Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
I am already in Calgary from last 8 months. Sometime you need to move stuff, which you can't leave or sell......like my daughter's toys with which she love playing.....and you may end up paying more then what it costs.....Kids don't accept replacement toys so easily. If they get used to playing with some soft toy, they just want that only and nothing else.

I sold most but still was left with around 10-11 boxes, which the family wouldn't want to sell. :)

CalgaryChairman said:
I would say sell most of stuff in us and be more mobile. one laptop, one suitcase with casuals, one suitcase with general stuff and just drive to calgary. well you may be right if you have a family type things.

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Avalap

Sent you PM. Please check.

Avalap said:
Thank you Kevinctech

Mar 20, 2011
ag_tou said:
I am already in Calgary from last 8 months. Sometime you need to move stuff, which you can't leave or sell......like my daughter's toys with which she love playing.....and you may end up paying more then what it costs.....Kids don't accept replacement toys so easily. If they get used to playing with some soft toy, they just want that only and nothing else.

I sold most but still was left with around 10-11 boxes, which the family wouldn't want to sell. :)
I would say that if something is less important but you can't sell the advertise under 'free pickup' and get rid of anything which is problem. lighter you are better and stronger you are because from housing to job related relocation. everything will become easier. Edmonton will be the next job hub.
These all immigrant families are moving in calgary and formula is clear;
that one immigrant = two good paying IT jobs are gone because one for him and one for his spouse. pretty soon calgary will not be an option because people will face tougher competition. There were only few thousands it jobs available for which this Ainp SRS thing was designed. for the first time Alberta will see over availability of it folks which they thought to be scarce in 2008.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
People who are in IT please advise. I am thinking Edmonton have more IT jobs compare to Calgary. Is that correct. When i do job hunt i do more calls from Edmonton. Is that correct. Please advise.

Is that Edmonton is good place to live if we get job?. Or Calgary is nice place to live?. Please advise if you have any opinion.

CalgaryChairman said:
I would say that if something is less important but you can't sell the advertise under 'free pickup' and get rid of anything which is problem. lighter you are better and stronger you are because from housing to job related relocation. everything will become easier. Edmonton will be the next job hub.
These all immigrant families are moving in calgary and formula is clear;
that one immigrant = two good paying IT jobs are gone because one for him and one for his spouse. pretty soon calgary will not be an option because people will face tougher competition. There were only few thousands it jobs available for which this Ainp SRS thing was designed. for the first time Alberta will see over availability of it folks which they thought to be scarce in 2008.

Mar 20, 2011
surenderJeet said:
People who are in IT please advise. I am thinking Edmonton have more IT jobs compare to Calgary. Is that correct. When i do job hunt i do more calls from Edmonton. Is that correct. Please advise.

Is that Edmonton is good place to live if we get job?. Or Calgary is nice place to live?. Please advise if you have any opinion.
Certainly people who are there are in best position to observe. in general, Calgary is best as of now atleast untill 10,000 more IT immigrants arrive with their spouses so 20,000 jobs will disappear from market. Calgary, being oil capital of Alberta has more these places to work. Edmonton being province capital has more government jobs.

Tees Maar Khan

Mar 12, 2011
CalgaryChairman said:
Certainly people who are there are in best position to observe. in general, Calgary is best as of now atleast untill 10,000 more IT immigrants arrive with their spouses so 20,000 jobs will disappear from market. Calgary, being oil capital of Alberta has more these places to work. Edmonton being province capital has more government jobs.
Chootiya phir aagaya.

Mar 20, 2011
dear seniors;

Can anybody advice if during car import, custom officials object about the weight you carry in your car? A friend of mine said that once somebody's entry was denied because CBSA found too much stuff in car. I mean don't understand why CBSA cares that how much you carry as long as you carry what you should carry you should be fine. isn't it? But this Calgary fellow told me this thing. has anybody experienced this kind of hurdle?

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
Gunther said:
Friends,

I received passport request via email from Detroit on Monday. Went in person on Tuesday and got the visa stamped.

Submitted the passports and photographs at 9:00AM. The officer said after checking that they will be able to give my passports back the same day at 1:30PM. I went back and collected the stamped passports

Do note that I saw a notice in the consulate that 'same day service is not available at this consulate as of 11-March-2011'

The note I received along with passport request said if submitting passport in person, they will be available for pick up in 10 days.

Probably there were less people that day and hence the officer was able to give my passports back the same day.

Also, the Detroit Consulate is closed on Wednesdays

Wish you all the best!
Congrats Gunther !!

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
cchabert said:
I just used 1 and it was around $1200 including everything.
I have another question. Did you go the customs warehouse to have your relocube cleared? b) did you ship if before or after you reached Alberta?

thanks for your help.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CalgaryChairman said:
dear seniors;

Can anybody advice if during car import, custom officials object about the weight you carry in your car? A friend of mine said that once somebody's entry was denied because CBSA found too much stuff in car. I mean don't understand why CBSA cares that how much you carry as long as you carry what you should carry you should be fine. isn't it? But this Calgary fellow told me this thing. has anybody experienced this kind of hurdle?
If they find too many trash bags filled with clothes stacked on the rear seat, ironing board sticking from rear seat to the dash board with and a trash can on front seat with used mops, broom and left over bleach and toilet bowl cleaner inside it, then may be they might deny entry. CBSA will have problem if you have applied under the SRS H1B Stream and on arrival you look like a handy man fit to do plumbing jobs.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
surenderJeet said:
Kevintech any good news.

I am not sure why it is taking long for you and me. It should not take that long?. Any idea?.
No yaar no news yet.. I'm pretty tensed..lets see..

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
surenderJeet said:
Kevintech,

Any news from consulate?. Please advise. :)
No nothing yet.. :-(

What is your ecas showing, there is no change in my ecas.. :-(

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Man,

I think some thing wrong with your health. I think you should see a psychiatrist. If you want some highly skilled and highly paid jobs go to india.
Why are you in this forum and posting all the crap. why you want to go to canada or why you want to be in canada. Creating many new id's and posing you are not the one who posts all that crap, what you want to achieve. Posting all that Reddy crap, what is that. If you have guts post their real names and real companies and who is behind that reddy company and who is attending all that interviews and also make a complaint to uscis.

Please stop this.

lee

AlbertaGovernor said:
If they find too many trash bags filled with clothes stacked on the rear seat, ironing board sticking from rear seat to the dash board with and a trash can on front seat with used mops, broom and left over bleach and toilet bowl cleaner inside it, then may be they might deny entry. CBSA will have problem if you have applied under the SRS H1B Stream and on arrival you look like a handy man fit to do plumbing jobs.