail box(use it ethically if you HAVE to) or at least check with the new tenants every week if they receive any letter by your name because I have seen that USPS sometimes donot forward the mail to the new address. It has happened to one of my friend whose medicals arrived at the old address and the USPS didnt forward it to the new address and the medical dates expired.
Hope this helps.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Sukhminder, thanx for the information. Actually i am just moving to the different building within the same apartment complex and I have the mailbox key for right now. So I am just thinking about making mail forward request to usps. If I do the mail forward request I dont have to update CIC about this right? but i do have to update AINP regarding my new address. Will this bring any conflicting situation in future? i mean I keep the old address with cic until i get AOR by doing mail forwarding with usps but give the AINP my new address.
Any idea friends

sukhminder said:
dipen said:
Dipen what I have seen is that sometimes the USPS address forwarding doesnt work that good. So in case you are changing the address I would suggest is :
2. Update Your CIC via email, fax and written letter writing details about your file number etc. You can update CIC Buffalo if your file is still in Buffalo at their email/fax and send a written signed letter.
4. Make a duplicate key for your mail box(use it ethically if you HAVE to) or at least check with the new tenants every week if they receive any letter by your name because I have seen that USPS sometimes donot forward the mail to the new address. It has happened to one of my friend whose medicals arrived at the old address and the USPS didnt forward it to the new address and the medical dates expired.
Hope this helps.

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
dipen said:
Sukhminder, thanx for the information. Actually i am just moving to the different building within the same apartment complex and I have the mailbox key for right now. So I am just thinking about making mail forward request to usps. If I do the mail forward request I dont have to update CIC about this right? but i do have to update AINP regarding my new address. Will this bring any conflicting situation in future? i mean I keep the old address with cic until i get AOR by doing mail forwarding with usps but give the AINP my new address.
Any idea friends

sukhminder said:
dipen said:
Hope this helps.
This is your personal choice Dipen to update CIC or not. Since you are moving to a different apartment in the same building so I guess its ok BUT if any non-indians come into that new place as tenants then you cant assume that you will get your mails in case USPS mail forwarding didnt work correctly. So it would be in your best interest to get the mails directly to your present new address. You should get your address updated with CIC so that you get all the correspondence that they sent you.I dont trust USPS that much after that incident with my friend who missed his medicals deadlines. Just my 2 cents!

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
rascojenkins said:
I checked my e-case and it has been updated to :Interview scheduled for October ------, 2009. I dont know what is going on at this point. I'm waiting for PPR an interview is scheduled it seems I will have a longtime on chill pills Jesus help me.
Rasco may be this info can be a bit helpful...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/prepare-an-interview-t3109.0.html

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
kgh said:
rascojenkins said:
bendjoe said:
rascojenkins said:
AlbertaAINP said:
rascojenkins said:
Do you think it has got something to do with your NOC - 3131 -> Pharmacist ?

Anyother NOC - 3131 in this forum ????
It can not be my noc. I have invested alot of time, energy and chill pills on this for them to keep delaying the process. After 3 months of waiting for PPR from LA they schedule an interview in october another 2 month of wait.Anyway more money for the chill pill industry.
Rasco,

What is your profession. Wonder you work in some security sensitive industry. Order a CAIPS I think that will give some info. And guys try not to pick LA consulate.
I am a pharmacist. Trust me the LA consulate is the biggest mistake someone can make.
Rasco,
I don't think they even care about your NOC. Generally the primary reason for the interview could the discrepency in the data between various subsections in the application. One example is, there might be a discrepency between activities and residence.

I know it is unfortunate. However, After ordering the CAIPS, if you carefully go through your complete application, you may probably understand what specific things triggered them to call you for the applicatgion. So if you prepare well for the interview, you can succesfully get the PR. Best of luck.
Thanks kgh,
like you say CAIPS notes will tell me what triggered an interview.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
sukhminder said:
rascojenkins said:
Rasco may be this info can be a bit helpful...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/prepare-an-interview-t3109.0.html
sukhminder,
Thanks alot for your help buddy. I also want to thank everyone for their help and support thus far.